Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 514059 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #3225 on: July 28, 2015, 03:21:40 PM »
My bad, 50.

your math needs to be better if you're gonna solidify that gov job.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #3226 on: July 28, 2015, 03:24:48 PM »
perhaps jonnyd was a yuppie in the late 90s....and morphed into whatever he is now.

He was a goomba in the '90s.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #3227 on: July 28, 2015, 05:16:35 PM »

I really don't consider myself a yuppie. Am I a yuppie? I don't think I am.

I don't think Yuppie is a really relevant term anymore, but you'd have been close 30 years ago.  I just don't think you're materially obsessed enough.  You're more like an entitled old money type.  You remind me more of the rich kids and trust funders I know, which is pretty funny given your background.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #3228 on: July 28, 2015, 05:19:28 PM »

Anyone who cannot get off the phone to handle a human interaction need to die in a fire.

How did you resist saying something to the bitch when she was right in front of you?

It seemed more worthwhile to be extra nice to the girl behind the counter.  She seemed horribly embarrassed by it, not angry.  It didn't seem like making it an even bigger deal would be at all helpful to her.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3229 on: July 28, 2015, 08:09:19 PM »
Yeah the term is a little outdated. in CT I always took it to mean the people that wear sweaters around their waist to the yatch club.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #3230 on: July 28, 2015, 08:35:02 PM »
In those situations I silently scheme what I would say to the douche in the off chance that they say/do something to me. It never actually happens but it's fun to think about how you'll tell them off. Koz is familiar with this when it comes to the train dike

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #3231 on: July 28, 2015, 08:42:26 PM »

I don't think Yuppie is a really relevant term anymore, but you'd have been close 30 years ago.  I just don't think you're materially obsessed enough.  You're more like an entitled old money type.  You remind me more of the rich kids and trust funders I know, which is pretty funny given your background.

Yeah, yuppies as we think of them are pretty much extinct now. Their closest living descendants are the finance bros who drink at Midtown East bars.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #3232 on: July 28, 2015, 09:01:46 PM »
NIMBYS are fairly freaking loathsome

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #3233 on: July 28, 2015, 09:26:13 PM »
NIMBYS are fairly freaking loathsome

I've become that way with the homeless problem here, although to be honest, the only reason I preface it by saying "I really think we've done the homeless wrong by not providing better for them..." is so I don't look like an poopchute.  It softens the blow when I follow it up with "...but I wish someone would ship their stank asses the freak out of our city."  Motherfuckers are multiplying at an alarming rate lately.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #3234 on: July 28, 2015, 09:29:59 PM »
Yeah, yuppies as we think of them are pretty much extinct now. Their closest living descendants are the finance bros who drink at Midtown East bars.

Yeah.  The biggest thing about yuppies was their overwhelming absorption with what other people thought of them.  Needing to impress people and cultivate image.  The truly wealthy assholes don't give a freak what you think of them.  That's the difference.  They have an utter disregard for everyone who can't do something for them, and they excrement on those people mercilessly with no regard for humanity or an ounce of empathy.  The worst are basically sadists who can act in the open and with impunity.

Anyway, yeah, I don't see why anyone would call Tommy a yuppie.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #3235 on: July 29, 2015, 06:15:15 AM »
Tommy is easy to classify.  He's gay.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #3236 on: July 29, 2015, 08:10:46 AM »
Tommy is easy to classify.  He's gay.

They always say the gayest have the best gaydar, that's probably why you can tell a mile away.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #3237 on: July 29, 2015, 08:19:04 AM »
They always say the gayest have the best gaydar, that's probably why you can tell a mile away.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #3238 on: July 29, 2015, 09:00:20 AM »
Yeah.  The biggest thing about yuppies was their overwhelming absorption with what other people thought of them.  Needing to impress people and cultivate image.  The truly wealthy assholes don't give a freak what you think of them.  That's the difference.  They have an utter disregard for everyone who can't do something for them, and they excrement on those people mercilessly with no regard for humanity or an ounce of empathy.  The worst are basically sadists who can act in the open and with impunity.

Anyway, yeah, I don't see why anyone would call Tommy a yuppie.

A better example of yuppie other than American Psycho does not exist.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #3239 on: July 29, 2015, 09:07:02 AM »
A better example of yuppie other than American Psycho does not exist.

He also had the right idea with how to deal with them.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!