Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 514060 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #4395 on: October 31, 2017, 06:17:46 PM »
So if you had a kid and they wanted to dress up on Halloween and go trick or treating, you’d tell them no because it’s weird? Most kids participate in Halloween so they would probably be viewed as the weird one by their friends.

If I had funbags and a fanny I'd be a bird, but I don't so it's moot.

I don't care if people want to do Halloween, it's your thing so knock yourself out. Just know that objectively speaking it's really freaking weird, and I don't want to have anything to do with it. My wife stands on the front porch in the freezing cold handing out free candy to hordes of local brats while I sit in the warmth, watch sport and call people cunts on the internet. As long as I'm not having to get involved I don't care.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #4396 on: October 31, 2017, 09:31:17 PM »
Well the holiday isn't really geared to grumpy old men...

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #4397 on: October 31, 2017, 10:11:22 PM »

Had to ditch the mask for a black beanie because of today's terror attack. My first few minutes outside didn't go so well.
"Wrong!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #4398 on: October 31, 2017, 11:31:52 PM »
Try going door to door any of the 364 days of the year and ask if your kid can have some free stuff, and see what the reaction is.

Also kids, remember - don't talk to strangers, don't get in their cars and don't accept candy from them. Except on this one day of the year if you're dressed up as a Power Ranger, then it's absolutely fine.

Also, grown adults going to the pub in fancy dress. freak off, your desire to be the centre of attention is getting in the way of me watching whatever sport it is that I've gone to watch. Get the freak out of here.

Yeah, it's weird. In all sorts of ways.

It's amazing for a such a royal sour puss you're any fun at the tailgates. Jesus you're a wet freaking blanket.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #4399 on: October 31, 2017, 11:39:09 PM »
What's weird about Halloween? People are ridiculous.

I just retweeted someone who said something along the lines of: "advice for when teens show up at your door trick-or-treating. The world is burning, just share the candy!"

I was at a Halloween party at my son's school Saturday. Many of us dressed up in costume, but some parents were all "Why would I dress in costume? I'm not a child." No. You're not. You're a miserable poopchute. Now please go stand in a corner while the rest of us enjoy ourselves.
One day is set aside to go from door to door asking for free stuff. One day is set aside to eat all the dry-derriere turkey you can fit in your stomach. One day is set aside for a fat-derriere to come down your chimney and deliver presents to kids. I know. Shocking that we have these things called "holidays."

People going out in costume one night a year is cool. They're probably having a lot more fun than you.

It's not weird. You're a grouch.
Well the holiday isn't really geared to grumpy old men...
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #4400 on: November 01, 2017, 06:08:38 AM »
If I had funbags and a fanny I'd be a bird, but I don't so it's moot.

I don't care if people want to do Halloween, it's your thing so knock yourself out. Just know that objectively speaking it's really freaking weird, and I don't want to have anything to do with it. My wife stands on the front porch in the freezing cold handing out free candy to hordes of local brats while I sit in the warmth, watch sport and call people cunts on the internet. As long as I'm not having to get involved I don't care.

Would a man of such high class and taste enjoy it if his wife dressed up in some slutty something or other or would that be below you?

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #4401 on: November 01, 2017, 08:45:05 AM »
hes got no kids, if you havent heard. his wife can wear skimpy items and show her derriere as she pleases, as they have no kids. he dosent need a made up weird day to dress up, as he has no kids.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #4402 on: November 01, 2017, 08:54:14 AM »
Would a man of such high class and taste enjoy it if his wife dressed up in some slutty something or other or would that be below you?

Not her style, so again. Moot point.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #4403 on: November 01, 2017, 09:27:49 AM »

Yeah something's blowing him it's not his wife and it has a schlong.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #4404 on: November 01, 2017, 10:07:46 AM »
Don't accept candy from strangers, except this one time.
Don't go asking for free stuff from people, except this one time.

Holidays are a time for us to take a break from the drudgery of every day life, not go out and do plainly stupid and irritating things. Why am I the poopchute if I don't buy candy for your kids? Also, Halloween isn't a holiday. It's this strange excuse for people to do really nonsensical and irritating things.

Needing to put on a costume to have fun isn't normal behaviour. That's just freaking strange.

It's weird. You don't see it because you've grown up with it, but with the objective eye of an outsider, trust me. Really freaking weird.

Nah.

You're just a grouch.

"Why is that guy dressed as Harley Quinn?"

Hahahaha

Not her style, so again. Moot point.

Ah, and now we get to the heart of the matter.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #4405 on: November 01, 2017, 10:13:36 AM »
Ah, and now we get to the heart of the matter.

How is that "the heart of the matter"? I can and do see my wife in underwear every day, how freaking sad are you if you think that Halloween is awesome because you finally get to see your wife in skimpy clothing?

I think I've been fairly clear about what the heart of the matter is. Growing up in a country where Halloween isn't really a thing, seeing the level to which people go over here and the behaviours that they attach to it is bizarre. That is the heart of the matter.

Equally, Thanksgiving means absolutely nothing to me. It's not a thing in the UK. At least they don't expect me to dress up as a Disney princess in order to eat turkey though.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #4406 on: November 01, 2017, 10:25:48 AM »
How is that "the heart of the matter"? I can and do see my wife in underwear every day, how freaking sad are you if you think that Halloween is awesome because you finally get to see your wife in skimpy clothing?

I think I've been fairly clear about what the heart of the matter is. Growing up in a country where Halloween isn't really a thing, seeing the level to which people go over here and the behaviours that they attach to it is bizarre. That is the heart of the matter.

Equally, Thanksgiving means absolutely nothing to me. It's not a thing in the UK. At least they don't expect me to dress up as a Disney princess in order to eat turkey though.

Nah.

You're a grouch.

July 4th is pretty cool too.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #4407 on: November 01, 2017, 10:30:48 AM »
Why are you all arguing with him? That's the funniest part of this argument.

He hates Halloween, so what? Let him hate it.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #4408 on: November 01, 2017, 10:37:49 AM »
Why are you all arguing with him? That's the funniest part of this argument.

He hates Halloween, so what? Let him hate it.

It's more fair to say that I shake my head in bemusement and ignore it. I'd only hate it if I was forced to participate, which I'm not.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #4409 on: November 01, 2017, 10:43:36 AM »
It's more fair to say that I shake my head in bemusement and ignore it. I'd only hate it if I was forced to participate, which I'm not.
You seem as though you do indeed, hate it, although I suppose bemusement works, but as I grow older I find you're not gonna change someone's opinion of something just because you disagree, especially a grown man in his 40s.