Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 513963 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #2595 on: March 24, 2015, 07:20:29 PM »
They test the card to see if it gets immediately picked up.  CC companies don't give a freak if they eat the charge for some pizza.  The crooks are trying to see if the alert gets triggered before they get busted trying to make a big purchase.
I guess since gas dropped in price so much there goes that trick. That used to be a hot purchase for stolen credit cards

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #2596 on: March 24, 2015, 07:20:43 PM »
They test the card to see if it gets immediately picked up.  CC companies don't give a freak if they eat the charge for some pizza.  The crooks are trying to see if the alert gets triggered before they get busted trying to make a big purchase.

This makes sense, but how do they know if it gets triggered? 

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #2597 on: March 24, 2015, 07:22:12 PM »
Has anyone yet asked why you have a credit card that just sits in a drawer not getting used?  At least rotate a balance through there to get them to raise the credit line and boost your credit score.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2598 on: March 24, 2015, 07:25:02 PM »

Has anyone yet asked why you have a credit card that just sits in a drawer not getting used?  At least rotate a balance through there to get them to raise the credit line and boost your credit score.

Well I have a real credit card I used all the time.

I just had a backup incase some excrement happens with my main one. I figured with how much I use my credit card online that it was inevitable that it would get fucked.

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #2599 on: March 24, 2015, 07:26:38 PM »

Well I have a real credit card I used all the time.

I just had a backup incase some excrement happens with my main one. I figured with how much I use my credit card online that it was inevitable that it would get fucked.

Do you pay cash for stuff?

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #2600 on: March 24, 2015, 07:27:27 PM »
This makes sense, but how do they know if it gets triggered? 

It depends on the bank and customer, but they usually make a series of small transactions and if none get hit they'll try for a big one.  I use mine so regularly that Chase is freaking on it.  I have never had a single purchase approved that I didn't actually make.  Three CCs stolen.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2601 on: March 24, 2015, 07:28:34 PM »
Do you pay cash for stuff?
Rarely

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #2602 on: March 24, 2015, 07:31:14 PM »
Rarely

What I was getting at is use the credit card to make some mundane purchases, and then pay it off.  If you write a check or use your debit card for utility bill, use the credit card and then pay it off. 

I was coat tailing IJR anyway. 

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2603 on: March 24, 2015, 07:32:37 PM »
What I was getting at is use the credit card to make some mundane purchases, and then pay it off.  If you write a check or use your debit card for utility bill, use the credit card and then pay it off. 

I was coat tailing IJR anyway.
So even use a "backup"  card if you have it?

Because I use my regular credit card all the time, I just figured I'd have one in case I lose or my main one gets stolen

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2604 on: March 24, 2015, 07:35:41 PM »
That reminds me, I really must pay my credit card down.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2605 on: March 24, 2015, 07:53:27 PM »
Engage DCM mode:

What if I didn't sign up for that credit card 5 years ago?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2606 on: March 24, 2015, 08:03:31 PM »

Well this was annoying, and pretty freaking weird.

I got a text saying my credit card was being used (which I didn't even know they had my cellphone number).

Checked my account and sure enough it was real,saying I was eating at a restaurant in California (which I've never been).

But what I couldn't figure out, is it wasn't even a credit card I use. It was one I signed up for at the bank in person on paper.

And stuck in a draw in my room NEVER having made any purchases on at all.

So I have no idea how it could have gotten stolen. It literally would have to have been through chase. And I can't see why some criminal mastermind would hack chase just to buy freaking pizza on my credit card.

Did the bank rep talk you into getting it or was it your intention to go in there and sign up for one?

I've heard some stories of scumbags strong arming people into taking out a new line of credit and then scamming them.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2607 on: March 24, 2015, 08:07:49 PM »
Did the bank rep talk you into getting it or was it your intention to go in there and sign up for one?

I've heard some stories of scumbags strong arming people into taking out a new line of credit and then scamming them.
Nah it was my intention.
. Though they tried to talk me into doing my Roth ira there, never did

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2608 on: March 25, 2015, 10:41:49 AM »
People who post all sorts of clickbait bullshit on Facebook with no regard for what is true or not.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2609 on: March 25, 2015, 11:14:21 AM »
People who post all sorts of clickbait bullshit on Facebook with no regard for what is true or not.

the other day Buzzfeed posted a link to a blank page with the header: "Do Not Click on this, it is a blank article"
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about