Author Topic: Jets Big Board 2024  (Read 2100 times)

Cane

• Chad Pennington
Re: Jets Big Board 2024
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2024, 05:56:10 AM »
Our DL coach has run multiple pro days, most notably Clemson and Western Michigan.  Orhorhoro and Kneeland are two potential JFM replacements. 

I think we're looking for rookie contracts on the defensive line because of Q's deal and JJ's impending deal.
The other Clemson IDL Tyler Davis also fits the need as a big body with about the right value. Really good player, just a lower ceiling than Orhorororororo.

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2024, 04:33:39 PM »
Assuming we take OL at 10, who are some WR's that could be available in the 3rd rd?

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2024, 04:40:02 PM »
Assuming we take OL at 10, who are some WR's that could be available in the 3rd rd?

in no order

Roman Wilson
Malachi Corley
Tez Walker
Javon Baker
Jermaine Burton
Ainias Smith
Jamari Thrash
Malik Washington

Moving into the second for someone that slides a bit might be in play. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2024, 04:45:45 PM »
This draft has two elite wideout prospects and a handful of wideout prospects that can be bonafide #1 WRs over time.

We have one of those already, but it'd be nice to have another.  Whether it's at 10 or in a trade back. 

If we wait around to #72, we'll probably miss out.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2024, 05:09:38 PM »
in no order

Roman Wilson
Malachi Corley
Tez Walker
Javon Baker
Jermaine Burton
Ainias Smith
Jamari Thrash
Malik Washington

Moving into the second for someone that slides a bit might be in play. 

Of this group, who has the highest ceiling and highest floor?

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2024, 07:01:25 PM »
This draft has two elite wideout prospects and a handful of wideout prospects that can be bonafide #1 WRs over time.

We have one of those already, but it'd be nice to have another.  Whether it's at 10 or in a trade back. 

If we wait around to #72, we'll probably miss out.

This is why I want to go get Marv or Nabers. Get an elite weapon from day one. Create a passing game you simply cannot cover from the first day of camp. Trust the defense to get you the ball early and often. I don’t want to wait for a weapon to figure it out, I want a guy to already be ready to dominate and then just let Mike Williams stretch the field for all involved.

Make an elite passing attack. freak the picks Joe.
Need a new one for a new board...

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2024, 09:17:53 PM »
This is why I want to go get Marv or Nabers. Get an elite weapon from day one. Create a passing game you simply cannot cover from the first day of camp. Trust the defense to get you the ball early and often. I don’t want to wait for a weapon to figure it out, I want a guy to already be ready to dominate and then just let Mike Williams stretch the field for all involved.

Make an elite passing attack. freak the picks Joe.
I think Odunze is perfectly fine. But I would be willing to give up a pick to move up to secure any of those guys.

If we want to raise the ceiling, an elite weapon will do that. Wilson and Harrison/Nabers/Odunze gives us one of the best WR duos in the NFL right away. And if you want to build an infrastructure for Rodgers' eventual replacement, having 2 stud WRs is a great way to do it.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2024, 05:32:53 AM »
I think Odunze is perfectly fine. But I would be willing to give up a pick to move up to secure any of those guys.

If we want to raise the ceiling, an elite weapon will do that. Wilson and Harrison/Nabers/Odunze gives us one of the best WR duos in the NFL right away. And if you want to build an infrastructure for Rodgers' eventual replacement, having 2 stud WRs is a great way to do it.

Especially given the price of WRs. The best plan is to draft them high and hit right now. And when you have two elite prospects that everyone expects to hit the ground running AND be exceptional from the start, given how “close” we are to getting one because of the 4 QBs ready to go early, you just go freaking get one.

Go get Harbaughs pic and get MHJ as soon as the Vikings solidify the trade to 4. I don’t care if that’s tomorrow or draft night. Once that’s done, bring in a depth OL like Andrus Peat and draft a guy like Patrick Paul or Christian Jones at 111 (assuming you need to give 72 to LAC) and we are cooking with gas. Another developmental OL, an elite WR and a depth guy who can play numerous spots on the line to fill in if we get an injury. With our second 4th rounder we will have options for another RB, a safety, grabbing a corner or even a QB but I don’t think Pratt will be there at that point. 

For the first time since 2010, it’s time to win right now. But even more so we don’t have the infrastructure to have a big window, so it’s time to sacrifice assets of tomorrow to win today. 98/100 times it’s a terrible idea. Today is one of those very rare times that it is worth it. Go get the best of the best. When we are watching Marv torch defenses for the next decade no one will care what we gave up. No one in Atlanta cares what they paid for Julio.

Go get the star
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 06:03:10 AM by Libero_2 »
Need a new one for a new board...

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2024, 12:22:57 PM »
There was a little odds shift in the last day where the Jets are now favored to go OL with their first pick.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2024, 01:35:41 PM »
AD Mitchell is off my board....he's type 1 diabetic.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2024, 07:09:13 AM »
one moar week
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2024, 07:39:12 AM »
one moar week

Simple Brock coming atcha

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2024, 09:19:15 AM »
Brian Costello
@BrianCoz
Douglas: "I would love to be a quarterback factory like [the Packers in the 90s]."

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2024, 09:40:38 AM »

Worst attempt at a smokescreen by a GM ever.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2024, 09:42:05 AM »
Worst attempt at a smokescreen by a GM ever.

Unless he's talking about being a backup QB factory and taking one in the 4th round.

Tags: