Author Topic: Rock Bowers  (Read 3177 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Rock Bowers
« Reply #165 on: April 24, 2024, 12:50:46 PM »
I don't disagree with any of you, but even if #10 is our new starting RT then you still have a big player riding pine while neglecting the opportunity to get yourself an elite offensive weapon. You don't have to explain to me that the chances of Smith making it through the season unhurt are worryingly low, but the question you have to answer is whether you want to build for the long term or swing for the fences this year while Rodgers is clinging onto the last vestiges of his physical and mental health. If you want to take a swing then that means you have to take the chance of striking out.

For me the preference is:

1: Elite WR at 10, OL in the 3rd
2. Trade down a few to get a second round pick, take the best OL/pass catcher (including Bowers) available in the first, add a couple of the other in the second and third to increase your chances of finding a good one
3. Versatile OL at #10 (the IOL scares me and I want another lineman who can play inside if Tipp or AVT go down again), WR in the third
4. Trade up from 10 for a WR using next year's picks, worry about OL later
A cross-dressing limey poofter

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #166 on: April 24, 2024, 12:56:00 PM »
I'm convinced that if we take Bowers, I am going to Florham Park on Friday with a pitchfork and torch

I am right here

Conklin can actually catch. Ruckert was not tested in the pass game. Ruckert is an amazing blocker. Give them somebody that can actually pass. Keep that passer healthy.

One, if not both of our OTs will miss game time this season. WE freaking KNOW THIS. WE ARE THE NYJ. And one of our ‘starters’ is coming off chest surgery. Different surgery but still reminiscent of this past season with Brown.

If Joe D goes into the season without a plausible backup behind either of those guys, it’s job suicide for him here in NYJ. Do NOT say bakhtiari, warren carter, or mitchell are those guys.

We still don’t know if his first name is Warren or Carter. JE literally wrote Mitch Maxwell in his post the other day. None of us have faith in these guys. Get a backup starter that can play this season when someone goes down, and will start the following year once we lose Smith/Moses/AVT.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #167 on: April 24, 2024, 01:01:40 PM »
We still don’t know if his first name is Warren or Carter. JE literally wrote Mitch Maxwell in his post the other day. None of us have faith in these guys. Get a backup starter that can play this season when someone goes down, and will start the following year once we lose Smith/Moses/AVT.

In my defence that was deliberate, we had a whole conversation about it last year.

Also, I don't not have faith in Warren. I think he looks like a better prospect than Mitchell so far, he was a third round pick and with a full year in the NFL I have optimism that he can take a big step forward, especially when he's training with players like Tyron Smith and Haason Reddick. I agree that none of us will feel very comfortable if he's our third tackle off the rank.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #168 on: April 24, 2024, 01:05:58 PM »
If we take an OL at 10, even if it's the right thing, I'll admit I'll be disappointed with the pick just because it's boring.

The last time it felt "boring" in the first round was Brick and Mangold.  Give me ALL the boring.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 01:07:35 PM by MBGreen »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #169 on: April 24, 2024, 01:08:49 PM »
In my defence that was deliberate, we had a whole conversation about it last year.

I don’t remember. Apologies. I still don’t have any faith in the kid. He took a step back this year. Not sure if it’s due to his significant medical concerns, or freaking keith carter.

I’d hoped for the same sort of jump from mitchell last year that you’re hopeful for with carter this year.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #170 on: April 24, 2024, 01:13:04 PM »
1: Elite WR at 10, OL in the 3rd

An elite WR is not going to be available at 10 though.

He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #171 on: April 24, 2024, 01:14:55 PM »
There is a chance that Bowers might not even be available at 10. 

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #172 on: April 24, 2024, 01:17:06 PM »

Are you including Odunze in that list?

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #173 on: April 24, 2024, 01:17:18 PM »
Are you including Odunze in that list?

yes

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #174 on: April 24, 2024, 01:19:37 PM »
There is a chance that Bowers might not even be available at 10. 

god willing
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #175 on: April 24, 2024, 01:20:53 PM »
1) Chicago Bears - Caleb Williams (only true lock right now)
2) Washington Commanders - QB
3) New England Patriots - QB or Trade Out w/ someone that will take a QB (MIN/LV)
4) Arizona Cardinals - WR or Trade Out w/ someone that will take a QB (MIN/LV)
5) Los Angeles Chargers - WR/OT or Trade Out w/ someone that will almost certainly take a WR
6) New York Giants - WR or Surprise QB
7) Tennessee Titans - WR/OT
8) Atlanta Falcons - BPA Defense or WR
9) Chicago Bears - BPA Defense or WR

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #176 on: April 24, 2024, 01:25:57 PM »
We need a couple things to happen:

1.  At least 4 QBs go Top 9.
2.  Philly trades up into the Top 7 for a CB (Quinyon Mitchell)
3.  Joe Alt goes Top 9

That gets us to 6 prospects that aren't WRs in the Top 9

Trade ups become less costly once the QBs come off the board too.  If Philly gets ahead of ATL/CHI for Mitchell, they might want to slide back to take Dallas Turner/Jared Verse/Laiatu Latu. 

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #177 on: April 24, 2024, 01:34:51 PM »
The last time it felt "boring" in the first round was Brick and Mangold.  Give me ALL the boring.

This

I'm tired of beating the same drum but if you can protect the QB, everything else gets better. We have 2 WRs and a RB that will probably play elite football this year if Aaron Rodgers plays every week.

OL might seem a long-term pick, but it's not. It's for this year and next. Aaron Rodgers elevates everyone's play. Keeping him upright is all that matters and with the guys we have, we will need backups.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #178 on: April 24, 2024, 01:45:03 PM »

We're creating wish lists, right?

I'm considering MHJ, Nabers and Odunze in that category. Don't let MB hear you saying what could or couldn't happen.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #179 on: April 24, 2024, 02:28:55 PM »
We're creating wish lists, right?

I'm considering MHJ, Nabers and Odunze in that category. Don't let MB hear you saying what could or couldn't happen.

instant gulag for any offender

Tags: