Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 513994 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #3915 on: June 15, 2016, 10:51:34 AM »
Spicy pizza lady keeps a pepper mill at her desk for lunch. I'm not sure if I'm more annoyed or amused.

And a bottle of mustard
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #3916 on: June 15, 2016, 10:52:38 AM »
And a bottle of mustard

I applaud all things involving mustard.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #3917 on: June 15, 2016, 11:18:16 AM »
Surprised you don't just curl into the overhead compartment
4.5 honks
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3918 on: June 20, 2016, 03:16:52 PM »
Some chick just spelled the sunglasses brand- "Ray bands"
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #3919 on: June 22, 2016, 10:07:41 AM »
People who walk around in Vibram Five Fingers.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #3920 on: June 22, 2016, 11:07:51 AM »
Never saw anyone actually wear those.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #3921 on: June 22, 2016, 11:27:55 AM »
Never saw anyone actually wear those.

I've seen quite few people running in them. Saw a guy walking around a mall in them yesterday as well. People who wear Five Fingers invariably do so with a smug look on their face and I don't know why. They look stupid and the science is questionable.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #3922 on: June 22, 2016, 12:32:01 PM »
Saw these the other day:

"Wrong!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #3923 on: June 23, 2016, 09:03:36 AM »
People who can't wait to tell you how busy they are.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #3924 on: June 23, 2016, 12:13:20 PM »
People who can't wait to tell you how busy they are.
That's a good one. We're all busy, stfu.

On a different and probably unpopular note.. teachers on social media. Always complaining about their salary and such. For the love of god be done with it. They have like half the year off and leave the building at 3pm

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #3925 on: June 23, 2016, 12:21:36 PM »

On a different and probably unpopular note.. teachers on social media. Always complaining about their salary and such. For the love of god be done with it. They have like half the year off and leave the building at 3pm

They also get to bring in the tv for an educational video when hungover.
"Wrong!"

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #3926 on: June 23, 2016, 12:23:39 PM »
They also get to bring in the tv for an educational video when hungover.
Hahahaha, adding to my ammunition

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #3927 on: June 23, 2016, 01:12:18 PM »

My Mom was a second grade teacher about 187 years it seemed, so I'm a bit biased the other way.  Most teachers (my Mom anyway) get there about an hour before and leave an hour after the kids do because they have lesson planning.  Plus they do end up taking work home with them fairly often (lesson plans, grading papers, etc).  The summer off is a good perk admittedly, but even then, they don't get what the kids do because they have to be back early to plan for the next year and clean up from the previous one. 

Teachers these days can't even teach the way they want with all of the SOL stuff.  They have to teach to a test.

Most importantly, they have to deal with like 30 kids for 6 hours every weekday for 9 months.  Then, in most cases, come home to their own.  I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.  Then again, I have no desire to be a teacher. 

I'm not saying they deserve to be paid $1 million dollars a year, but they do deserve a bump up, aside from the few shitty ones.'

The social media part, I agree.  Anybody whining on social media is annoying. 
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 01:16:19 PM by bojanglesman »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3928 on: June 23, 2016, 01:28:58 PM »

The shitty ones leave at 3PM.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #3929 on: June 23, 2016, 02:02:02 PM »

Eh.  It's a job that people abuse just like any other.  The problem is that all teachers make the same amount based on experience rather than ability and results.  There are issues with performance based pay as classes differ in ability and output, so it's really just an impossible situation to pay each teacher what he or she is worth.

Having said that, my wife is at her school 7 to 4 each day, often later, and does a ton of work at home.  She gets 8 weeks off in summer, but she is spending this whole week in training and has meetings periodically.

I've never met a teacher who was in and out with the bell and didn't bring work home.  I don't think it's actually possible unless you teach PE, and most of those teachers coach as well.

Either way, I come from a family of teachers and see a ton of posts on FB about it.  They're more the humorous kind about needing to drink to get through the school year etc.  I'd get annoyed if I saw a ton of the kind you're describing.