Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 514105 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #2205 on: February 06, 2015, 02:59:56 PM »
You're right. They need to come up with a way for me to play the lotto without leaving home.

Disclaimer: I don't buy lotto tickets.

they have in Canada...you can buy tickets online now.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2206 on: February 06, 2015, 03:00:07 PM »
you can afford to play the stock market too, and actually get return on your investment, but I'm not in the business of telling people how to spend their money.  truth is I spend money on stuff wayyyy more useless than the lottery.

As do I. The problem with the stock market is twofold; 1, it needs a much higher initial investment, and 2, it requires my involvement and thought and effort. The beauty of the lottery is that the stakes are incredibly low and the likelihood of a return exactly the same for everyone.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #2207 on: February 06, 2015, 03:01:37 PM »
I can't wait to rub it in your faces when i win 50 million tonight.

"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2208 on: February 06, 2015, 03:08:53 PM »
But I can afford it, so why wouldn't I? I already said that my logic doesn't apply if you're on the breadline, but I'm not. The lottery costs me on average less than a beer per week.
You are a selfish poopchute for winning away the lottery from the poor people!!!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2209 on: February 06, 2015, 03:15:51 PM »
I can't wait to rub it in your faces when i win 50 million tonight.

And somehow you'll still miss the 2015 tailgate.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #2210 on: February 06, 2015, 03:17:16 PM »

i'd buy us all a box suite....for the season.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2211 on: February 06, 2015, 03:31:40 PM »
You are a selfish poopchute for winning away the lottery from the poor people!!!

Thus far all I've done is increase the amount they stand to win.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #2212 on: February 06, 2015, 03:42:49 PM »
I just never understood the "you're throwing the dollar away!" argument. Granted, if you're on welfare then playing the lottery is dumb. But it's a little bit of fun for a dollar. Why not? Think of all the change you lose in the couch.

Sadly, I'd imagine most of the people dropping $20+ on the tickets are the ones who actually shouldn't be doing so.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #2213 on: February 06, 2015, 03:44:39 PM »
OK, but it isn't like I'm not going to have that vacation anyway. That's the point. I'm not going to have anything I wouldn't otherwise have, it's such a small amount over such a long period as to be an irrelevance.

Nah, dude.  Everyone is conscientious enough to set aside that dollar they'd otherwise spent on the lottery and buy themselves a nice dinner at Chili's at the end of the year to celebrate.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #2214 on: February 06, 2015, 03:45:38 PM »
But I'm not going to have an extra vacation with that money. I'm not putting $5 a week away dutifully in order to have an extra vacation in ten years' time. No-one does that excrement.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.  You're spending FIVE dollars a week on the lotto?  3 Chili's dinners.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #2215 on: February 06, 2015, 03:47:15 PM »

That settles it.  I had no idea Powerball was $380 million tomorrow.  Buying a ticket, and when I win I'm buying season tickets.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2216 on: February 06, 2015, 03:50:39 PM »
I always thought that if I ended up winning and then found out that I'd have to share with 10 other winners, I'd probably end up being pretty disappointed.
"Wrong!"

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #2217 on: February 06, 2015, 05:36:13 PM »
I usually throw a few dollars every week or two on scratch offs. I stopped playing Mega/PowerBall because the odds are insane and winning those gigantic lotteries has ruined a vast majority of the winners' lives.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #2218 on: February 06, 2015, 06:02:00 PM »
I always thought that if I ended up winning and then found out that I'd have to share with 10 other winners, I'd probably end up being pretty disappointed.

Yeah, although on the big pots I'd imagine my first thought would be "HOLY freak".  My second would be "Ok, I'll bet there are like 5 other winners".

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2219 on: February 06, 2015, 06:05:06 PM »
I always wondered if people who regularly buy lottery tickets realize how retarded they are