Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 514055 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #585 on: March 18, 2014, 01:41:40 PM »
this sounds carefully planned enough to be an A-team episode.

You can do anything if you set your mind to it. Or your bowels.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #586 on: March 18, 2014, 01:58:00 PM »
Reminds me of this quote:

"The prime objective of a hemorrhoidectomy is to remove the offending varicosity with as little damage as possible to the patient. Of all the structures in the area, one stands out as the king. You can damage, deform, ruin, remove, abuse, amputate, maim, or mutilate every structure in and around the anus except one. That structure is the sphincter ani. There is not a muscle or structure in the body that has a more keenly developed sense of alertness and ability to accommodate itself to varying situations. It is like the goalie in hockey...always alert."

They say man has succeeded where the animal fails because of the clever use of his hands, yet when compared to the hands, the sphincter ani (anal sphincter) is far superior. If you place into your cupped hands a mixture of fluid, solid, and gas and then through an opening at the bottom you try to let only the gas escape, you will fail. But the anal sphincter can do it. The sphincter can apparently differentiate between solid, liquid, and gas. It apparently can tell whether its owner is alone or with someone, whether standing or sitting down, whether its owner has his pants on or off. No other muscle of the body is such a protector of the dignity of man, yet so ready to come to his relief."

As quoted from Dr. Walter C. Bornemeier

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #587 on: March 18, 2014, 02:11:25 PM »
JO Hivemind is one of the most annoying comments I've seen in a while
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #588 on: March 18, 2014, 02:22:31 PM »
JO Hivemind is one of the most annoying comments I've seen in a while

I wouldn't necessarily have you as part of a hivemind but you are the single biggest sunshiner. I can not remember a single thing that the Jets have ever done that you didn't find the positive in - a player is linked and you list all the reasons why it's a great move, and then as soon as it happens you've got nothing but reasons why it was a lucky escape. That isn't the most awful thing - it's a hell of a lot better than always assuming that everything's going to go dreadfully wrong - but it does suggest a lack of objectivity.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #589 on: March 18, 2014, 02:30:04 PM »
I wouldn't necessarily have you as part of a hivemind but you are the single biggest sunshiner. I can not remember a single thing that the Jets have ever done that you didn't find the positive in - a player is linked and you list all the reasons why it's a great move, and then as soon as it happens you've got nothing but reasons why it was a lucky escape. That isn't the most awful thing - it's a hell of a lot better than always assuming that everything's going to go dreadfully wrong - but it does suggest a lack of objectivity.

Really? 

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #590 on: March 18, 2014, 02:30:55 PM »

He was one of the biggest Geno critics for most Of the season and he wanted the team to move on from Rex.

To say anyone here is a sunshiner or has blinders on shows a lack of self awareness on your part.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #591 on: March 18, 2014, 02:32:27 PM »
Usually if I think a move is great, it ends horribly.  And vice versa.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #592 on: March 18, 2014, 02:34:28 PM »
Really? 

I think you've been pretty fair and balanced about Geno. Not sure that that contradicts my point.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #593 on: March 18, 2014, 02:45:21 PM »
I think you've been pretty fair and balanced about Geno. Not sure that that contradicts my point.

Would you have been against Geno Smith had I not badmouthed him during most of the offseason?

I'd like some examples of my lack of objectivity. 

Because I knew who Oday Aboushi was and didn't complain about that pick, I'm a sunshiner?

Because I think Brian Winters can develop into a better player in his second year, I'm a sunshiner?

Mike Goodson, David Garrard, and Stephen Peterman signings made sense to me because I realized that LaRon Landry wasn't a realistic option for us.  He sucked in 2013, by the way.  But we should still be paying him $6M a season.  /sunshined

Was I not right about Chris Ivory?  I was calling for that move for years.  The sun is shining. 

I thought Wayne Hunter would be solid and that Derrick Mason would be a decent player for us.  Oh well.  Those moves were out of our control, just like the rest of them.  So because I don't throw a temper tantrum when things don't go how I expected, I'm not objective and I'm a sunshiner?  I'm fine if you see me that way.  It'll be much more fulfilling for me when the Jets are back in the playoffs.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 02:50:38 PM by Heismanberg »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #594 on: March 18, 2014, 03:17:29 PM »
Seeing the positive in things doesn't necessarily mean you're wrong, as you've demonstrated.

As a recent example of what I'm talking about though (and I'm not about to go digging through the multiple threads, so if you think I'm talking out of my arse I'll just have to accept that), when the Jets were meeting with DRC your view was that he was the best suited corner to Rex's system and that his skill set would be very effective in this defense. As soon as it was announced that he was joining the Giants, your view was that he's a player whose commitment is questionable and who takes plays off.

Now, none of that is contradictory and in fact it may all very well be completely correct. My point is, when it looks like he might sign for us you bring forward the positive aspects and when he doesn't, you bring forward the negative. That's proper sunshining.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #595 on: March 18, 2014, 03:20:21 PM »

I'm definitely the biggest sunshiner.

Hyman was as much of a SOJ as you could get last season. Jets win a game and he has a hundred excuses why we didn't deserve it. We beat the Saints and it's all because of Sproles injury so we didn't deserve it. Week after week the guy foamed at the mouth screaming for Rex to get herpes and die. Calling him a sunshiner would be like calling me a good speller.

But what he does do is not be retarded. And realize Idzik's relatively obvious long term strategy, which is not to wildly overpay on people's favorite players in madden. If Idzik let's MO Wilk walk in free agency get out the crosses and torches by all means. But if Idzik gets our cap under a long term manageable plan then we could be set for a long time.

Tanny went buck wild with spending, and it completely fucked us for about 3 seasons. We had mountains of debt with guys like pace Scott Harris Holmes and more wildly overpaid. Idzik's plan is long term, so it might take a while to appreciate. But patience is key here

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #596 on: March 18, 2014, 03:23:48 PM »
Seeing the positive in things doesn't necessarily mean you're wrong, as you've demonstrated.

As a recent example of what I'm talking about though (and I'm not about to go digging through the multiple threads, so if you think I'm talking out of my arse I'll just have to accept that), when the Jets were meeting with DRC your view was that he was the best suited corner to Rex's system and that his skill set would be very effective in this defense. As soon as it was announced that he was joining the Giants, your view was that he's a player whose commitment is questionable and who takes plays off.

Now, none of that is contradictory and in fact it may all very well be completely correct. My point is, when it looks like he might sign for us you bring forward the positive aspects and when he doesn't, you bring forward the negative. That's proper sunshining.

You act like I'm the only one saying this stuff.  It's widely known.

I was fine with DRC coming in on a prove-it deal, which is what Idzik ended up offering.  He has the skillset to be a very good man-to-man corner.   

I only took shots at him when the Giants signed him to a longterm deal.  Much like just about anybody else, I worry that he won't buy-in and that isn't worth a longterm commitment.  I knocked his effort and his ability against the run - he's been with four teams in seven seasons.  If he was worth committing to, don't you think someone would have done so by now? 

Big money, longterm deals should be used on players that our front office is certain about.  Not players that give half-assed effort in most games. 
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 03:25:23 PM by Heismanberg »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #597 on: March 18, 2014, 03:38:04 PM »
I'm definitely the biggest sunshiner.

Hyman was as much of a SOJ as you could get last season.

Hyman?

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #598 on: March 18, 2014, 03:38:50 PM »
Hyman?

Most be spell check for Heismanberg. My phone doesn't know the difference between the two

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #599 on: March 18, 2014, 03:39:52 PM »
Most be spell check for Heismanberg. My phone doesn't know the difference between the two

I thought it was a bad joke/misspelling of hymen.

Heismanberg is a virginal lady membrane.