Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 513924 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #3675 on: February 22, 2016, 08:06:28 AM »
"Excuse me!" is all it takes. Most people, even non-Whites, would rather avoid confrontation in the morning. Besides, if you're commuting then likely the others are commuting as well, which means they're not going to risk losing their job because some white kid wants to walk by them.

You think most non-whites are actually going to work in the morning? That's ambitious.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #3676 on: February 26, 2016, 06:37:37 PM »
Used too low a setting when I was manscaping and now my balls itch.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #3677 on: February 26, 2016, 07:26:35 PM »

Temporary solution: Shave.
"Wrong!"

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #3678 on: February 26, 2016, 07:27:25 PM »
I bet your boyfriend appreciates it

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #3679 on: February 26, 2016, 07:35:15 PM »
100% of the people I've seen sharing this never served in any military capacity.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #3680 on: February 26, 2016, 07:37:41 PM »
Temporary solution: Shave.

How does that help?

I bet your boyfriend appreciates it

He'd better nosh me off after this.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #3681 on: February 28, 2016, 12:07:49 PM »
100% of the people I've seen sharing this never served in any military capacity.

LOL.  You need better friends.

California has the best public college system in the country, from community colleges to the Cal States to the UCs.  With books, it's about $7000/year to get an education via the Cal State system.  The UC system doubles that.  I don't think that's unreasonable in the slightest for the level of education you get, especially as an investment in your future.  Unless my kids can get into a school with tons of financial aid like I did, I'm encouraging the UC system.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #3682 on: February 28, 2016, 12:34:43 PM »

LOL.  You need better friends.

California has the best public college system in the country, from community colleges to the Cal States to the UCs.  With books, it's about $7000/year to get an education via the Cal State system.  The UC system doubles that.  I don't think that's unreasonable in the slightest for the level of education you get, especially as an investment in your future.  Unless my kids can get into a school with tons of financial aid like I did, I'm encouraging the UC system.

City University of NY Queens College, where I went, was like $5000 a year with books. I was able to pay that off with a part time job making $10 an hour and summers as a doorman. Most of the people complaining about college tuition are mad that they can't go to the big fun state schools that are $60k a year.

Granted, if you want to be on an associate track at a big investment bank, only the top notch expensive schools have internship programs that help, but I have people working alongside of me who went to NYU and Columbia. It's what you do after college that counts more than anything.
"Wrong!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #3683 on: February 28, 2016, 12:39:48 PM »
City University of NY Queens College, where I went, was like $5000 a year with books. I was able to pay that off with a part time job making $10 an hour and summers as a doorman. Most of the people complaining about college tuition are mad that they can't go to the big fun state schools that are $60k a year.

Granted, if you want to be on an associate track at a big investment bank, only the top notch expensive schools have internship programs that help, but I have people working alongside of me who went to NYU and Columbia. It's what you do after college that counts more than anything.

What state schools cost $60k a year for residents?

My kids seem STEM inclined.  If they can get into a great program and get aid, great.  Otherwise, there are some great schools in the UC system for STEM fields.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #3684 on: February 28, 2016, 12:42:56 PM »

What state schools cost $60k a year for residents?

My kids seem STEM inclined.  If they can get into a great program and get aid, great.  Otherwise, there are some great schools in the UC system for STEM fields.

Well I exaggerated but there are a lot that are $30k+. My first semester was at Hofstra, a school in LI which isn't better than QC, but my first semester was $25k. I got sucked into the same trap. I though a city or state school wouldn't be worth it.
"Wrong!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #3685 on: February 28, 2016, 01:45:23 PM »

Well I exaggerated but there are a lot that are $30k+. My first semester was at Hofstra, a school in LI which isn't better than QC, but my first semester was $25k. I got sucked into the same trap. I though a city or state school wouldn't be worth it.

Hofstra is private.  You said State schools that were $60k+.  Private schools absolutely can cost that, and there are a ton of way overpriced ones.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #3686 on: February 28, 2016, 02:09:45 PM »

Hofstra is private.  You said State schools that were $60k+.  Private schools absolutely can cost that, and there are a ton of way overpriced ones.

Well then I think most people who are complaining are doing so because they can't afford to go to private schools without a mountain of debt. State and city schools are perfectly reasonable. Sure, state schools are more expensive, but you really don't need to go to one if you can't afford it.
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #3687 on: February 28, 2016, 07:34:16 PM »

Most of the people complaining about college tuition are mad that they can't go to the big fun state schools that are $60k a year.

Most people complaining about college tuition are done with school and realized they got fucked. Most people who would benefit directly from a future move to free public universities are not even voting age yet.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3688 on: February 28, 2016, 08:06:00 PM »
The amount of social justice warriors on freaking social media. You're not making a difference, you clicked a button that shared a link.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3689 on: February 29, 2016, 09:40:24 AM »
The fat chick near me at work talking about the "spicy" pizza she ate on Saturday that ruined her weekend.

"No one else even thought it was spicy!!1!"
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about