Author Topic: #JetsTank  (Read 11266 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: #JetsTank
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2023, 07:58:11 PM »
Gotta love moral victories that push us further down the draft board during a lost season where everyone's gonna twiddle their thumbs and buy time with every ridiculous coach speak phrase in the book
Those are actual victories. The Chiefs game was a moral victory.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2023, 08:04:13 PM »
Between our roster and our salary cap, we're kinda screwed for the next 2 years minimum.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2023, 08:08:38 PM »
Those are actual victories. The Chiefs game was a moral victory.
Theyre all only moral victories if we're not gonna get 5 or 6 of them starting next week.

Anything other than the playoffs is meaningless unless you somehow think yhis is gonna go from a meme to a functional unit to inspire any sort of confidence

That would be the hope but I'll play the SOJ role and get booed.  This is literally a historically bad offense

There's more evidence to prove this is the norm until next yr

So im confident in saying the 1 or 2 wins we get until then don't mean excrement

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2023, 08:18:40 PM »
For the record in most seasons I've been vehemently against tanking because it needs to keep the locker room together and prove we're headed in the right direction

But the luck has run out . We're  1 Gipson miracle punt return , 1 awful coaching decision by Philly by passing instead of milking the clock , and 1 miracle drive from Zach and the refs gifting us that ball spot vs giants from heing 1-10

Ifs and buts etc etc that being said we've played the worst offensive football I've been alive to see .

We're just basically asked as fans to grab our ankles and wait till next April .

So yeah I've got 0 positivity for this team right now .

And apparently the locker room agrees

We're pn the road to be so bad to the point that Garrett and Breece will flee here soon as they can contractually .

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2023, 08:22:45 PM »
Realistically it can be turned around but we've got such little margin for error cap wise we need to hit on literally anything we do this offseason

That's the most positive thing I can say

Rodgers needs to hate freak tbe NFL next yr. And we need to make sure he doesn't end up in a body bag Cobra Kai style .

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2023, 08:30:42 PM »
The Rodgers experiment was worse for the team than the Favre one.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2023, 08:39:35 PM »

The number one lesson to be learned here is that 40 year old QBs are extremely fragile, past history be damned. And catering to HOF QBs just joining your squad is not in the best interest of the team. Dude is not a GM for a reason, he will make new friends with the dudes we bring in. Especially if they are really freaking good at football, unlike all his dudes we brought in this season.
Need a new one for a new board...

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2023, 08:41:36 PM »

I'm not giving up on him for next year.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2023, 08:57:31 PM »
I'm not giving up on him for next year.

K. We don't have the resources to put a good supporting cast around him. Between the missing second rounder, the cap squeeze, and the expiring contracts, he's captaining a ship with torn sails.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2023, 02:01:20 AM »
We need like 3 new starting OL and at least 2 new WRs

This excrement is a cluster freak

This- pray for us.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2023, 02:49:15 AM »
This is actually the only reason I have any hope at all right now. This team is so bad and so far from contention that I hope Rodgers decides to just bow out (or at least ask for a trade).

Move on from the Rodgers "era", fire everyone, start from scratch, and try to build a winner by building a winner.

You're angry so you're spilling nonsense. We were winning difficult games with a bad OL (not the actual shitshow), Zach at QB and Lazard at WR2. A healthy Rodgers and an average OL would make us competitive. I have been commenting games the whole season, so I've watched most of the teams up close. No one, and I mean no one, has had the OL problems that we had. Even the Commanders, who lost two starting OLs, still have three starters remaining. We don't have even one.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2023, 04:19:01 AM »
You're angry so you're spilling nonsense. We were winning difficult games with a bad OL (not the actual shitshow), Zach at QB and Lazard at WR2. A healthy Rodgers and an average OL would make us competitive. I have been commenting games the whole season, so I've watched most of the teams up close. No one, and I mean no one, has had the OL problems that we had. Even the Commanders, who lost two starting OLs, still have three starters remaining. We don't have even one.

Technically we have Laken. But your point remains. We have played 14 OL this season. I bet if we charted snap counts for # of OL across the league no other team has played 14 OL, and no one’s 10-14 OL have played as many snaps as ours have.

Remember, things are never as bad as they seem (right this moment) and they are never as good as they seem (post eagles game). We feel a zillion miles away, but the distance is probably only half that, and the Rodgers effect, assuming he can still play post Achilles injury, covers a huge portion of that gap.

Hell if he comes back before seasons end, maybe he gets on the field to see Hackett being this bad and decides he does need to be demoted for next year.
Need a new one for a new board...

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2023, 07:13:38 AM »

I'm certainly angry, but I don't think it's nonsense.

This team, even when winning, has struggled not just to score points, but even get first downs. This offense is historically bad. That's not all the oline. It's the oline that either lacks talent or health. It's the QBs that suffer the same. It's the uncreative scheme and atrocious play calling. It's the receivers who don't get separation or drop passes they have in both hands. It's tight ends that don't block, don't catch, and get stupid penalties. It's running backs who struggle to get 3 YPC.

Apart from Garrett and Breece there isn't a single person on the offense that you can say, right this minute, will be with this team in 2025. That goes for players and coaches.

Maybe we sign and/or draft at least one elite tackle and guard and Becton and AVT play healthy for a whole year. Maybe a 40-year-old QB who hasn't had a great season in a couple of years comes back from catastrophic injury and plays at his mid-30s ability. Maybe the offensive coordinator either gets vastly better at his job or Rodgers takes it on himself to run the offense. Maybe we draft or sign a real #2 WR to take some of the attention off Wilson. Maybe we find a running back who can legitimately share the load with Hall. Maybe we find a tight end that can both block and catch effectively.

That's a lot of maybes. Especially to expect all to fall just right in the next 10 months.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2023, 07:51:06 AM »
K. We don't have the resources to put a good supporting cast around him. Between the missing second rounder, the cap squeeze, and the expiring contracts, he's captaining a ship with torn sails.

Keep in mind that if Rodgers isn't back Saleh Douglas and Hackett all have to be gone.

In other words every decision maker on this franchise's careers depend on Rodgers being back and being successful.

So if I'm Douglas and Saleh I'm mortgaging the future because there's a solid chance neither of them will get another HC/GM job ever again if they don't

None of this means it'll be a successful experiment, but the odds have to be extremely high that it's the way we go.

The OL project will probably involve a lot of dumpster diving and chasing old guys or injury risks. I suspect that we trade for some guys as well
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 07:53:43 AM by dcm1602 »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2023, 08:37:54 AM »
Giants play the patriots this week!
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Tags: