Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 513993 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #4095 on: November 26, 2016, 07:52:53 PM »
Related:

We need to come up with a term for something: if the left has SJWs, what do we call the right's equivalent?

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #4096 on: November 26, 2016, 07:59:59 PM »
assholes

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #4097 on: November 26, 2016, 09:12:58 PM »
Related:

We need to come up with a term for something: if the left has SJWs, what do we call the right's equivalent?
No we don't. I find SJW to be an incredibly irritating term. I guess their analog is racist/misogynist/homophobic assholes, but we don't need a term for them.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #4098 on: November 26, 2016, 10:28:53 PM »
I find SJW to be an incredibly irritating term.

Because you won't admit it has a proper application. Well-meaning people are still capable of taking their position to an extreme deserving of mockery, which is where a label like SJW comes in handy.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #4099 on: November 26, 2016, 10:32:15 PM »
Because you won't admit it has a proper application. Well-meaning people are still capable of taking their position to an extreme deserving of mockery, which is where a label like SJW comes in handy.
It absolutely has a proper application, but given that it's already being applied to everyone to the left of Genghis Khan it has already lost all use.

We live in a poisonous time.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #4100 on: November 27, 2016, 11:42:30 AM »

hmm. whenever i've come across a person who i feel the SJW tag applies to, it's to somebody who's not actually well-meaning. it's usually a fake who is trying to act cool as freak on social media

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #4101 on: November 28, 2016, 04:46:29 AM »
The phenomenon of way more people complaining about something happening than the thing actually happening continues today with Fidel Castro praise. Personally, I've seen zero praise for the man and about 10 people bitchibg about stupid liberals praising him.

Uh, Justin Trudeau and Jill Stein.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #4102 on: November 28, 2016, 04:50:26 AM »
^--also the president of Ecuador. Double freak that guy.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #4103 on: November 28, 2016, 07:09:02 AM »

freak Trudeau. Why in the freak would the leader of a Western democracy praise that piece of excrement dictator.
"Wrong!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #4104 on: November 28, 2016, 07:26:19 AM »
freak Trudeau. Why in the freak would the leader of a Western democracy praise that piece of excrement dictator.

I think it's hilarious this is coming from you of all people.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #4105 on: November 28, 2016, 08:12:13 AM »
I think it's hilarious this is coming from you of all people.

lol
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #4106 on: November 28, 2016, 08:51:54 AM »

Wasn't trying to say it didn't happen at all. Just there was way more complaining about people praising him than actual people praising him. Stein is a nobody so really only Trudeau or was there more? The amount of complaining I heard and saw the other day would have only been warranted of way more prominent people were saying he was a great guy.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #4107 on: November 28, 2016, 09:00:28 AM »
Apparently that retard Kaepernick praised him as well

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #4108 on: November 28, 2016, 01:41:06 PM »
Wasn't trying to say it didn't happen at all. Just there was way more complaining about people praising him than actual people praising him. Stein is a nobody so really only Trudeau or was there more? The amount of complaining I heard and saw the other day would have only been warranted of way more prominent people were saying he was a great guy.

That type of general strident dismissal is what is frustrating to a lot of the Cuban community.  There is a giant gulf of ignorance (especially on the left, for some reason which is bizarre because they credit themselves on facts and science) regarding what Castro and his regime have actually done. What Kaepernick said is what Obama has thought too.  People don't realize what Castro actually did.

I mean, Castro hijacked a revolution and said "hey guys, just kidding. No free elections. I'm really a communist" and executed or jailed anyone who opposed him while taking everybody's excrement. Everyone subscribed to communism except him, which he used to live an insanely extragavant lifestyle. He stayed in power for almost 60 years, and there are were world leaders praising the guy.  It's scary how many young people in general subscribe to the "hey guys, maybe things have changed" routine. THey've obviously never met a 80 year old Cuban man.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 01:43:08 PM by JFIF »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #4109 on: November 28, 2016, 02:29:59 PM »

Because Castro and Pierre Trudeau were friends, Justin has known him all of his life. Just as when you or I go there will be plenty of people happy to stomp down the dirt, one hopes that we will have retained some friends willing to remember the good in us.

I don't know enough about the history of Cuba or Castro to have an opinion on the guy personally, but I think the right wing outrage over a simple statement of remembrance for a family friend is - as with most things right now - completely over the top. He isn't going to the funeral and already the mouthpieces are berating him for flipflopping.