Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 514038 times)

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #2130 on: January 28, 2015, 07:36:41 PM »
I wired my entire house in college so we could play Doom and Warcraft over land line.  I have no idea what it was called but it was just round cable with T connections where needed.  I was in my early days of computer geekdom and managed to figure it out.

6 person multiplayer back then was awesome.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2131 on: January 28, 2015, 08:24:17 PM »
Never being able to reach a happy medium between getting a home project done quickly vs. researching it to death to make sure I don't freak it up.  I usually do the latter and get pissed that it wasn't as big a deal as I thought and I wasted 800 hours worrying about it.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 08:30:34 PM by bojanglesman »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2132 on: January 28, 2015, 08:35:14 PM »
Women that wear a ton of makeup.  There's nothing wrong with wearing a little to hide blemishes but at some point it crosses over into clown territory.  No one has fire engine red lips.  No one has black eyelids.  No one should need a freaking paint scraper to get that excrement off. 

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2133 on: January 28, 2015, 08:39:20 PM »
Having to tuck my penis into my socks.  I keep stepping on my balls.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2134 on: January 28, 2015, 09:30:42 PM »
I wired my entire house in college so we could play Doom and Warcraft over land line.  I have no idea what it was called but it was just round cable with T connections where needed.  I was in my early days of computer geekdom and managed to figure it out.

6 person multiplayer back then was awesome.

10BaseT. Green cable.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #2135 on: January 28, 2015, 11:19:19 PM »
How long was it? You can't exceed 100m for a Cat 5.

Normally it would take me about five minutes to make a cable, this took half an hour. The most annoying thing is that there's no logical explanation as to why it wouldn't work as T568A.
Depends what you're plugging into. If the patch panel or switch uses B then A won't work. B is the norm

Have some toilet reading: http://www.cableorganizer.com/articles/difference-between-T568A-and-T568B.html

Generally A or B both work as long as they're the same on both sides. You can't do A on one tip and B on the other unless you also know magic.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 11:22:24 PM by Pope »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2136 on: January 29, 2015, 09:22:50 AM »
Depends what you're plugging into. If the patch panel or switch uses B then A won't work. B is the norm

Have some toilet reading: http://www.cableorganizer.com/articles/difference-between-T568A-and-T568B.html

Generally A or B both work as long as they're the same on both sides. You can't do A on one tip and B on the other unless you also know magic.

You know, I hadn't even thought about that - I know you can't mix the schemes, but it hadn't occurred to me that the switch itself might care. It's connecting a TV to a router, so maybe the router had a problem with it. Thanks for that.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2137 on: January 29, 2015, 06:20:47 PM »
Women that wear a ton of makeup.  There's nothing wrong with wearing a little to hide blemishes but at some point it crosses over into clown territory.  No one has fire engine red lips.  No one has black eyelids.  No one should need a freaking paint scraper to get that excrement off. 

I am with you on this.  I had to convince my wife to lay off the eye makeup when we first started dating.  excrement drove me nuts.

10BaseT. Green cable.

Yup, 10BaseT, though back then the cable was light gray.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2138 on: January 29, 2015, 06:22:13 PM »
People that leave excrement in shopping carts.  There's a trash can 5 feet away for fucks sake.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2139 on: January 29, 2015, 06:30:15 PM »
People that leave excrement in shopping carts.  There's a trash can 5 feet away for fucks sake.

Yes freaking slobs.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2140 on: January 29, 2015, 08:20:26 PM »
People that insist on using their speaker phone when calling that sounds like they are talking from a hallway 37 miles away.  Pick up the phone poopchute!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2141 on: January 30, 2015, 08:25:53 PM »
85% cocoa solids chocolate. What the freak is the point of that nasty bitter excrement? Give me the freaking sugar.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #2142 on: January 30, 2015, 10:00:32 PM »
it's for uppity nimbys

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2143 on: January 30, 2015, 11:18:14 PM »
Yeah I don't get it either.
"Wrong!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2144 on: January 31, 2015, 10:27:13 AM »
Only in America baby.

Incidentally, someone told me Bruce Jenner wanted to become a woman. I thought the dude was freaking with me. Then I saw this and it really freaking annoyed me, men who have ridiculous plastic surgery, what faggots:

Tranny Bruce looks like Ozzy Osbourne.