Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 513999 times)

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #3930 on: June 23, 2016, 02:14:12 PM »
Also, a lot of teachers have summer gigs. Temp jobs, summer school, etc.
"Wrong!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3931 on: June 23, 2016, 02:27:19 PM »
What's the average difference in salary between a 3rd grade teacher and, for example, a teacher in high school?
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #3932 on: June 23, 2016, 02:33:06 PM »
What's the average difference in salary between a 3rd grade teacher and, for example, a teacher in high school?

A roll of nickles.
"Wrong!"

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #3933 on: June 23, 2016, 02:36:27 PM »
I have a lot of friends who became teachers. Seems like the first few years suck with low play and extremely long hours to get grading and lesson planning done. Now it seems like most of them who have been doing it for a few years are at the point of a decent salary and have enough years of lesson plans to look back on that they aren't doing everything from scratch anymore.

The main complaints I see now are kids who put in no effort and then have their parents coming in to blame the teacher on a regular basis. I could imagine dealing with parents who think their kid can do no wrong gets very frustrating.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #3934 on: June 23, 2016, 08:37:04 PM »
The main complaints I see now are kids who put in no effort and then have their parents coming in to blame the teacher on a regular basis. I could imagine dealing with parents who think their kid can do no wrong gets very frustrating.

This is exactly why I never pursued that career path. Dealing with parents in general seems like a nightmare. I got a taste of it when I worked at camp.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3935 on: June 24, 2016, 10:25:50 AM »
People who cross through the middle of a busy street, walk as slow as humanly possible, then shoot you a look like you're the poopchute for driving in it.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #3936 on: June 24, 2016, 10:27:07 AM »
People who cross through the middle of a busy street, walk as slow as humanly possible, then shoot you a look like you're the poopchute for driving in it.

every pedestrian in Miami

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #3937 on: June 24, 2016, 11:27:20 AM »

Every true New Yorker has the ability to stop traffic with a mean look while jaywalking.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #3938 on: July 06, 2016, 08:43:43 PM »
Mobile apps that are designed to only work in portrait orientation.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #3939 on: July 07, 2016, 12:18:32 PM »
People who don't know the difference between Chapter 11 and Chapter 7. STFU morons.
"Wrong!"

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #3940 on: July 10, 2016, 01:28:12 AM »
I just went to Wendy's after the bar to order a 4 for 4 because I'm drunk and degenerate.

I drove away and realized the kitchen fucked up my order, even though my receipt was correct (meaning the cashier/order taker entered it properly), my order came out wrong. I had already eaten most of the food and the fucked up item was the last item in the bag.

So i drove to a nearby Wendy's on my way home, not far from the original location, and ordered more food and asked them to change it. I showed the manager the receipt, the sandwich and he tried to be a dick at first.  He was some mexican/peruvian looking Inca lover of the older lady and i tried to be incredibly reasonable with him at first, and he kept shrugging me off. Basically trying to say "that's their problem".

So I said. "Do you really want me to drive 3 miles back and exchange the order? That's how you do business? I know franchises are different but this is a dollar item, and i have the receipt to prove it"

Then I said "Look, I've spent hundreds of dollars at this location in a six month span. Way better than my health deserves. You can say no, and i'll never come here again. Or you can fix this, and i'll say "They Did Right by Me" and continue as usual.

He fixed it. The fact I even had to get to that point of convincing him was obnoxious, becuase it's not like the location I went to had a stellar reputation. But it's amazing the level of incompetence of people who work fast food.  I guess the real message is , DON'T EAT THAT excrement!.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 01:41:10 AM by JFIF »

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #3941 on: July 10, 2016, 01:36:20 AM »
I just went to Wendy's after the bar to order a 4 for 4 because I'm drunk and degenerate.

I drove away and realized the kitchen fucked up my order, even though my receipt was correct (meaning the cashier/order taker entered it properly), my order came out wrong. I had already eaten most of the food and the fucked up item was the last item in the bag.

So i drove to a nearby Wendy's on my way home, not far from the original location, and ordered more food and asked them to change it. I showed the manager the receipt, the sandwich and he tried to be a dick at first.  He was some mexican/peruvian looking Inca lover of the older lady and i tried to incredible reasonable with him at first, and he kept shrugging me off. Basically trying to say "that's their problem".

So I said. "Do you really want me to drive 3 miles back and exchange the order? That's how you do business? I know franchises are different but this is a dollar item, and i have the receipt to prove it"

Then I said "Look, I've spent hundreds of dollars at this location in a six month span. Way better than my health deserves. You can say no, and i'll never come here again. Or you can fix this, and i'll say "They Did Right by Me" and continue as usual.

He fixed it. The fact I even had to get to that point of convincing him was obnoxious, becuase it's not like the location I went to had a stellar reputation. But it's amazing the level of incompetence of people who work fast food.  I guess the real message is , DON'T EAT THAT excrement!.

Your last sentence.....
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #3942 on: July 10, 2016, 01:45:19 AM »
Larger point is that too many people in retail/customer service are generally trying to lie to you just so they can say there's nothing that can be done about it. Until you get loud, or aggressive or speak to their manager. It's built into their training.  The fact that being nice or polite gets you nothing is inherently retarded when dealing with morons. Fast food, front line customer workers etc. All the same.

You're not fooling (enough) people, you undereducated lazy cunts.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 01:47:56 AM by JFIF »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #3943 on: July 10, 2016, 08:29:57 AM »
Larger point is that too many people in retail/customer service are generally trying to lie to you just so they can say there's nothing that can be done about it. Until you get loud, or aggressive or speak to their manager. It's built into their training.  The fact that being nice or polite gets you nothing is inherently retarded when dealing with morons. Fast food, front line customer workers etc. All the same.

Sadly people think this applies to all facets of life. As a government employee who deals with the general public for 7 hours a day I deal with a lot of this.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #3944 on: July 10, 2016, 01:10:31 PM »
Sadly people think this applies to all facets of life. As a government employee who deals with the general public for 7 hours a day I deal with a lot of this.

That would be awful.

I can't recall your department off hand but I think people dealing with the government are inherently angry or at least annoyed, going into any interactions.  You're really going to get the worst of that going in.