Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 514060 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #5190 on: May 05, 2022, 09:13:19 AM »
The public spectacle of the Depp-Heard case and the glee with which people are following it.

Celebrity obsession is just awful in general.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #5191 on: May 05, 2022, 10:58:51 AM »
The public spectacle of the Depp-Heard case and the glee with which people are following it.
I meant to post this the other day.  God damn that excrement is stupid and everywhere.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #5192 on: May 05, 2022, 12:11:16 PM »
Quote from: Badger
The public spectacle of the Depp-Heard case..
I meant to post this the other day.  God damn that excrement is stupid and everywhere.

^ This +10

Depp looks like a sullen, sleazed-out junkie while she....

...nice pins...

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #5193 on: May 07, 2022, 06:05:27 AM »
How long does it take Target and FedEx to ship a crockpot 6 miles entirely within Queens? The answer may surprise you!

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #5194 on: May 07, 2022, 08:52:48 AM »
How long does it take Target and FedEx to ship a crockpot 6 miles entirely within Queens? The answer may surprise you!

The only place I rely on for delivery is Amazon. If I order from a brick-and-mortar, I do in-person pickup. Your crockpot probably went from College Point to Newark to Farmingdale and is scheduled to be delivered May 26th.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #5195 on: May 07, 2022, 08:58:11 AM »
The only place I rely on for delivery is Amazon. If I order from a brick-and-mortar, I do in-person pickup. Your crockpot probably went from College Point to Newark to Farmingdale and is scheduled to be delivered May 26th.
It's for Mother's Day, my sister forwarded me the link and they had beat Amazon's price so it seemed like a no brainer. Now I'm gonna have to go out in the rain last minute if I can't confirm it's showing up today.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #5196 on: May 07, 2022, 11:13:25 AM »
It's for Mother's Day, my sister forwarded me the link and they had beat Amazon's price so it seemed like a no brainer. Now I'm gonna have to go out in the rain last minute if I can't confirm it's showing up today.
https://www.homedepot.com/l/College-Point/NY/Flushing/11354/1277

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #5197 on: May 07, 2022, 11:18:35 AM »
https://www.homedepot.com/l/College-Point/NY/Flushing/11354/1277

"Sorry Mom, I ordered you a crockpot but it didn't get here in time so I had to improvise. Here's a drywall saw, a 3/8" thread cutter and a pack of Pex crimps, happy Mother's Day. Dad gets the crockpot for Father's Day."
A cross-dressing limey poofter

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #5198 on: May 07, 2022, 01:52:06 PM »
"Sorry Mom, I ordered you a crockpot but it didn't get here in time so I had to improvise. Here's a drywall saw, a 3/8" thread cutter and a pack of Pex crimps, happy Mother's Day. Dad gets the crockpot for Father's Day."

hahaha....the ol' switcheroo...

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #5199 on: May 07, 2022, 06:24:48 PM »
I enjoy anything that dampens excitement for horse racing.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/05/07/sports/kentucky-derby-horse-race

Melissa Hoppert
May 7, 2022, 7:19 p.m. ET4 minutes ago
4 minutes ago
Melissa Hoppert

In a major upset, Rich Strike, an 80-1 long shot, wins the Kentucky Derby.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Rich Strike, the 80-1 shot ridden by Sonny Leon and trained by Eric Reed — certainly not household names in horse racing, let alone the sport’s biggest stage — rallied to capture the 148th Kentucky Derby on Saturday in front of the first full crowd at Churchill Downs since 2019.

Before Friday, Rich Strike was not even in the field. He drew into the race when Ethereal Road was scratched.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #5200 on: May 07, 2022, 08:25:06 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/05/07/sports/kentucky-derby-horse-race

Melissa Hoppert
May 7, 2022, 7:19 p.m. ET4 minutes ago
4 minutes ago
Melissa Hoppert

In a major upset, Rich Strike, an 80-1 long shot, wins the Kentucky Derby.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Rich Strike, the 80-1 shot ridden by Sonny Leon and trained by Eric Reed — certainly not household names in horse racing, let alone the sport’s biggest stage — rallied to capture the 148th Kentucky Derby on Saturday in front of the first full crowd at Churchill Downs since 2019.

Before Friday, Rich Strike was not even in the field. He drew into the race when Ethereal Road was scratched.
I admit I enjoyed this outcome.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #5201 on: May 07, 2022, 08:29:44 PM »
You know some people bet a shitload on the longest shot in the race. Some douchebags won some money today.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #5202 on: May 07, 2022, 08:46:18 PM »
I admit I enjoyed this outcome.
Same here.  I don't know squat about thoroughbred racing but Sonny Leon made a slick move down the stretch to give his steed room to break for the finish line - exciting finish.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #5203 on: May 10, 2022, 01:11:59 PM »
Micro USB cables are total derriere and I can't wait for them to be extinct

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #5204 on: May 12, 2022, 09:28:06 AM »
When you're filling up at an empty gas station and someone pulls in on the other side of the pump you're using meaning that the pump slows down when they start filling up, despite there being multiple other empty pumps they could have gone to.
A cross-dressing limey poofter