Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 513985 times)

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #4305 on: May 12, 2017, 02:06:57 PM »
This fuckn guy
"Wrong!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4306 on: May 30, 2017, 10:05:10 AM »
This is my annual mention of how annoying it is when people start and continue conversations with me while I am clearly doing something else important.  I don't mind if someone asks me a question or makes a comment.  I don't mind if someone wants to have a conversation when nothing is going on.  But a couple of people at my office constantly want to talk about their kids sports teams or some stupid excrement they bought on amazon and expect me to respond while I'm typing up a report or a letter.  I have zero ability to multi-task, so now I have to sit there in limbo between a discussion I don't care about and something I need to do but can't concentrate on.  I'm too nice to tell them to shut up.  So I just sit and fume with a smile on my face.

I haven't responded to a single word you said or even looked at you.  Take a hint.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #4307 on: May 30, 2017, 10:35:55 AM »
Quinoa. I don't care how freaking healthy it is, it has the consistency of cat litter.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4308 on: May 30, 2017, 11:30:32 AM »
Quinoa. I don't care how freaking healthy it is, it has the consistency of cat litter.
Yeah.  I tolerate it.  Not bad if mixed in something else in small amounts.  Not sure how anyone can like it.  At best I don't mind it. 

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #4309 on: May 30, 2017, 01:08:29 PM »
This is my annual mention of how annoying it is when people start and continue conversations with me while I am clearly doing something else important.  I don't mind if someone asks me a question or makes a comment.  I don't mind if someone wants to have a conversation when nothing is going on.  But a couple of people at my office constantly want to talk about their kids sports teams or some stupid excrement they bought on amazon and expect me to respond while I'm typing up a report or a letter.  I have zero ability to multi-task, so now I have to sit there in limbo between a discussion I don't care about and something I need to do but can't concentrate on.  I'm too nice to tell them to shut up.  So I just sit and fume with a smile on my face.

I haven't responded to a single word you said or even looked at you.  Take a hint.

yo people do this excrement all the time at work. its so frustrating, because then i have pretend to give a freak

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4310 on: May 30, 2017, 02:32:33 PM »
yo people do this excrement all the time at work. its so frustrating, because then i have pretend to give a freak

If I could keep doing what I was doing I wouldn't care, but it's just enough to distract me and pee me off.  I don't even pretend like I give a freak anymore, I just try to make no response or any gestures indicating I am listening.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #4311 on: May 30, 2017, 02:40:17 PM »
If I could keep doing what I was doing I wouldn't care, but it's just enough to distract me and pee me off.  I don't even pretend like I give a freak anymore, I just try to make no response or any gestures indicating I am listening.

did you watch Fubar 2 yet?
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4312 on: May 30, 2017, 04:05:44 PM »
did you watch Fubar 2 yet?

No, can't find it and I keep forgetting to look. 

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #4313 on: May 30, 2017, 05:17:06 PM »
No, can't find it and I keep forgetting to look.
prrrt
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4314 on: May 30, 2017, 05:46:22 PM »
prrrt

You Canadians need to make your cult classics more available for Americans like me to watch for free.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #4315 on: May 31, 2017, 09:44:34 AM »
After initial eye contact and greeting, I just completely ignore them and go on with the task at hand.

I don't get invited to the pub very often, but I get my work done.

I eat lunch in my office to avoid having to talk.  Lunch alone, 5 minutes.  Lunch with others, 30 minutes minimum.  Don't they have work to get done?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #4316 on: May 31, 2017, 10:06:59 AM »

A large part of my job is listening to someone's unsolicited life story while extracting the tiny bits of relevant information needed to help them do what they came to me for.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4317 on: May 31, 2017, 10:41:32 AM »
A large part of my job is listening to someone's unsolicited life story while extracting the tiny bits of relevant information needed to help them do what they came to me for.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #4318 on: May 31, 2017, 11:12:21 AM »
At my last job I would have to bring in union reps to sign off on random excrement.  These were phone agents.  I would schedule them for 15 minutes, enough time for the task at hand.  By minute 30, I have been checking emails for 15 minutes not listening to a word they are saying.

I do not freaking care about your kid's graduation or your upcoming trip to Disneyland.  I am salary.  Please get the freak out now.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #4319 on: May 31, 2017, 12:21:31 PM »

Co-signed