Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 513964 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #1785 on: November 21, 2014, 11:12:36 AM »
Annoyance: my family doesn't watch football on Thanksgiving.

blasphemy
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #1786 on: November 21, 2014, 11:15:32 AM »
Isn't that the truth. People have been trampled in the name of Black Friday, never will I be a party to that nonsense.

Apparently, it's common practice for companies to say you can not use personal time during the holidays. I know of several people where that's the case. The only thing is they're not required to work the actual holiday itself, so I guess that's ok. That said, there are no vacations at this time of the year and such.
Some guy who worked in Walmart got trampled to death because....wait for it....the savages busted the doors and the plexiglass out onto the guy and charged in the store at the Green Acres Mall in Valley Stream. And, this was like 4 or 5 years ago. Nothing was done, nothing has changed. It's only worse.
I cringe when I hear or see the word, door buster.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1787 on: November 21, 2014, 11:21:17 AM »
It would be funny if Walmart had a realistic screen image of a fully stocked store on their front window.  When the animals bust down the doors, they immediately find that it isn't a fully stocked store, but a giant, deep pit that they immediately fall into.  At the bottom of the pit a giant screen is setup up that plays constant video of people eating a plentiful Thanksgiving dinner with their families as they starve to death in the pit.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1788 on: November 21, 2014, 11:32:38 AM »
blasphemy

I'm not too broken up about missing 20 years of Lions games but football is football. I'd just leave it on with no sound.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1789 on: November 21, 2014, 11:33:51 AM »
It would be funny if Walmart had a realistic screen image of a fully stocked store on their front window.  When the animals bust down the doors, they immediately find that it isn't a fully stocked store, but a giant, deep pit that they immediately fall into.  At the bottom of the pit a giant screen is setup up that plays constant video of people eating a plentiful Thanksgiving dinner with their families as they starve to death in the pit.

They'd eventually eat each other until one is left. What do we do with the last one?

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #1790 on: November 21, 2014, 11:39:47 AM »
They'd eventually eat each other until one is left. What do we do with the last one?

Navy Seals
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1791 on: November 21, 2014, 11:42:09 AM »

Stop ruining my dream, poopchute.

Maybe the pit begins as a giant slide that sorts them into individual pits of dispair with individual tv feeds.  Like a big coin sorter for fat assholes.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #1792 on: November 21, 2014, 11:42:48 AM »

Maybe the pit begins as a giant slide that sorts them into individual pits of dispair with individual tv feeds.  Like a big coin sorter for fat assholes.

Applebees bitches.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1793 on: November 21, 2014, 11:53:43 AM »

It should also have a single exit that they can walk out of to leave any time they like, except that the exit has massive spinning blades on either side and only someone who is a normal size can fit between the blades on each side with getting sliced up. There will be buffet tables and fridges filled with lots of food, healthy and really unhealthy, as well as treadmills, exercise bikes and weights. If they adopt a healthy lifestyle they'll eventually get small enough to leave, but while they continue to be fat cunts they're stuck there.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1794 on: November 21, 2014, 12:03:34 PM »
It should also have a single exit that they can walk out of to leave any time they like, except that the exit has massive spinning blades on either side and only someone who is a normal size can fit between the blades on each side with getting sliced up. There will be buffet tables and fridges filled with lots of food, healthy and really unhealthy, as well as treadmills, exercise bikes and weights. If they adopt a healthy lifestyle they'll eventually get small enough to leave, but while they continue to be fat cunts they're stuck there.

I like where you are going with this.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1795 on: November 21, 2014, 12:28:27 PM »
I despise that stores are opening on Thanksgiving and while I certainly blame the executives who are deep into their post-turkey coma when their employees are reporting for work, I blame one entity more than all others: Amazon.

Amazon's ability to serve people deals with their dessert on Thanksgiving have forced brick-and-mortar stores to retaliate to capture the ever-decreasing overall holiday expenditure. It'll get worse too. Has anyone noticed how many online vendors have been running "Early Black Friday" deals all month? It's a bitter competition for every single dollar. Don't be surprised when in a year or two stores are open "Until 6AM on Thanksgiving so you can get a head start on your shopping!"

I'm kind of pissed off that my wife has to work Thanksgiving, but fortunately: 1) she now works from home and 2) in trade, her boss is giving her the first Christmas Eve off she's had in 7 years, so it's a lot more bearable.

Still, any non-essential personnel working on major holidays is bullshit.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #1796 on: November 21, 2014, 12:43:16 PM »
I despise that stores are opening on Thanksgiving and while I certainly blame the executives who are deep into their post-turkey coma when their employees are reporting for work, I blame one entity more than all others: Amazon.

Amazon's ability to serve people deals with their dessert on Thanksgiving have forced brick-and-mortar stores to retaliate to capture the ever-decreasing overall holiday expenditure. It'll get worse too. Has anyone noticed how many online vendors have been running "Early Black Friday" deals all month? It's a bitter competition for every single dollar. Don't be surprised when in a year or two stores are open "Until 6AM on Thanksgiving so you can get a head start on your shopping!"

I'm kind of pissed off that my wife has to work Thanksgiving, but fortunately: 1) she now works from home and 2) in trade, her boss is giving her the first Christmas Eve off she's had in 7 years, so it's a lot more bearable.

B&M stores don't have the ability to sell online as well?  The ones who open on Thanksgiving sure do.  Hell, you can run your doorbusters online and no one has to work or camp out.  Let people pick them up in store the next day.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1797 on: November 21, 2014, 01:56:29 PM »
B&M stores don't have the ability to sell online as well?  The ones who open on Thanksgiving sure do.  Hell, you can run your doorbusters online and no one has to work or camp out.  Let people pick them up in store the next day.

That's certainly a reasonable compromise.

BTW: Amazon is putting robots into use to handle their expected increased workload next week. Less jobs!
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Koz

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #1798 on: November 21, 2014, 01:58:24 PM »
Has anyone noticed how many online vendors have been running "Early Black Friday" deals all month? It's a bitter competition for every single dollar. Don't be surprised when in a year or two stores are open "Until 6AM on Thanksgiving so you can get a head start on your shopping!"

Bought a 64gb IPAD Air from BestBuy for $414 yesterday.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1799 on: November 21, 2014, 02:00:40 PM »
Bought a 64gb IPAD Air from BestBuy for $414 yesterday.

iCrap is for sheeple.