Author Topic: Antonio Cromartie released  (Read 20364 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Antonio Cromartie released
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2014, 09:30:13 AM »
Both he and Revis have talked excrement about the Patriots/Brady/Belichick explicitly with the media. I think I remember classless and disrespectful being thrown around a fair amount.

I remember Belichick knocked Revis too saying we did things with our safeties to help him or something and that he maybe wasn't that good

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2014, 10:35:54 AM »
Imagine if we could get Revis AND Cromartie back?  Would you do it if their combined salary was $16M per year?

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2014, 10:36:30 AM »
Imagine if we could get Revis AND Cromartie back?  Would you do it if their combined salary was $16M per year?

A little too expensive.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2014, 10:38:00 AM »

And we would be hampering the development of our very promising 2nd year CB. We need one of the two (or Rodgers-Cromartie, whatever), not both

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2014, 10:38:47 AM »
A little too expensive.

Revis isn't taking less than 10, and Cro is still worth 6.  We could frontload their contracts seeing as we have money to burn this year.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2014, 10:40:18 AM »
Revis isn't taking less than 10, and Cro is still worth 6.  We could frontload their contracts seeing as we have money to burn this year.

I thought you meant something like 12M/Revis and 4M/Cro.

I don't think Cro is going to get 6M per.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2014, 10:40:30 AM »
And we would be hampering the development of our very promising 2nd year CB. We need one of the two (or Rodgers-Cromartie, whatever), not both

I don't see how we would be hampering him at all.  If anything, Wilson would see less snaps.  No reason Cro couldn't play some FS as well.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2014, 10:49:11 AM »

I can't see Revis taking less than $13M (maaaybe $12M) and Cromartie is still on the books for ~$5M in dead money so even if we brought him back at the minimum (unlikely) we couldn't have both for $16M.

If it was actually possible? Sure.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2014, 10:51:19 AM »
I don't see how we need both unless they don't think Milliner can play, which I doubt.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2014, 10:55:37 AM »
I've already said elsewhere my ideal would be Revis opposite Milliner and Cromartie with Allen at the safety position, so my answer is an emphatic Yes!
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2014, 11:00:18 AM »
I don't see how we would be hampering him at all.  If anything, Wilson would see less snaps.  No reason Cro couldn't play some FS as well.

Bringing back Cro AND Revis makes zero sense unless Cro is moving to safety.

Because we'd either freak Milliner by putting him in the slot,  or put Cro in the slot which makes zero sense.

Cro is the man, but it just doesn't make sense
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 11:02:35 AM by dcm1602 »

klaximilian

« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2014, 11:01:07 AM »
I've already said elsewhere my ideal would be Revis opposite Milliner and Cromartie with Allen at the safety position, so my answer is an emphatic Yes!

Plus Wilson in the slot.

Droooooll.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2014, 11:06:52 AM »
Plus Wilson in the slot.

Droooooll.

Along with the line we have. Wow.

If they also somehow added a good pass-rushing LB (or Coples develops into a beast) that defense would be Super Bowl worthy immediately.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2014, 01:23:09 PM »
I can't see Revis taking less than $13M (maaaybe $12M) and Cromartie is still on the books for ~$5M in dead money so even if we brought him back at the minimum (unlikely) we couldn't have both for $16M.

If it was actually possible? Sure.

Revis isn't getting 13M after Verner signed for 7M.  Dead money is dead money.  It should not factor into the equation in my opinion.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2014, 01:23:54 PM »
Revis isn't getting 13M after Verner signed for 7M.  Dead money is dead money.  It should not factor into the equation in my opinion.

Alterraun Verner is a second-to-third tier cornerback in the NFL. 

Talib is getting close to $10M.  Revis is still arguably the best corner in the NFL.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tags: jets cromartie