Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 514088 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #2115 on: January 25, 2015, 03:34:32 PM »
It's more Duke than you, so stop patting yourself on the back. I hate this freaking team.

If I can annoy you even a little steenth, I am whooping it up and patting myself on the back all day long and six ways to Sunday.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2116 on: January 25, 2015, 06:26:55 PM »
The one reason I can see why JE feels that way is what else do you have going on? No real responsibilities and nothing really to do. Most of the other people in there are in the same situation.

Partly because I love aeroplanes and aviation in general, partly because I love travelling and I tend to associate airports with going somewhere new and interesting, partly because they're fascinating microcosms of society, partly because I love getting drunk.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #2117 on: January 25, 2015, 06:34:31 PM »
Partly because I love aeroplanes and aviation in general, partly because I love travelling and I tend to associate airports with going somewhere new and interesting, partly because they're fascinating microcosms of society, partly because I love getting drunk.
I like airport bars, there's usually good fun, but I rarely travel now. I miss the days of just saying freak it and going somewhere for a few days.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2118 on: January 26, 2015, 01:30:50 PM »
Listening to the poopchute next to me. Jesus freaking christ his kids are the best at everything, he's the best at everything, he knows something about everything. See the only thing is, he does everything for his kids, I mean everything. They're 25 years old he schedules Dr. Appointments, speaks to their boss on their behalf, pays for everything, they're freaking spoiled brats and not too smart. They were the best football players on a team that had several college/NFL players, yeah ok. He also says every freaking cliche under the sun and constantly fucks them up......"it's where the road meets the tire"........IF I never had to listen to that simple hick freak again, it wouldn't be too soon. freak him.

Listening to him opine about excrement makes me yearn to read DCM all day long.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2119 on: January 26, 2015, 04:27:51 PM »
Spent the last half hour trying to make one freaking Cat 5 cable. Put four new ends on, two each end, all perfect T568A configurations, nada. Cut them off again, put two on as T568B, works perfectly. No logical explanation.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2120 on: January 26, 2015, 04:38:36 PM »

Spent the last half hour trying to make one freaking Cat 5 cable. Put four new ends on, two each end, all perfect T568A configurations, nada. Cut them off again, put two on as T568B, works perfectly. No logical explanation.

Oh man. Back in college I worked as a tech support guy for a while. One day I had to make a really long one to connect a computer to a switch in the basement. Nothing. Tried and tried just as I learned at TCI, the tech school. I quit, and went back to college. All because of that fuckn cat5. That made me give up on IT entirely.
"Wrong!"

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #2121 on: January 26, 2015, 04:46:02 PM »
did you have the wire configurations correct?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2122 on: January 26, 2015, 04:46:42 PM »
Oh man. Back in college I worked as a tech support guy for a while. One day I had to make a really long one to connect a computer to a switch in the basement. Nothing. Tried and tried just as I learned at TCI, the tech school. I quit, and went back to college. All because of that fuckn cat5. That made me give up on IT entirely.

How long was it? You can't exceed 100m for a Cat 5.

Normally it would take me about five minutes to make a cable, this took half an hour. The most annoying thing is that there's no logical explanation as to why it wouldn't work as T568A.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2123 on: January 26, 2015, 04:46:57 PM »
did you have the wire configurations correct?

Yep, perfect. Checked every time.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #2124 on: January 26, 2015, 04:52:00 PM »
i havent made a cat5 in forever, i just know i would always get the freaking striped and solids mixed all the time.

out of curiosity, why cat5 and not cat6?

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2125 on: January 26, 2015, 04:58:14 PM »

How long was it? You can't exceed 100m for a Cat 5.

Normally it would take me about five minutes to make a cable, this took half an hour. The most annoying thing is that there's no logical explanation as to why it wouldn't work as T568A.

It definitely wasn't that long. Some AV guy who was there for another job eventually had to do it. Colors matched up and everything. Still pisses me off thinking about it and that was 13 years ago.
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2126 on: January 26, 2015, 05:47:02 PM »
Why don't you just buy a new one?

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2127 on: January 26, 2015, 05:52:06 PM »

yeah, you prick
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2128 on: January 26, 2015, 07:40:57 PM »
i havent made a cat5 in forever, i just know i would always get the freaking striped and solids mixed all the time.

out of curiosity, why cat5 and not cat6?

Because I don't need Cat6 speeds, and I have Cat5e cable and ends lying around.

Because making them costs a tenth as much, and I don't have to go and get them or wait for them to come in. Also, this one is going from the living room to the basement through a small hole I've drilled in the floor so I wouldn't be able to fit a plug end through anyway.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2129 on: January 26, 2015, 09:07:02 PM »
nerds talking about nerdy derriere excrement in the annoyance thread
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about