Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 513890 times)

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #2175 on: February 05, 2015, 02:28:37 PM »

People that stink up the work break room with their disgusting smelling food

Why do you hate Indians.
"Wrong!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2176 on: February 05, 2015, 03:44:59 PM »
Why do you hate Indians.

Because their BO smells worse than what comes out of your butt after you eat Shilla and drink 12 heinekens.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2177 on: February 05, 2015, 04:06:42 PM »

Because their BO smells worse than what comes out of your butt after you eat Shilla and drink 12 heinekens.

Shouldn't bother me then. Everyone loves their own brand!
"Wrong!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2178 on: February 06, 2015, 09:56:47 AM »
Just heard a woman complain that she put 2 gallons in her gas tank yesterday and she has to fill it again today
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2179 on: February 06, 2015, 09:58:59 AM »
Just heard a woman complain that she put 2 gallons in her gas tank yesterday and she has to fill it again today

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2180 on: February 06, 2015, 12:00:15 PM »
Parking in my neighborhood.

If you still haven't cleaned the snow off your street-parked car after several days, you clearly don't freaking need a car and you're just ruining it for everyone else.

If your driveway is still completely covered in snow after several days, parking in front of it should be fair game.

Follow-up:

We came home from the doctor last night and it looked like there was going to be a spot on our block. But when I got closer, I saw that there was originally a gap big enough for 2.5 cars, that now had a car parked exactly in the middle of it, leaving room for 0.75 cars on either side.

I meant to write some expletives in the dirt on their car but by the time I parked elsewhere after circling for ages I forgot to do it.

Koz

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #2181 on: February 06, 2015, 01:27:20 PM »
people buying lottery tickets in front of me in line at a gas station or convenience store.

I'll take 342 box.  243 straight. Box 9974 .

freak YOU!  You'll never win!  Go stand in front of the Keno screen and mindlessly watch the numbers you didn't pick appear.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #2182 on: February 06, 2015, 01:58:09 PM »
I'll take 342 box.  243 straight. Box 9974 .

freak YOU!  You'll never win!  Go stand in front of the Keno screen and mindlessly watch the numbers you didn't pick appear.
Keno, or, lottery crack as I like to call it.

My father actually hits the number quite often. I don't do lotto.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2183 on: February 06, 2015, 02:03:02 PM »
I play powerball when it's over 200 mill, I get quick picks though so I am not holding up excrement.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2184 on: February 06, 2015, 02:08:51 PM »
I only recently relented and now let my wife throw away a dollar whenever the Powerball/Megamillions goes to $250M or higher. I gave up trying to explain the statistical (un)likelihood of actually winning.

If you save one dollar a week rather than spend it on lottery games, at the end of the year you'll have $52 more dollars in your pocket than if you had played every week. I say it all the time to everyone who plays: you're basically setting that dollar bill on fire.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #2185 on: February 06, 2015, 02:12:15 PM »
I only recently relented and now let my wife throw away a dollar whenever the Powerball/Megamillions goes to $250M or higher. I gave up trying to explain the statistical (un)likelihood of actually winning.

If you save one dollar a week rather than spend it on lottery games, at the end of the year you'll have $52 more dollars in your pocket than if you had played every week. I say it all the time to everyone who plays: you're basically setting that dollar bill on fire.

You know what when it's over 272 mill your pot odds are better than the real odds so what the hell.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2186 on: February 06, 2015, 02:16:02 PM »
And I always counter that argument by suggesting that you look at the basic math.

I spend $10 on lottery tickets when I remember, probably every couple of weeks. Let's call it $250 a year. If I didn't spend that, I'd have an extra $250 a year (my winnings just get recycled back into the lottery). What could I do with $250 that would profoundly and fundamentally change my life for the better?

Let's look at it over ten years. $2500 is an OK vacation somewhere sunny. Nice to have, but is one additional vacation every ten years going to profoundly and fundamentally change my life for the better? Is it a vacation I wouldn't otherwise be able to afford? How about over fifty years? $12,500 is an OK used car. In the grand scheme of my life this money has next to zero opportunity cost.

I put it to you that unless you are on the breadline and every dollar and cent counts, you're stupid not to play the lottery. Sure, the chances of winning are infinitesimally small, but giving yourself a small chance to profoundly and fundamentally change your life for the better at the cost of absolutely nothing is a no-brainer decision. You're an idiot if you don't play.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #2187 on: February 06, 2015, 02:19:16 PM »
And I always counter that argument by suggesting that you look at the basic math.

I spend $10 on lottery tickets when I remember, probably every couple of weeks. Let's call it $250 a year. If I didn't spend that, I'd have an extra $250 a year (my winnings just get recycled back into the lottery). What could I do with $250 that would profoundly and fundamentally change my life for the better?

Let's look at it over ten years. $2500 is an OK vacation somewhere sunny. Nice to have, but is one additional vacation every ten years going to profoundly and fundamentally change my life for the better? Is it a vacation I wouldn't otherwise be able to afford? How about over fifty years? $12,500 is an OK used car. In the grand scheme of my life this money has next to zero opportunity cost.

I put it to you that unless you are on the breadline and every dollar and cent counts, you're stupid not to play the lottery. Sure, the chances of winning are infinitesimally small, but giving yourself a small chance to profoundly and fundamentally change your life for the better at the cost of absolutely nothing is a no-brainer decision. You're an idiot if you don't play.

Hahaha I like this one!

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2188 on: February 06, 2015, 02:32:56 PM »

I just never understood the "you're throwing the dollar away!" argument. Granted, if you're on welfare then playing the lottery is dumb. But it's a little bit of fun for a dollar. Why not? Think of all the change you lose in the couch.
"Wrong!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2189 on: February 06, 2015, 02:35:49 PM »
You know what when it's over 272 mill your pot odds are better than the real odds so what the hell.

It doesn't change the fact that the odds are better of something traumatically life-changing happening to you on the way to purchase the ticket than of you actually positively changing your life by winning.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well