Author Topic: South Park: The Stick of Truth  (Read 11407 times)

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2014, 10:32:10 AM »
I'd say 20 hours of entertainment is well worth 60 bucks.
"Wrong!"

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2014, 10:45:34 AM »
I'd say 20 hours of entertainment is well worth 60 bucks.

When you compare it to the price of a 3 hour movie for $25-$30 bucks it certainly is. you can get 10x the entertainment length for 2-2.5x the price. Pretty solid deal if you get the most out of the game.
Need a new one for a new board...

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2014, 12:13:51 PM »
Which is why playing it any number of times will be worth it. If I can watch episodes of the show 25 times, I can certainly playthrough the story thats 20 hours long numerous times from different angles as well.

Plus how many straight up RPGs have been 60 hours of play time the past 5 years? like 20? only about 5 of which are worth playing through all the way anyways?

Your preaching to the choir I excrement on a few trolls over there

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2014, 12:17:45 PM »
Um no. I have no idea what the freak are you talking about? I posted that originally in the Video Game thread which was being taken over by Microsoft talk.

Some Dutch YouTube user did a Let's Play type video for it. He tried to be funny and fails horribly. It's some lame schtick that has made him a millionaire lol

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2014, 12:53:04 PM »
Some Dutch YouTube user did a Let's Play type video for it. He tried to be funny and fails horribly. It's some lame schtick that has made him a millionaire lol

Like a millionaire millionaire or this kind of millionaire?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSKG1JRXyk4

P.S. can we not embed videos anymore? or am I just totally missing the button for this?
Need a new one for a new board...

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2014, 01:00:40 PM »
We currently don't have the ability to embed on this site.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2014, 02:06:37 PM »
Like a millionaire millionaire or this kind of millionaire?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSKG1JRXyk4

P.S. can we not embed videos anymore? or am I just totally missing the button for this?

Ionno ppl said he's loaded and lives off his channel. I never heard of him till I saw that video and I couldn't finish watching it cause he's a damn retard

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2014, 02:27:05 PM »

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2014, 02:45:21 PM »
Prolly the review I'd give if I had the game. Least it sounds like it met my expectations if this holds up. From someone who got it early

I've been watching SP since it came out in the 90s. I love everything about it and think Cartman is truly the most evil character of all time.

With that said I was worried about this game, I wasn't sure how it would hold up to the series standards. I did like the idea of playing as only a new kid and trying to get used to life in SP. I wanted an adventure more like FF than Mario and Luigi Dream Team (or their other DS rpgs) because that's what the combat is like.

I beat the game today... It took about 16 hours total and I made sure to do EVERY side quest I could find. I roamed around the world a lot, had fun and let me say it is a perfect length.

The game itself is hysterical. Tons of in jokes for fans and tons of just balls to the wall jokes they could never get away with on tv.

The games length is perfect. It doesn't go by too fast and you never feel like you have to spend 2 hours grinding. It also is perfect for re-playability to play as other classes. It never feels like a chore to do fetch quests or anything either since its all so funny you are always having a good time.

Overall this could be the best game based on a show/movie ever. I have never played a game and just laughed the entire way through, wanting to talk to everyone multiple times to see what they say next.

Easily this game is a 9/10. I had my doubts at first but man I love this game. Onto my first replay.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2014, 07:48:04 PM »

Scruggy

• Eric Smith
  • I can't stop thinking about Terence Trent D'Arby
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2014, 09:53:12 AM »
Ima get this vid when it comes out, saul. 

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2014, 10:16:39 AM »
The CE should've come with a Chinpokomon lol

Either way mines paid in full. Can't wait to pick it up an laugh my derriere off tomorrow

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2014, 03:21:05 PM »
IGN gave it a 9/10. Said it was about 14 hours long....

They've mentioned this in their previews before but what's impressive is that you're basically watching that much time worth of episodes. Sure the battles take time, and some exploration but between all the dialog,cutscenes and one liners, it's a lot of work they put in.  SP is usually only 22 minutes long per episode.

Most reviews said it was hilarious throughout.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2014, 03:41:21 PM »
been watching a stream, looks great. gonna wait till midterms are done to buy it though

Tags: video games