Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 513964 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #4365 on: September 30, 2017, 05:40:06 PM »
The damn donate option when I use my card to check something out at the pharmacy. CVS should donate their own damn profits, not make me feel like a jerk when I'm just trying to buy some Mucinex.
Yep.  And places that have a tip line that aren't places you normally tip.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #4366 on: September 30, 2017, 06:27:44 PM »
Yep.  And places that have a tip line that aren't places you normally tip.

Holy excrement yeah. Basically any spot that uses an iPad to checkout, there's always a field for a tip. Why should I tip you 20% for ringing me up for a bag of cashews that I just picked off a rack? I take joy in it though, and even audibly say "aaand no tip."
"Wrong!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4367 on: September 30, 2017, 07:12:45 PM »
Holy excrement yeah. Basically any spot that uses an iPad to checkout, there's always a field for a tip. Why should I tip you 20% for ringing me up for a bag of cashews that I just picked off a rack? I take joy in it though, and even audibly say "aaand no tip."
Ahahaha, dick move. Haha.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #4368 on: October 01, 2017, 10:59:39 AM »
Such a dick move, I love it.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #4369 on: October 01, 2017, 11:15:04 AM »
I generally determine the tip I give, or if I give one at all, by a few factors:

- how much effort I have had to put into the process
- how much effort the person serving me has had to put into the process
- whether I intend to return to the establishment
- how hot the person serving me is

So cute server at my local bar who brings me beer and wings while I yell at fat men running into each other on TV? Big fat tip. Pizza guy who always brings my delivery first so it's still piping hot and is nice to my dogs? Good tip. Hairy Greek dude with the lazy eye who serves me falafels at my local take out kebab shop? Small tip. Bored wage slave handing over underfilled, overpriced "pints" at the hockey game? No tip.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #4370 on: October 01, 2017, 11:16:36 AM »
here's a tip from your buddy MB...

get a haircut
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #4371 on: October 01, 2017, 01:55:39 PM »
I generally determine the tip I give, or if I give one at all, by a few factors:

- how much effort I have had to put into the process
- how much effort the person serving me has had to put into the process
- whether I intend to return to the establishment
- how hot the person serving me is

So cute server at my local bar who brings me beer and wings while I yell at fat men running into each other on TV? Big fat tip. Pizza guy who always brings my delivery first so it's still piping hot and is nice to my dogs? Good tip. Hairy Greek dude with the lazy eye who serves me falafels at my local take out kebab shop? Small tip. Bored wage slave handing over underfilled, overpriced "pints" at the hockey game? No tip.

This. One hundred percent.
"Wrong!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4372 on: October 03, 2017, 10:04:25 AM »
"You can use vinegar to clean that".  freak off.  I hate the way vinegar smells.  Smells like a foot.  Plus it usually doesn't clean that well anyway.  Why would anyone want anything smelling like vinegar?  Oddly enough vinegar tastes ok in some things.

"I use coconut oil".  Also freak off.  Coconut oil does not cure cancer or everything else.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #4373 on: October 03, 2017, 10:11:48 AM »
Not bringing enough of last night's leftovers for my lunch today. I'm still hungry and it was good, and there was more left.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #4374 on: October 03, 2017, 10:25:33 AM »
"You can use vinegar to clean that".  freak off.  I hate the way vinegar smells.  Smells like a foot.  Plus it usually doesn't clean that well anyway.  Why would anyone want anything smelling like vinegar?  Oddly enough vinegar tastes ok in some things.

"I use coconut oil".  Also freak off.  Coconut oil does not cure cancer or everything else.

Vinegar tastes and smells amazing, and if your feet smell like vinegar you should probably see a doctor.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #4375 on: October 03, 2017, 10:50:40 AM »
malt vinegar is the best thing to happen to French fries since gravy & cheese curds
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #4376 on: October 03, 2017, 11:06:19 AM »
Vinegar tastes like Dr. Pepper
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #4377 on: October 03, 2017, 11:06:32 AM »
Vinegar tastes and smells amazing, and if your feet smell like vinegar you should probably see a doctor.

Great post.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4378 on: October 03, 2017, 11:11:32 AM »
Maybe it's just me then.  I hate the way vinegar smells.  I'm even more annoyed that people think it cleans better than anything ever.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #4379 on: October 03, 2017, 11:14:33 AM »
Maybe it's just me then.  I hate the way vinegar smells.  I'm even more annoyed that people think it cleans better than anything ever.

Vinegar does clean some things really well, but it's not the miracle it's often made out to be.

I love the smell and taste of vinegar. I grew up in an Italian family where we had salad with dinner every night, and it was just oil and vinegar rather than salad dressing on it.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well