Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 513946 times)

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #2460 on: March 05, 2015, 11:06:41 PM »

Waiters who recite an unreasonable amount of specials that I have no intention of ordering.

I always take it as "food were trying to get rid of because no one ever orders it"
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2461 on: March 05, 2015, 11:09:41 PM »

I always take it as "food were trying to get rid of because no one ever orders it"

So you're saying you don't want the clove salmon chowder in a pumpernickel bread bowl?

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #2462 on: March 05, 2015, 11:22:01 PM »
It baffles me that people will order the 2-for-1 Tuesday lunch special of Halibut and Chips. Uck

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2463 on: March 06, 2015, 06:16:15 AM »
I always feel obligated to nod like the specials they are reading sound interesting.  Then I order something on the menu.

Next time when they start reading the specials, I'm going to wrinkle my nose and say, "gat damn that sounds nasty.  Why would you cook that?"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2464 on: March 06, 2015, 07:14:11 AM »
I order the specials sometimes, if they sound good freak it. Problem is, many times they don't sound that good.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #2465 on: March 06, 2015, 07:24:44 AM »
It never register it if they just list it all off. I order from the specials if they have a separate sheet with the specials listed.

I hate places, particularly deli's, that have a special listed that's named something like the godfather with no ingredients listed.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2466 on: March 06, 2015, 07:55:58 AM »

Depends on a) the restaurant and b) the day of the week. At a good restaurant it will often be because the chef found a particularly good quality ingredient at a supplier, but even at a good restaurant the fish special on a Sunday is probably to be avoided.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2467 on: March 06, 2015, 08:24:55 AM »
I order the specials sometimes, if they sound good freak it. Problem is, many times they don't sound that good.

"give me one of every special"
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2468 on: March 06, 2015, 09:01:46 AM »
"give me one of every special"

Please don't confuse appetizers for specials.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2469 on: March 08, 2015, 08:30:02 PM »
People who live tweet The Walking Dead.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2470 on: March 08, 2015, 08:30:17 PM »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #2471 on: March 09, 2015, 07:11:26 AM »
Depends on a) the restaurant and b) the day of the week. At a good restaurant it will often be because the chef found a particularly good quality ingredient at a supplier, but even at a good restaurant the fish special on a Sunday is probably to be avoided.

Any good restaurant would easily rather toss product than serve old proteins. But there are a lot of bad restaurants.

Most specials at good restaurants are the best food available - products that are too expensive to keep on the menu full-time but are good for social media, recipes that chefs are actually excited about trying and experimenting with, product that distributors don't have access too most of the time/are very seasonal.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #2472 on: March 09, 2015, 08:19:19 AM »
Waiters who recite an unreasonable amount of specials that I have no intention of ordering.
In the same token, waiters who recite the whole: "Welcome to _______! My name is Johnny Salami. Is this your first time dining with us? It is? Well blah blah blah" for like 2 minutes. I just awkwardly nod along and then pretend I'm grateful for their forced speech.

Whoever in the restaurant industry decided that was a great idea is a real poopchute. Unless your establishment is extremely unique or unconventional I'm perfectly capable of reading your menu.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2473 on: March 09, 2015, 10:16:01 AM »
When someone refers to what I'd consider a non-notable possession by its brand name, eg. calling your bottle of water an Evian.

There is a point where it becomes less silly. You can call your watch a Rolex but you wouldn't call a Casio by name. But if you call your jacket a Northface or your boots Timberlands then you sound like a douche. The iPhone is no longer novel enough to necessitate being called anything other than a phone (this goes for any phone but that's the most common example).

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2474 on: March 09, 2015, 10:19:30 AM »
When Bob Glauber retweets a fake ProFootballTalk article saying the Jets agreed to terms with Iupati
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away