Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 514033 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #1740 on: November 21, 2014, 08:09:21 AM »
As you guys were leaving he game I actually caught Scots trying to free himself from the passenger compartment and secure himself to the roof rack.

Betweeen the Tongue and Drunk Guinness, I saw Scots take a sharp pencil and jab his ear drums in a sharp stabbing motion, muttering something about "losing all fooking earthly desire to hear any fooking thing ever again."

or words to that effect because that rat bastard is so difficult to understand.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #1741 on: November 21, 2014, 09:44:32 AM »

Betweeen the Tongue and Drunk Guinness, I saw Scots take a sharp pencil and jab his ear drums in a sharp stabbing motion, muttering something about "losing all fooking earthly desire to hear any fooking thing ever again."

or words to that effect because that rat bastard is so difficult to understand.

We should change his name to Eyedeazik.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #1742 on: November 21, 2014, 09:46:18 AM »
1) Stores telling employees they'll be fired if they don't work on Thanksgiving.

2) People who actually shop on Thanksgiving, especially those who are assholes to the employees.

3) Stupid petitions asking me to boycott stores that are going to be open on Thanksgiving.

Bitch I feel sorry for you, but I'll sure as freak be in Target the next day.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1743 on: November 21, 2014, 09:48:26 AM »
My Mom is still posting inspirational cat and coffee images all over facebook.  I'm going to block her and enjoy my trip to hell.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #1744 on: November 21, 2014, 09:51:00 AM »
My Mom is still posting inspirational cat and coffee images all over facebook.  I'm going to block her and enjoy my trip to hell.

Is this ok then?

<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #1745 on: November 21, 2014, 09:51:39 AM »
We should change his name to Eyedeazik.

Hahahah he actually thinks he pronounces it correctly.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1746 on: November 21, 2014, 09:51:39 AM »
^That bunny almost certainly died after that.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1747 on: November 21, 2014, 09:52:33 AM »
Sunday Ticket
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1748 on: November 21, 2014, 10:00:49 AM »

1) Stores telling employees they'll be fired if they don't work on Thanksgiving.

2) People who actually shop on Thanksgiving, especially those who are assholes to the employees.

3) Stupid petitions asking me to boycott stores that are going to be open on Thanksgiving.

Bitch I feel sorry for you, but I'll sure as freak be in Target the next day.

When did this become such a big deal anyway? Should cops also get the day off? How about security guards? Doormen? The gas and electric companies?

Sometimes you have to work on thanksgiving. It sucks, but why is it such a big deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Wrong!"

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1749 on: November 21, 2014, 10:04:31 AM »
Some people like being home with their families.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1750 on: November 21, 2014, 10:10:40 AM »
When did this become such a big deal anyway? Should cops also get the day off? How about security guards? Doormen? The gas and electric companies?

Sometimes you have to work on thanksgiving. It sucks, but why is it such a big deal?

I guess all the big retailers should have "Winter Holiday" fire sales on December 24 and 25 too. Sometimes you just have to work.

But seriously, all of the jobs you mentioned go with skeleton crews, they don't up demand for that day and force everyone to come in.

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #1751 on: November 21, 2014, 10:11:06 AM »
Hahahah he actually thinks he pronounces it correctly.

I speak the Queens language and the pronunciation is "Eyedzik".
I thought I explained all this to you Yanks:

you say either and i say either
you say neither and i say neither
either, either, neither, neither
let's call the whole thing off

you say tomato, i say tomato
you eat potato and i eat potato
tomato, tomato, potato, potato
let's call the whole thing off
...first prize a Cadillac Eldorado- second prize, a set of Steak Knives

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1752 on: November 21, 2014, 10:15:09 AM »
Force to come in? I'm pretty sure they know going into the job that they might be asked to work on thanksgiving. Never mind that the average age of retail employees is well under 30, so it's not like there are a lot of parents who can't be home with their children.

"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1753 on: November 21, 2014, 10:16:51 AM »
Force to come in? I'm pretty sure they know going into the job that they might be asked to work on thanksgiving. Never mind that the average age of retail employees is well under 30, so it's not like there are a lot of parents who can't be home with their children.

It's not like this was a time-honored staple of the job. It's bullshit that they've whipped up over the last decade.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #1754 on: November 21, 2014, 10:18:31 AM »

When did it become a big deal?  When stores started opening on Thanksgiving just one or two years ago.  It was a closed day nationwide up until that point.  There is no reason to be open that day.

I think emergency services and utility companies are slightly more necessary than an extra day of shopping.  A sale which takes place on Thursday could just as easily take place (and used to) the day before.  As for doormen, while I have always found it hilarious that people can't open their own doors for one day, they and residential security guards generally get gifts and tips when working on the holidays.  The same isn't true for retail employees.

It's a big deal because it is killing family traditions without any option to refuse.  You might be surprised since you've said in the past you and your family can't stand more than a day or two together, but a lot of people value holidays.