Author Topic: Who you DON'T want for the Jets 2024  (Read 323 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Who you DON'T want for the Jets 2024
« on: April 18, 2024, 09:23:36 AM »
For the Jets, not other teams:

1.  Players you don't want the Jets to take at 10.  Not just meh picks, but players (who could reasonably be taken at 10) that you'd be upset at the Jets taking at 10.

2.  Players you don't want at certain rounds/areas of the draft.  Example:  I don't want player X to be taken in the 2nd or 3rd round, but I'd be fine with him in the 4th or 5th.  Maybe a player that you don't want at 10, but would be fine with if we traded back several spots.

3.  Players you don't want the Jets to take at all.  Locker room cancer, lazy, etc.  "Off your board" guys.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 09:46:05 AM by bojanglesman »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Who you DON'T want 2024
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2024, 09:32:56 AM »
Brock Bowers - don't want at 10, but would be fine trading back a few spots to take him. Not enamoured with taking a TE in the top 10 due to positional value, but i may soften my stance on this due to the recent rule changes from the NFL. 

Adonai Mitchell - type 1 diabetic players are an instant medical red flag.  I know too much about the disease in that if i were an owner/GM, i wouldn't invest big dollars into a diabetic. He's an electric player, but off my board still. Plus, there's rumors going around that he doesn't take very good care of himself in regards to the disease.  I don't know if that's true, but i'm certainly not taking the risk anyway.

Dallas Turner - theoretically, we could use another edge because of how Saleh deploys his pass rush (rotation), but i would be nauseous if we burned another 1st rounder on defense...especially with the years of neglect our offense has endured.

Jared Verse - see Dallas Turner

Cooper DeJean - same reasons as Turner...need offense.  Nice player though.

JJ McCarthy - i think he's big time overrated.  Someone will get fired if their team trades up for him.

Bo Nix - [insert sir Meryn Trant Too Old meme here] I wasn't going to mention him, but then i remembered Hackett was at his Pro Day.  I really hope it was to watch Troy Franklin...but with this franchise, preparing for the worst is always best practice.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 09:39:36 AM by MBGreen »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: Who you DON'T want for the Jets 2024
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2024, 09:50:21 AM »
1.  I don't want any defensive player at 10.  I really don't think there's any chance of that but.....Jets.

2.  Latham/Mims/Guyton.  Don't want at 10, but would be fine mid-late 1st round in a trade back.

3.  They aren't taking a QB in the 1st round, so that eliminates a few of these.  T'Vondre Sweat might be as close as I can get to this.  How dumb do you have to be to get a DWI a few weeks right before the draft.  I mean, if he's there in the 4th, why not, but if you can't stay home for a few weeks so you don't cost yourself a few million bucks, how hard is that?  How long before he does something else stupid that becomes a distraction?  Yeah, he could wake up after doing something this stupid I guess.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 09:57:12 AM by bojanglesman »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2024, 09:54:35 AM »

3.   They aren't taking a QB in the 1st round, so that eliminates a few of these.

I learned last draft that nothing is impossible.  Nobody expected us to take an EDGE in the first round after taking Johnson the year before, but it still happened.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2024, 09:58:40 AM »
I learned last draft that nothing is impossible.  Nobody expected us to take an EDGE in the first round after taking Johnson the year before, but it still happened.
There's surprises and there's gatdayums.  A QB in the first would be the latter.  WMD was the former.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2024, 10:01:16 AM »
There's surprises and there's gatdayums.  A QB in the first would be the latter.  WMD was the former.

this is why i get severely liquored up every year on night 1 of the draft.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2024, 10:16:20 AM »
Spencer Rattler
Michael Penix
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2024, 10:22:28 AM »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2024, 10:30:19 AM »
Spencer Rattler

When we draft Rattler...they should put a video together of him coming out of Joe Douglas's gut like in Alien.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2024, 10:38:06 AM »
When we draft Rattler...they should put a video together of him coming out of Joe Douglas's gut like in Alien.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2024, 10:42:55 AM »

Rattler2Bowers

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2024, 10:43:51 AM »

Rattler2Bowers

He looks like Paul Bettany's character from The Davinci Code if he got a spray tan.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2024, 08:55:01 PM »
Defense
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2024, 07:27:30 AM »
I think I'm going to put Bowers in this category at 10.  Not because of him but because I don't think this offensive coaching staff can use him properly.  Much like several other first rounders we've taken in the past 15 years, Bowers will have a different career trajectory if he's taken by a team with a creative coaching staff vs a team with a vanilla one. Oddly enough, it will likely be better for his career the later he goes in the draft because he will go to a better team that will make him look good.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2024, 08:45:52 AM »
I think I'm going to put Bowers in this category at 10.  Not because of him but because I don't think this offensive coaching staff can use him properly.  Much like several other first rounders we've taken in the past 15 years, Bowers will have a different career trajectory if he's taken by a team with a creative coaching staff vs a team with a vanilla one. Oddly enough, it will likely be better for his career the later he goes in the draft because he will go to a better team that will make him look good.

What happened to:  "Aaron Rodgers will fix everything!"

Tags: