Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 513970 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #285 on: December 10, 2013, 01:29:49 AM »
However...on the other end of the spectrum,most fitness model types and hardcore bodybuilders have serious body dysmorphia and pretty much throw out the "healthy" part of fitness with eating/training strictly for aesthetics.  There's nothing healthy about force feeding yourself 5k-7k cals and trying to deadlift 10 plates or going in and out of ketosis for extended periodsof time. Can't tell you how many people I know who used to be serious into bodybuilding that either have excrement loads of injuries or are having major health problems now that they're older

Ever meet a fitness chick? They're freaking terrififying...not just talking about the dykey ones, talking about the fitnessy model hot chicks. Most fucked up women you will ever meet.

The injuries, sure all the time, but other health problems ? I mean I guess theres the heart related problems,  and like Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy but thats usually like 20s-30s

Not counting people who used PEDs of some nature of course.

Then again I guess you dont see too many 70 + year old former bodybuilders.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 01:32:13 AM by dcm1602 »

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #286 on: December 10, 2013, 01:40:16 AM »
The injuries, sure all the time, but other health problems ? I mean I guess theres the heart related problems,  and like Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy but thats usually like 20s-30s

Not counting people who used PEDs of some nature of course.

Then again I guess you dont see too many 70 + year old former bodybuilders.

Lets not forget PEDs can be a very wide spectrum. Prohormones, stims, etc.  Pre workout supps stress your heart, same with ephedrine and whatever else.

I'm not saying don't take em, but equally as annoying as the "fat is beautiful people" are the insecure OCD bodybuilders who preach about health and dedication when their lifestyle is basically rooted in deep insecurity and reckless behavior. I've been guilty of being obsessive over aesthetics, but rarely was I disillusioned into thinking that i was being "healthy" by being that obsessive regardless if I was eating clean.

I could probably personally never fall into that ideal middle ground of truly being healthy and moderate..with aesthetics as a byproduct rather than the focus, but i'll never stand on a soapbox and judge other people who aren't fitness nuts.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 01:42:21 AM by JFIF »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #287 on: December 10, 2013, 06:20:10 AM »
I think I just realized why so many people think I'm quiet. Most of them I just never bothered to engage in conversation with, because I didn't care about what they were saying.

I always considered myself quiet and just realized this 100% applies to me. 200% when I'm at work.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #288 on: December 10, 2013, 06:45:50 AM »
This:

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #289 on: December 10, 2013, 06:49:43 AM »
I wasn't a bodybuilder or anything, but my metabolism is completely fucked because of high school sports.

Football (170) -> Wrestling (155) -> Baseball (165-170)

If I could go back in time, I would punch my wrestling coach in the face and then punch myself in the face. 

It's definitely had an impact on my health (diet and joints).  I have to work really hard to maintain a certain weight, and I can't eat (or drink) like complete excrement without suffering the consequences...which sucks.

I never thought to blame HS wrestling on my shitty metabolism, so why the hell not. freak my wrestling coach Julio.
"Wrong!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #290 on: December 10, 2013, 08:09:28 AM »
I read that as you fucked your wrestling coach Julio.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #291 on: December 10, 2013, 08:40:31 AM »
I read that as you fucked your wrestling coach Julio.

Julio Sandusky
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #292 on: December 10, 2013, 08:41:02 AM »
Haha. He taught us a move called "The Julio Roll". Not kidding either.
"Wrong!"

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #293 on: December 10, 2013, 10:07:00 AM »
I'm almost positive i'd be 2-3 inches taller if I didn't basically survive off french bread pizza, skittles and dr pepper for most of my high school years.

Pizza.  Check.
Candy.  Check.
Soda.  Check.

Pretty much my entire diet in HS.  Guess that's why I'm 6'4.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #294 on: December 16, 2013, 01:19:58 PM »
The overuse and abuse of the word "epic". The sandwich you just made was not "epic". That picture that you just posted to Facebook of your dog wearing reindeer antlers is not "epic". Nothing you have ever done or will ever do in your sad, meaningless little existence is "epic". Stop it.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #295 on: December 16, 2013, 01:28:23 PM »
The overuse and abuse of the word "epic". The sandwich you just made was not "epic". That picture that you just posted to Facebook of your dog wearing reindeer antlers is not "epic". Nothing you have ever done or will ever do in your sad, meaningless little existence is "epic". Stop it.

Epic post right here

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #296 on: December 16, 2013, 01:28:39 PM »

"Bacon + Sriracha = EPIC"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #297 on: December 16, 2013, 02:33:09 PM »
. I'd also add in the word "amazing" to your point.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #298 on: December 16, 2013, 02:38:19 PM »
. I'd also add in the word "amazing" to your point.

The problem is that people tend to latch on to one word and then drive it into the ground. Gotta diversify your vocabulary.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #299 on: December 16, 2013, 02:57:12 PM »
This and everything that derived from it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moneymaker_effect