Author Topic: Defensive line  (Read 38166 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Defensive line
« on: October 09, 2013, 09:09:41 AM »
Since this is the most talented group on the team and heart of the defense, I have a observation/question to get a discussion going:

I have been reading all over the place that Ellis has moved ahead of Snacks on the depth chart and/or is playing better than him. Short of 2 plays Monday night (the goal line stand and a run stuff) I have not seen any evidence of that. Is Ellis still behind Snacks on the depth chart? Am I missing something.

I will say this, Ellis appears to be getting healthier pending his back problems stemming from training camp weight room mishap.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 02:11:36 PM by Badger »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: Jets defensive Line.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 09:11:41 AM »
Since this is the most talented group on the team and heart of the defense, I have a observation/question to get a discussion going:

I have been reading all over the place that Ellis has moved ahead of Snacks on the depth chart and/or is playing better than him. Short of 2 plays Monday night (the goal line stand and a run stuff) I have not seen any evidence of that. Is Ellis still behind Snacks on the depth chart? Am I missing something.

I will say this, Ellis appears to be getting healthier pending his back problems stemming from training camp weight room mishap.

Where did you read this? 

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 09:13:28 AM »
Ellis is still getting extremely limited snaps but has been balling when out there. I'm guessing he's still suffering some lingering effects from his back injury and they're playing it safe since Snacks is producing.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 09:17:35 AM »
Ellis looked like Big Jenks running over the Falcons RG a few times on Monday.  Dude's a beast.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 09:17:49 AM »

Where did you read this? 

Several of the other forums and a blog. I thought my eyes were deceiving me. I would quote them but it's not like they are any people known to us. I have just seen it written enough that I wanted to ask the question because I have not seen evidence of it.

I found one here, give me sometime to figure out where I saw the others, this one below reminded me to ask the quesion, again because I think Harrison is still playing well and ahead on the depth chart:

I think if you can come out of each draft with one 'star', 2 servicable starters and a couple developmental players you have done a good job.

I know it's early, but Mo, Sheldon, and Davis (possibly Q, not enough time to tell) fir the bill for the first category, Geno, Kerley, Bohanon, Hill, Ellis & Allen fit for servicable, and there are guys like Winters and Snacks that I think will really pan out well (Sancks good enough to start on most teams, but has Ellis playing even better in front of him). I think we need Winters to improve, since he is promoted as having a nasty streak, which is what you need in the trenches (Colon is filling that role now, Faneca sis in the past).

In summary, I think we've done pretty well. I always liked Tanny, but Tebow + Sporano + Sanchez contract structure + Holmes contract + 8-8 + 6-10 = goodbye Mike T. Someone had to take the fall, and Woody loves him some Rex (as do I).
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 09:19:21 AM »
Why would you go to any other site besides JO?

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 09:21:02 AM »
Why would you go to any other site besides JO?

Bored at work and just wanted to read Jets related stuff.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
Re: Jets defensive line
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 09:32:57 AM »
Sheldon Richardson is best rated rookie according to PFF. That's a nice bonus to have.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 09:44:49 AM »
Bored at work and just wanted to read Jets related stuff.

Ban this man!

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 09:50:52 AM »
I think Ellis has the higher ceiling and he'll eventually be "ahead" on the depth chart. That said, I'd think it was all semantics. You have one nose in the 3-4, so someone has to be the "one", but that doesn't make much difference if Rex is dialing up those weird formations. Hell, you could argue that against Atlanta Wilkerson was our #1 NT.

I like Snacks, and I think he's definitely going to play a role on this team, but Ellis is going to be sick with Mo and Richardson. Actually, thinking about it, isn't the only guy who's technically a lineman who won't line up at tackle, Coples?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 09:52:29 AM »
It would be fun to see Snack and Ellis out there at the same time just for shits and giggles.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 10:11:20 AM »
Load up the line with Mo, Snacks, Ellis, Richardson, and Coples. Then just put Harris and Davis behind them and let them loose. On Brady.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 10:13:03 AM »
Load up the line with Mo, Snacks, Ellis, Richardson, and Coples. Then just put Harris and Davis behind them and let them loose. On Brady.

Cram all 5 on the line between the guards and release the beasts up the middle

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2013, 10:21:48 AM »
Wilkerson is getting comparisons to Richard Seymour.

Snacks and Ellis are both starters in this league, and that is some insane depth to have at NT in the NFL.

Coples, I think, isn't 100%. After the bye week I expect him to be Coples.

Richardson is like a 3rd year veteran already.

Douzable cannot be forgotten. He's been doing well as a sub for some of these guys. Let's give him credit. He's earned it.

Idzik is rebuilding this team from the inside out. Its how all good teams are built - inside out and down the middle.

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013, 11:38:49 AM »
The BGA this week said that between Snacks and Kenrick we are getting the best NT play in the NFL.

Ellis plays limited snaps but always makes an impact when playing.