Author Topic: Rec Sports  (Read 47359 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Rec Sports
« Reply #300 on: May 14, 2018, 08:54:17 AM »
I can only play 2B and I can occasionally get an infield hit or a bloop single.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #301 on: June 10, 2018, 08:26:22 PM »
So...first time since I joined the men’s league that I didn’t score a goal the entire season but we went 5-1-2 which I believe is our best season so I have to say I’m pretty damn happy right now. For years we had guys I didn’t trust enough to faithfully pass the ball to them (paging Tommy) but now we have a solid lineup, I’m playing stopper/def mid again, I had 2 assists tonight. Feels pretty freaking good. I’m one of the “old guys” on the team now and I don’t mind. I’ve been asked to go up and play forward or that “9” spot on the field and now I can just laugh. I feel at home in the back and now we have the kind of guys where I don’t have to do that.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 08:27:56 PM by guinness77 »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #302 on: July 15, 2018, 10:16:14 PM »
Got into my first good hockey fight in a while. In summary:

hoo-ha on the other team completely cheap shots my good friends 60+ year old dad in retaliation for a routine defensive play. Friend’s dad literally lifted his stick in front of our net, guy follows him all the way down the ice and then takes him out from behind as soon as the puck comes to him.

I get in this guy’s face and let him know how big of a hoo-ha he is. More than a few times. He comes at me and I give him a couple shoves in the chest. Couple other guys start pushing each other.

Eventually this guy puffs up his chest. And headbutts me helmet to helmet. I don’t even move, laugh hysterically right in his grill because it has no effect. He freaking headbutts me again. Nothing more than a tough guy move since we both have cages on.

One of teammates gets more involved once that happens, charges him and nails him into the boards. This guy locked up with my buddy and a ref, and at this point I see an opening, say freak it, I step around the group, wound up and threw a haymaker right under this guy’s chin. I’ve never swung this hard in a hockey fight, maybe my life. It was a cheap shot since I wasn’t squared up with him, but in my book once you start throwing headbutts around all bets are off. I connect cleanly, and this guy is knocked back a few feet. I’ll give him credit here, he gathered himself, took a few seconds, and came right back at me.

The sea of refs and players parted and we square up. He lands his first 2 shots right in my face, knocked my helmet off- I was a beat slow because I didn’t really think the guy would come after me or that the refs would let us go at it- they break up not fights immediately. But those little bitch punches were his fatal flaw, now he was right in my killzone. I reach out with both arms, grab his helmet and rip it off, and snapped him up in a bear hug. I move my grip to his neck, close him off in a headlock, and threw him down to the ice with that basic hip/leg sweep. 

That was all she wrote. I had him pinned, from a side mount, and in a headlock. He had one free hand and basically tried to remove my face for the remaining 15-20 seconds that it took them to break it up. I now have a bruise from this cocksuckers finger just under my eye socket. Felt like I was more than justified grinding the back of this guy’s skull into the ice while he was trying to gouge my eye out.

I also may have done more damage to my own hand/wrist than that guy’s face. It’s pretty fucked up right now. Man, that was invigorating. Men’s league hockey is missing that thrill of lining someone up and hitting them into next week, so the occasional scrap really makes you feel alive.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 10:18:55 PM by SixFeetDeep »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #303 on: July 16, 2018, 06:06:34 AM »

hoo-ha on the other team completely cheap shots my good friends 60+ year old dad in retaliation for a routine defensive play. Friend’s dad literally lifted his stick in front of our net, guy follows him all the way down the ice and then takes him out from behind as soon as the puck comes to him.

I get in this guy’s face and let him know how big of a hoo-ha he is. More than a few times. He comes at me and I give him a couple shoves in the chest. Couple other guys start pushing each other.

Eventually this guy puffs up his chest. And headbutts me helmet to helmet. I don’t even move, laugh hysterically right in his grill because it has no effect. He freaking headbutts me again. Nothing more than a tough guy move since we both have cages on.

One of teammates gets more involved once that happens, charges him and nails him into the boards. This guy locked up with my buddy and a ref, and at this point I see an opening, say freak it, I step around the group, wound up and threw a haymaker right under this guy’s chin. I’ve never swung this hard in a hockey fight, maybe my life. It was a cheap shot since I wasn’t squared up with him, but in my book once you start throwing headbutts around all bets are off. I connect cleanly, and this guy is knocked back a few feet. I’ll give him credit here, he gathered himself, took a few seconds, and came right back at me.

The sea of refs and players parted and we square up. He lands his first 2 shots right in my face, knocked my helmet off- I was a beat slow because I didn’t really think the guy would come after me or that the refs would let us go at it- they break up not fights immediately. But those little bitch punches were his fatal flaw, now he was right in my killzone. I reach out with both arms, grab his helmet and rip it off, and snapped him up in a bear hug. I move my grip to his neck, close him off in a headlock, and threw him down to the ice with that basic hip/leg sweep. 

That was all she wrote. I had him pinned, from a side mount, and in a headlock. He had one free hand and basically tried to remove my face for the remaining 15-20 seconds that it took them to break it up. I now have a bruise from this cocksuckers finger just under my eye socket. Felt like I was more than justified grinding the back of this guy’s skull into the ice while he was trying to gouge my eye out.

I also may have done more damage to my own hand/wrist than that guy’s face. It’s pretty fucked up right now. Man, that was invigorating. Men’s league hockey is missing that thrill of lining someone up and hitting them into next week, so the occasional scrap really makes you feel alive.

The real SFD would’ve sonic blasted the glass nearby, causing broken glass to rain down on this clown...shredding him like mozza cheese.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #304 on: July 16, 2018, 11:08:02 AM »
2 game suspension

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #305 on: July 16, 2018, 11:22:57 AM »
2 game suspension

Appeal due to racism.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #306 on: July 16, 2018, 12:40:33 PM »

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #307 on: July 16, 2018, 12:41:44 PM »
i was asked to leave at the end of last year after i threw a bat onto the field after a cheap bean, but i can rejoin next year.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #308 on: July 27, 2018, 07:14:50 PM »
First dinger first dinger of the season. Best feeling in the world bar none

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #309 on: August 02, 2018, 10:33:19 PM »

Awesome
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #310 on: August 09, 2018, 09:07:40 PM »
Softball playoffs. Beat our opponent in the first round of the playoffs 2 games to 1. Lost game 1 of the championship series 12-11. Came into today neededing to win game 2 continue and game 3 to win the ship. Won the first game 14-13 on a 3 run walkoff HR and then won game 2 14-3. My 3rd championship managing this team and I’m probably hanging it up after this upcoming fall ball season. This one was awesome, it was against our biggest rival who all talk a ton of excrement. The walkoff crushed their spirits and watching them go completely silent and roll over like dogs in the 2nd game was the sweetest revenge.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 09:09:20 PM by SixFeetDeep »

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #311 on: August 10, 2018, 08:19:58 AM »
Softball playoffs. Beat our opponent in the first round of the playoffs 2 games to 1. Lost game 1 of the championship series 12-11. Came into today neededing to win game 2 continue and game 3 to win the ship. Won the first game 14-13 on a 3 run walkoff HR and then won game 2 14-3. My 3rd championship managing this team and I’m probably hanging it up after this upcoming fall ball season. This one was awesome, it was against our biggest rival who all talk a ton of excrement. The walkoff crushed their spirits and watching them go completely silent and roll over like dogs in the 2nd game was the sweetest revenge.

That's awesome. Congrats!
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #312 on: September 05, 2018, 09:01:01 PM »
Opening day of Fall ball. Got mercied in both games of a doubleheader. Championship hangover? Was on the way to first game of hockey season and got caugh in insane construction traffic. Good ol CT. Got off the first exit possible for steak and beer. 2nd period will have to do

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #313 on: October 27, 2018, 09:05:09 AM »
Signed up for a flag football tournament for today.

Only two teams in this thing, so how is it a tournament?

The dude that’s running it is still trying to get us to pay a $100 entry fee.

Maybe when 4 more teams show up.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #314 on: October 27, 2018, 09:18:26 AM »
Signed up for a flag football tournament for today.

Only two teams in this thing, so how is it a tournament?

The dude that’s running it is still trying to get us to pay a $100 entry fee.

Maybe when 4 more teams show up.
The XFL vultured the other 4 teams
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"