Author Topic: Seattle signs.... Jeff Ireland ?  (Read 2772 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Seattle signs.... Jeff Ireland ?
« on: April 26, 2014, 01:28:18 PM »
Seahawks hired former Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland as an NFL draft consultant.
The Seahawks will discuss a permanent role with Ireland after the draft. Ireland's draft record with the Dolphins was far from stellar, but he will offer another experienced voice in the Seahawks war room.

Wat ?

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football

I guess they need someone to find out what players moms are prostitutes 

In addition to how terrible he was all around in Miami, their draft record has been freaking HORRENDOUS under him

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia/draft.htm

I mean they had a decentish draft in 09 getting Hartline, Davis and Smith. But other than that theyve had some of the lesser successes in the draft in the league.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 01:32:15 PM by dcm1602 »

klaximilian

Re: Seattle signs.... Jeff Ireland ?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 02:27:07 PM »
Franchise on the decline  ???

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 03:59:07 PM »
That's a bit of a head scratcher.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 04:30:50 PM »
That's a bit of a head scratcher.

Getting Jeffrey Dahmer to run a soup kitchen would be a head scratcher, this is mind blowing.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 09:57:29 AM »
He had almost a full season of scouting this year's draft. the team did anyways.

Helps to have another set of eyes.

Although probably anyone Ireland likes automatically gets crossed off the list.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 12:16:04 PM »
He had almost a full season of scouting this year's draft. the team did anyways.

Helps to have another set of eyes.

Although probably anyone Ireland likes automatically gets crossed off the list.

I had a buddy that recommended three stocks, they all went down. I walked up to him while he was on the phone and stood there as he was wrapping up the call. I had a pen and a note pad in hand, which I never usually do. He hangs up and I ask him what stocks does he like now. He lists a couple and then stops and thinks,"what the freak is Stan here for?". He asks me, "why do you want my stock picks". I tell him I needed a few shorts for my portfolio. He got pissed and started cursing, I am going to get you back yada yada yada. To this day we still laugh over this.

That's Jeff Ireland this draft, Seattle needs a short in their portfolio.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 11:14:38 PM »
I don't understand that story.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 11:25:32 PM »

Shorting a stock is essentially making money from betting that the price of that stock will fall. Puck or Tommy can probably explain the actual mechanics of it better than me, but Puck was asking a colleague for stock tips and when the colleague asked why, Puck was saying that they were guaranteed to tank.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 08:56:23 AM »

Shorting a stock is essentially making money from betting that the price of that stock will fall. Puck or Tommy can probably explain the actual mechanics of it better than me, but Puck was asking a colleague for stock tips and when the colleague asked why, Puck was saying that they were guaranteed to tank.

JE gave a pretty good description. Shorting is essentially betting the don't pass line in Craps.

Shorting Stocks 101:  To short a stock, you have to borrow it from someone else because you do not own it. Heck you don't want to own it as you think it's going down......

You are shorting 1 share of apple as an example, no transaction costs:

You borrow 1 share of Apple stock at $550 a share. You immediately sell that share in the open mkt for $550. Your account gets credited $550 dollars. Just as you expect Apple tanks to $300 a share. You buy the 1 share back in the open market because you borrowed it from someone else. You then give that one share back to the entity you borrowed it from and pocket the difference. $550-$300 you make $250.

Of course in the real world there are transaction and margin costs but that is the gist of it.

Tags: seahawks dolphins