Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 513986 times)

Ignatius J Reilly

Re: Annoyances
« Reply #2730 on: April 09, 2015, 07:46:41 PM »
I wasn't suggesting that many people believe in the whole terrorism thing, but enough people do to make terrorism an actual thing. ISIS has nearly 100,000 members, and growing. And there are countless other terrorist organizations. Keep in mind that these groups also attract educated people from well off families. Hell, look at the 911 hijackers.

Obviously the majority of people in the middle east don't support terrorism, but they're not nearly doing enough.

Oh man, I'd never dispute that.  I just wanted to be sure that you weren't talking about this country.  The story was in response to JE's story.  I didn't know the context of your comment at that point.

Anyway, yeah, it's fucked up that a minority controls the majority, but that's kind of how it goes.  If people were blowing excrement up around me and could kill my family in an instant, I'm not sure how vocally I'd oppose them either.  Call it cowardice, but my preservation starts with myself and my family.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2731 on: April 09, 2015, 07:47:02 PM »
Reminds me of this kid Kaid in my daughter's class.  First day of school I see the name and think someone had a really stupid freaking way of spelling Cade.  Year started and my daughter comes home and says "There's this boy in my class who just runs up and screams at people and hits them."  I was like "What the freak is this bullshit?"  She tells us that his name is Kaid and he doesn't speak English.  I knew it was his first year because his mom wears a burka to school every damn day and I had never seen anyone do that when my daughter was in K or 1st grade.  So, I keep asking her every day if this kid is hitting her, and she says no.  She tells us that he doesn't speak any English and she thinks his family moved here from somewhere with an S.  I'm guessing Saudi Arabia, someone else says Syria, one says Sudan.  Can't figure it out.

Anyway, kid literally cannot speak or read English.  2nd grade and he's as low and remedial as it gets.  My daughter says, though, that he smiles when he hits people.  Like it's a game.  And he doesn't really hurt anyone.  It's not like that.  A few months in, they have biography night at the school.  Mom doesn't show up, but Dad is there.  Regular guy in shorts and a t-shirt of all things while his wife has to wear a burka.  Kid does his biography speech on Muhammad.  It's supposed to be a historical figure, and he chooses Muhammad.  Ok.

Fast forward to last week.  I take my kids to jiu jitsu and there are Kaid and his brother Agbal or Agdal or Akbal (I don't freaking know what the kid is telling me his name is).  They're laughing and smiling and doing great in class, and both of them have great English at this point.  I've been in the class and seen that Kaid gets along with the other kids well, but the whole burka thing led me to think they'd be more insular than I thought.  So, I talk to their dad.  Turns out they moved here from Saudi Arabia in the summer after trying for a while.  Guy couldn't stand it there any more and says a lot of people are desperate to get out of the middle east.  Some can't get permission, some are tied by family, but not many people are happy living there.  This is a guy who is obviously religious enough for his wife to wear something banned in a lot of Muslim countries.

So, there's that.  If this guy is telling me that people in the region hate the way things are going, I can't imagine many of the people who actually made it over here are desperate to see ISIS succeed.

Also, I still don't have a freaking clue what the dad's name is.  Seriously, just write it down and I'll figure it out, dude.

Call Homeland Security, he's a well trained member of a sleeper cell. How can a smart dude like you not realize why he is hiding his name.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #2732 on: April 09, 2015, 08:03:17 PM »
Reminds me of this kid Kaid in my daughter's class.  First day of school I see the name and think someone had a really stupid freaking way of spelling Cade.  Year started and my daughter comes home and says "There's this boy in my class who just runs up and screams at people and hits them."  I was like "What the freak is this bullshit?"  She tells us that his name is Kaid and he doesn't speak English.  I knew it was his first year because his mom wears a burka to school every damn day and I had never seen anyone do that when my daughter was in K or 1st grade.  So, I keep asking her every day if this kid is hitting her, and she says no.  She tells us that he doesn't speak any English and she thinks his family moved here from somewhere with an S.  I'm guessing Saudi Arabia, someone else says Syria, one says Sudan.  Can't figure it out.

Anyway, kid literally cannot speak or read English.  2nd grade and he's as low and remedial as it gets.  My daughter says, though, that he smiles when he hits people.  Like it's a game.  And he doesn't really hurt anyone.  It's not like that.  A few months in, they have biography night at the school.  Mom doesn't show up, but Dad is there.  Regular guy in shorts and a t-shirt of all things while his wife has to wear a burka.  Kid does his biography speech on Muhammad.  It's supposed to be a historical figure, and he chooses Muhammad.  Ok.

Fast forward to last week.  I take my kids to jiu jitsu and there are Kaid and his brother Agbal or Agdal or Akbal (I don't freaking know what the kid is telling me his name is).  They're laughing and smiling and doing great in class, and both of them have great English at this point.  I've been in the class and seen that Kaid gets along with the other kids well, but the whole burka thing led me to think they'd be more insular than I thought.  So, I talk to their dad.  Turns out they moved here from Saudi Arabia in the summer after trying for a while.  Guy couldn't stand it there any more and says a lot of people are desperate to get out of the middle east.  Some can't get permission, some are tied by family, but not many people are happy living there.  This is a guy who is obviously religious enough for his wife to wear something banned in a lot of Muslim countries.

So, there's that.  If this guy is telling me that people in the region hate the way things are going, I can't imagine many of the people who actually made it over here are desperate to see ISIS succeed.

Also, I still don't have a freaking clue what the dad's name is.  Seriously, just write it down and I'll figure it out, dude.

Women are required to wear I believe at least a hijab in Saudi Arabia. It may be up to a burqa, not 100% on that

But of course the people are fed up, basically every single Arab country is led by an incompetent fool/dictator and once the oil money runs out, those countries are going to regress even further

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #2733 on: April 09, 2015, 08:20:50 PM »
As opposed to the people who love them?
In the sense that ISIS barely rung a bell before 2014. Now it's the new Al Qaeda

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2734 on: April 09, 2015, 08:39:20 PM »
Fingernails. Why do the freaking things have to keep growing?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #2735 on: April 09, 2015, 08:49:21 PM »
My goddamn kid makes it out like we're trying to cut his freaking toes off every time we clip his nails. We have never, at any point in human history, cut him too close or stretched his toes too far or anything. But he always flips his excrement until we cut one, and then he is like "that didnt hurt at all!" and lets us finish. uhghhh

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2736 on: April 09, 2015, 08:50:13 PM »
I bite my nails so by all means keep growing.
"Wrong!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2737 on: April 09, 2015, 08:57:48 PM »
I bite my nails so by all means keep growing.

Only children and nerds chew their nails. Stop it.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2738 on: April 09, 2015, 11:13:34 PM »

You do realize that like all of us, Tommy is a big 3 year old.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #2739 on: April 10, 2015, 06:07:08 AM »

Tommy picked up a stripped! He ain't no nerd.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2740 on: April 10, 2015, 04:31:24 PM »
National Sibling Day. Where the freak did that excrement come from?
"Wrong!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #2741 on: April 10, 2015, 04:36:42 PM »

My Sibling. Where the freak did that excrement come from?

Your mom and dad having sex

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #2742 on: April 10, 2015, 04:47:02 PM »
National Sibling Day. Where the freak did that excrement come from?

People who want to advertise how great and caring they are on social media was my guess.

How do all my FB friends have the best siblings ever! Someone is freaking lying.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #2743 on: April 10, 2015, 05:36:10 PM »
I was friends with this dumb queynte who would constantly post about how amazing of a mother she was because she took her kids to practice or whatever. I finally was unfriended when I asked if there was any difference between how she took her kids to soccer and how every other parent on the planet did it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 05:48:55 PM by IATA »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2744 on: April 10, 2015, 05:42:46 PM »
I was friends with this dumb count

He shook my hand breed tub and walked away