Author Topic: Cable provider options  (Read 5408 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Cable provider options
« on: March 10, 2014, 09:29:39 AM »
So Directv comes out to my new house Saturday to switch my service over from the old house and after a bit says they can't install because there's a big tree in the LOS of the satellite, they can't get the clearance angle blah blah blah and it won't get a signal. which means no Sunday ticket. which means freak my life.

So it looks live we've got it narrowed down to the 2 options, Comcast and AT&T Uverse.  Anyone have any reviews?

I don't use cable for that much, about 90% for yankees/jets games. I'm all set with YES for yankees games, but does anyone know about how many jets games aren't on CBS (tri-state area) or nationally broadcasted in a given season? I haven't had to worry about this for a few years.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 09:31:21 AM by SixFeetDeep »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Cable provider options
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 09:33:42 AM »
I'm sorry for your loss.

Sunday Ticket is family in the MB household.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 09:36:32 AM »
I'm sorry for your loss.

Sunday Ticket is family in the MB household.

If I hook up my old receiver I might be able to watch the DVRs of some of the Jets wins from last year.  RIP

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 09:37:26 AM »
If I hook up my old receiver I might be able to watch the DVRs of some of the Jets wins from last year.  RIP

that's a past you don't want to live in.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 09:40:41 AM »
that's a past you don't want to live in.

more appealing than livin in the present and watching blue jays games

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 09:41:50 AM »
I have Comcast, and they're customer service is meh, their customer service is like talking to a customer service manual, as their reps just read passages from the manual to you. I have heard the same for Uverse. It comes down to how much do you really require out of their service.

Uverse will give you deals if you already use AT&T for cell service so they're better for package deals, with internet.cable and cell service.

Comcast has decent/fast internet and their content on demand is way better from what I understand then Uverse. So you have an order of magnitude more shows/movies, not an exaggeration, with Xfinity (Comcast's service) then with AT&T.

So it really comes down to what is important to you, bundling your services or the extra On Demand. I honestly don't think you will have any discernible difference with regards to Jets games as both will probably be tied into the same network feeds. I could be wrong in that respect.

BTW GFY.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 09:43:45 AM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 09:43:01 AM »
I have Comcast, and they're service is meh. I have heard the same for Uverse. It comes down to how much do you really require out of their service.

Uverse will give you deals if you already use AT&T for cell service so they're better for package deals, with internet.cable and cell service.

Comcast has decent/fast internet and their content on demand is way better from what I understand then Uverse. So you have an order of magnitude more shows/movies, not an exaggeration, with Xfinity (Comcast's service) then with AT&T.

So it really comes down to what is important to you, bundling your services or the extra On Demand. I honestly don't think you will have any discernible difference with regards to Jets games as both will probably be tied into the same netwqork feeds. I could be wrong in that respect.

BTW GFY.

thanks for the solid advice, don't GFY for today

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 09:44:31 AM »
more appealing than livin in the present and watching blue jays games

that one cut deep.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 09:44:48 AM »
thanks for the solid advice, don't GFY for today

Hahahah good luck, cable decisions are a pain in the rear.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 09:46:44 AM »
Hahahah good luck, cable decisions are a pain in the rear.

well your post made me remember that I already have comcast for internet. Does ATT do a TV only package?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 09:49:41 AM »
well your post made me remember that I already have comcast for internet. Does ATT do a TV only package?

Honestly, I do not know. I have AT&T for cell service and Comcast for cable/internet. All the Uverse mailings go immediately to the round file and I get 2-3 a week, I just never read them.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 09:53:06 AM »

Being that you're a new customer, call them up and negotiate the best package. They want your business, see how badly. They will offer you all sorts of teaser deals for 6 months to 2 years in length. You will be able to get specials, I am 100% certain of that.

Bust the sales people's balls and use one against the other. I am 100% serious, tell Comcast AT&T is offering X and vice versa, you will get great deals. The sales people will offer whatever they can to get you as a new customer. Be the whore that you are, make us proud.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 09:54:14 AM »
they're customer service is meh, their customer service is like talking to a customer service manual

How did you do that in such a short space?  It's almost impressive.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 09:59:04 AM »
How did you do that in such a short space?  It's almost impressive.

Oh I typed that from a tablet. I have huge problems with the word predictor and/or swype/swerve whatever the freak they call it.  I can assure you I know the different uses of They're/Their/There. I have difficulty editing, I am at the hospital for a few hours and for some reason their network makes editing a pain in the derriere.

Honestly because of the Swype features half the time I just think my thoughts are inputted correctly and I hit post without looking.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 10:01:04 AM by Miamipuck »

Tags: