Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 514015 times)

Ignatius J Reilly

Re: Annoyances
« Reply #1860 on: December 08, 2014, 12:30:12 AM »

just watch this

incredible

Yeah, I loved it.  I told MB a few days ago Miles Teller does an excellent job per usual playing Miles Teller.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1861 on: December 08, 2014, 12:31:13 AM »
Yeah, I loved it.  I told MB a few days ago Miles Teller does an excellent job per usual playing Miles Teller.

Miles Teller as Miles Teller is great in everything
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Hemi

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #1862 on: December 08, 2014, 03:09:47 AM »
Sinus headaches suck
Ryan Dungey #5 KTM
2015 AMA Supercross Champion
2015 AMA Motocross Champion

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1863 on: December 08, 2014, 11:03:45 AM »
...how much Adderall are you on right now?

At that point? Way too much. And it extended into the night so I had to smoke in the hopes it would counterbalance the effect and I'd go to sleep. It counterbalanced my lack of appetite. That was about it.

I am not in evidence class but I am sick as a dog trying to a put a final project together that's massive and it's late and I am getting docked 5% for every day it's late.....this sucks major derriere. Perfect timing to be sick.

Feel better Puck. Hope you did well on the project. I went through the same thing last year when I wrote a brief, I took the half a grade penalty because I knew the difference in 16 hours was going to be a excrement product as opposed to something that could still fetch me a B.

Christmas Cards are just so damn impersonal.  They're like an even less personal precursor to the narcissism of Facebook, which I've been guilty of in the past: "here's how awesome my family is.  If you're not us, feel bad about yourself!"  I actually considered it relatively harmless until I heard about a neighbor of mine growing up.  Her husband is well known and loved, so they get tons of Christmas cards every year.  Hundreds.  Their son suffered from mental illness and took his own life last year.  For her, the act of opening cards was too much and too painful.  There were absolutely no personal messages, which is normal, but not one "Sorry this must be tough", etc.  Again, not something anyone does.  It was all smiling Christmas card photos of happy families all together and they just reminded her of how broken hers is.  I'd imagine that happens to a lot of people.  They get those cards showing everything all merry and bright with no personalization and it's a reminder of how much worse off they are.

So yeah.  freak Christmas cards.  At least Facebook doesn't force itself into your mailbox.

That's terrible. People not having basic sense of empathy for others is why we can't have nice things. I use a photo of my dog, nobody wants to see me anyway, but point well taken.

I have an annoyance. Italian mothers. Overbearing creatures they are. Don't get me wrong I love my mom but I'm getting hitched and you would not believe how personally she's taking it that she had no say in the venue or anything (my parents aside from the rehearsal dinner aren't spending a dime.) Every little thing is a slight. It's a major pain in the derriere. My parents really needed to have a daughter to keep this heat off of me.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1864 on: December 08, 2014, 08:12:22 PM »
Almost made it through the whole day without hearing about John Lennon. Almost.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1865 on: December 09, 2014, 02:31:18 AM »
I don't get how he touched those who were born after he died. I used to see a bunch of people my age or younger mourn the guy on his anniversary. Yeah, he preached peace. So what? What exactly is so special about the guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1866 on: December 09, 2014, 07:05:12 AM »
I don't get how he touched those who were born after he died. I used to see a bunch of people my age or younger mourn the guy on his anniversary. Yeah, he preached peace. So what? What exactly is so special about the guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He held the unique stance of being pro-peace. /s
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 08:26:51 AM by Badger »

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #1867 on: December 09, 2014, 07:49:46 AM »
He held the unique stance of being pro-peace.

Yeah that puts him in the pantheon of pretty much everyone that's not a North Korean dictator, or any dictator for that matter, the upper echelon of the military industrial complex and the Bushes.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #1868 on: December 09, 2014, 09:41:11 AM »
Holy excrement Clint should be put on a pedestal like Lennon:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/clint-eastwood-against-iraq-war-104696067452.html
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #1869 on: December 09, 2014, 12:47:52 PM »

Holy excrement Clint should be put on a pedestal like Lennon:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/clint-eastwood-against-iraq-war-104696067452.html

I just finished watching that.  Good movie, but one of the worst endings I can think of for a good movie.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #1870 on: December 09, 2014, 12:50:51 PM »
I just finished watching that.  Good movie, but one of the worst endings I can think of for a good movie.

Did it end like it should have? Basically what happened to the guy in real life because it was freaking horrible.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #1871 on: December 09, 2014, 12:55:10 PM »

Did it end like it should have? Basically what happened to the guy in real life because it was freaking horrible.

It didn't show anything after he left the house, so it just ended abruptly and then there was a card telling what happened that day.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #1872 on: December 09, 2014, 12:56:27 PM »
It didn't show anything after he left the house, so it just ended abruptly and then there was a card telling what happened that day.

I guess there's no good way of telling that part of his story.

Last question:

Did they show him knocking out that poopchute, Jesse Ventura?

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #1873 on: December 09, 2014, 01:01:03 PM »

I guess there's no good way of telling that part of his story.

Last question:

Did they show him knocking out that poopchute, Jesse Ventura?

No.  That happened?

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #1874 on: December 09, 2014, 01:05:52 PM »
No.  That happened?

Yes, Jesse Ventura was making degrading remarks during a Seals funeral or wake, I can't remember which. It was pissing quite a few off and it was very disrespectful. So Chris Kyle walked up to him and knocked him the freak out.

The blow hard sued his widow I think:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2014/07/29/jesse-ventura-wins-1-8-million-in-damages-against-chris-kyle-slain-navy-seal-sniper/
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 01:09:56 PM by Miamipuck »