Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 513893 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #2580 on: March 24, 2015, 03:09:08 PM »
Do you use steak sauce at Ben and Jacks?

Are you talking sashimi or sushi?
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2581 on: March 24, 2015, 03:11:19 PM »
Are you talking sashimi or sushi?

Yes.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2582 on: March 24, 2015, 03:14:53 PM »
But seriously, I guess I am talking more about sashimi. If I'm at a nicer restaurant I'm more likely to be having that than sushi so maybe that's why I'd associate it that way.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #2583 on: March 24, 2015, 03:18:03 PM »
But seriously, I guess I am talking more about sashimi. If I'm at a nicer restaurant I'm more likely to be having that than sushi so maybe that's why I'd associate it that way.

Sashimi is a totally different animal. No, good sashimi I do not dip into anything. I have to be honest unless you go to some really high dollar play it's very difficult to get primo stuff. In fact we got the best sashimi catching our own and bringing it to the restaurant and bartering for the chef to cut it up, obviously the chef took the rest.

Edit: and yes you can really tell the difference.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #2584 on: March 24, 2015, 03:18:36 PM »
just put some cheez whiz on it and STFU.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2585 on: March 24, 2015, 03:37:57 PM »

Agreed.

With Sashimi the wasabi (very small amount) is the glue between the slice of fish and the rice ball.  Unless the chef puts sauce on it, leave it alone.  It tastes the way it is supposed to taste.

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #2586 on: March 24, 2015, 04:57:09 PM »
If it's really high quality stuff, you don't want to step on it with anything.

That really depends - high quality sushi places will pre-season certain pieces but many also give custom sauces that you can dip yourself, and 'un-dressed' sushi or sashimi can always be dipped in soy sauce, even at the fanciest places. Salt brings out flavor - unless you're really into subtle foods, raw fish can often be better with a bit of soy sauce.

Diluting your wasabi into your soy sauce isn't recommended/"correct", but the importance of that is debatable with fake wasabi.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2587 on: March 24, 2015, 05:50:53 PM »

That really depends - high quality sushi places will pre-season certain pieces but many also give custom sauces that you can dip yourself, and 'un-dressed' sushi or sashimi can always be dipped in soy sauce, even at the fanciest places. Salt brings out flavor - unless you're really into subtle foods, raw fish can often be better with a bit of soy sauce.

Diluting your wasabi into your soy sauce isn't recommended/"correct", but the importance of that is debatable with fake wasabi.

Pretty much this. Go nuts with soy if you're having a California roll etc, but rarely is it ever needed for quality nigiri sushi, especially when made fresh in front of you.

I personally don't use soy sauce since it's overkill, but love putting a tiny bit of wasabi on each piece before I eat them.

Now I want sushi.
"Wrong!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2588 on: March 24, 2015, 06:47:02 PM »
Well this was annoying, and pretty freaking weird.

I got a text saying my credit card was being used (which I didn't even know they had my cellphone number).

Checked my account and sure enough it was real,saying I was eating at a restaurant in California (which I've never been).

But what I couldn't figure out, is it wasn't even a credit card I use. It was one I signed up for at the bank in person on paper.

And stuck in a draw in my room NEVER having made any purchases on at all.

So I have no idea how it could have gotten stolen. It literally would have to have been through chase. And I can't see why some criminal mastermind would hack chase just to buy freaking pizza on my credit card.

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #2589 on: March 24, 2015, 06:49:51 PM »

I got a text saying my credit card was being used (which I didn't even know they had my cellphone number).

Checked my account and sure enough it was real,saying I was eating at a restaurant in California (which I've never been).

But what I couldn't figure out, is it wasn't even a credit card I use. It was one I signed up for at the bank in person on paper.

So I have no idea how it could have gotten stolen. It literally would have to have been through chase. And I can't see why some criminal mastermind would hack chase just to buy freaking pizza on my credit card.

I think credit cards are sold on the dark web.  If so, someone probably hacked chase, and sold the number. 

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #2590 on: March 24, 2015, 06:51:27 PM »

saying I was eating at a restaurant in California

[California

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2591 on: March 24, 2015, 06:57:45 PM »
I think credit cards are sold on the dark web.  If so, someone probably hacked chase, and sold the number.
Bought a stolen credit card to buy pizza?

Though the first thing they did was spend 5$ at metropcs which made it blatantly obvious that something funky was up. Buying minutes or a burner phone or something

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #2592 on: March 24, 2015, 07:05:37 PM »

Though the first thing they did was spend 5$ at metropcs which made it blatantly obvious that something funky was up. Buying minutes or a burner phone or something

I am not going to pretend to know how it works, but I am pretty sure I would use it as many times as I could as fast as I could.  It's not like I would make a charge, and then put it in my wallet for a while. 

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #2593 on: March 24, 2015, 07:10:20 PM »

Yes

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #2594 on: March 24, 2015, 07:19:06 PM »

They test the card to see if it gets immediately picked up.  CC companies don't give a freak if they eat the charge for some pizza.  The crooks are trying to see if the alert gets triggered before they get busted trying to make a big purchase.