Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 513989 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #1590 on: October 22, 2014, 01:44:43 PM »
When I go into a store and its always 50% giants and 50% patriots apparel

So just start the fire in the middle.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1591 on: October 22, 2014, 01:53:23 PM »
When people slow to a stop to make a right turn. Whyyyy

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Chrebet86

• Eric Smith
Annoyances
« Reply #1592 on: October 22, 2014, 04:28:33 PM »
Rubberneckers, is someone elses misery really that important to you?

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1593 on: October 22, 2014, 05:48:25 PM »
I'm capable of maintaining a constant speed without cruise control, but the people who can't should use it more often. Like you said, it results in a lot of unnecessary overtaking loops.

I used to use cruise control as much as possible when I had my own car, but between that and the navigator I felt I was slipping into autopilot, which made me uncomfortable. Now I just use cruise control when I've got wide open highway.

The only time I use cruise is if I'm making an LA run.  Anyone who has made that trip can tell you, it's easy to fade out even when NOT using cruise control.  Seemingly straight road for the next 30 miles and 85 miles an hour, not the best idea.

I can't use cruise at all under normal circumstances, as has been mentioned, too many stupid people.

Chrebet86

• Eric Smith
« Reply #1594 on: October 22, 2014, 06:18:47 PM »
15 right? Yea, that was a whole lot of nothing.

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #1595 on: October 22, 2014, 06:36:22 PM »
I use my cruise control all the time, no matter what the speed is.  I have a couple of long, 25 mph roads on my way to work that are always cop heavy early in the morning, so I just roll down that those sumbitches at a smooth pace.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1596 on: October 22, 2014, 07:01:52 PM »
I use my cruise control all the time, no matter what the speed is.  I have a couple of long, 25 mph roads on my way to work that are always cop heavy early in the morning, so I just roll down that those sumbitches at a smooth pace.

That's because you're clearly someone who is capable of driving properly and anticipating the road ahead, giving you plenty of time to turn the cruise control off if need be, but in no need of constantly changing your speed up and down and up and down and up and down because you're never quite sure that you're doing it right in the first place.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #1597 on: October 22, 2014, 09:15:22 PM »

That's because you're clearly someone who is capable of driving properly and anticipating the road ahead, giving you plenty of time to turn the cruise control off if need be, but in no need of constantly changing your speed up and down and up and down and up and down because you're never quite sure that you're doing it right in the first place.

I'm with you 100%. It's such a simple thing to control that I'm surprised so many seem to be put off by using it on more than just highways.

Chrebet86

• Eric Smith
Annoyances
« Reply #1598 on: October 22, 2014, 10:15:26 PM »
I'm with you 100%. It's such a simple thing to control that I'm surprised so many seem to be put off by using it on more than just highways.

Where is your foot physically while you're "cruising" down these 25mph, presumably residential, roads?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1599 on: October 22, 2014, 10:45:33 PM »
Where is your foot physically while you're "cruising" down these 25mph, presumably residential, roads?

Sticking out of the window.

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #1600 on: October 23, 2014, 04:12:59 AM »

On the accelerator, just like it would be in any other situation except I'm not applying any force.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #1601 on: October 23, 2014, 08:16:03 AM »
This drives me freaking nuts:  People that have their right or left blinker on to move into the appropriate lane (this part is cool) and take a freaking year and a half to do it (this part is not). Move the freak over you assholes. Jesus I was behind some lady that took 30 seconds to move into the right lane which was clear. If you're that unsure don't freaking drive.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1602 on: October 23, 2014, 08:32:16 AM »
I don't drive much but when I did, I always hated that fuckn guy who would block me when trying to merge back into a lane. Granted I may be driving on the shoulder to get there, but what exactly is he doing? Why does he care?
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #1603 on: October 23, 2014, 08:52:49 AM »
I don't drive much but when I did, I always hated that fuckn guy who would block me when trying to merge back into a lane. Granted I may be driving on the shoulder to get there, but what exactly is he doing? Why does he care?

At a certain point you need to be honest with yourself and admit that you were/are a horrendously bad driver. Like, 20 year old girl texting and drinking coffee while driving bad.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #1604 on: October 23, 2014, 08:53:28 AM »
Also, one of my lifelong dreams is to make the guy trying to cut in late drive into a guardrail or those barrels.