Author Topic: New York Jets Miscellanea  (Read 798437 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: New York Jets Miscellanea
« Reply #5340 on: May 20, 2019, 10:24:21 AM »
That list is laughable. What GM is thinking "Wait, Fatukasi is available? Call Adam right now!"? Jenkins is the only player there who has any value, other than Maye.

As for Maye, if someone is willing to give a third or better for him, I think it would be good to take it. He's shown himself to be unreliable in terms of health, so take the pick and move on.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #5341 on: May 20, 2019, 10:25:55 AM »
That list is laughable. What GM is thinking "Wait, Fatukasi is available? Call Adam right now!"? Jenkins is the only player there who has any value, other than Maye.

As for Maye, if someone is willing to give a third or better for him, I think it would be good to take it. He's shown himself to be unreliable in terms of health, so take the pick and move on.

Shell is probably the most valuable player on that list, including Maye. And I'll be thorough pissed if we trade him given he's our starting right tackle.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #5342 on: May 20, 2019, 10:52:27 AM »
Shell is probably the most valuable player on that list, including Maye. And I'll be thorough pissed if we trade him given he's our starting right tackle.

My bad, you're right. I had forgotten he was on the list by the time I went to write that post.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #5343 on: May 20, 2019, 11:19:08 AM »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #5344 on: May 20, 2019, 11:28:54 AM »
Rich Cimini @RichCimini

The #Jets have signed free-agent P Matt Darr. He punted for Adam Gase in Miami in 2016. Appeared in five game for Buffalo last season. Competition for Lach Edwards.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #5345 on: May 20, 2019, 11:46:10 AM »
I still can't understand what Lachlan Edwards has to do to get some respect from this team. He was 5th in the NFL in yards per punt (45.9) last year.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #5346 on: May 20, 2019, 12:03:17 PM »
I still can't understand what Lachlan Edwards has to do to get some respect from this team. He was 5th in the NFL in yards per punt (45.9) last year.

I agree that Edwards is a pretty decent punter, but I hate YPP as a stat. It's heavily driven by field position, which has nothing to do with the punter - any punter who plays for a team with a excrement offense that regularly goes three and out from inside their own 20 is going to have good YPP numbers because they've got a lot of field to work with.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #5347 on: May 20, 2019, 12:14:56 PM »
I agree that Edwards is a pretty decent punter, but I hate YPP as a stat. It's heavily driven by field position, which has nothing to do with the punter - any punter who plays for a team with a excrement offense that regularly goes three and out from inside their own 20 is going to have good YPP numbers because they've got a lot of field to work with.

True enough, but you can only work with the situations you're given.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #5349 on: May 21, 2019, 08:28:32 AM »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #5350 on: May 26, 2019, 08:31:35 PM »

Pretty much what you would expect, though I admittedly had no idea Calvin Ridley had that kind of juice. 

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #5351 on: May 26, 2019, 08:38:29 PM »
The most impressive bit of all of that is that DJax still has that kind of speed after 10 years.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #5352 on: May 26, 2019, 10:28:08 PM »

Pretty much what you would expect, though I admittedly had no idea Calvin Ridley had that kind of juice. 

Lane Kiffin used to call this post play for Ridley and he would just smoke every DB.

Kiffin would signal a TD before the ball was even thrown.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #5353 on: May 26, 2019, 10:39:57 PM »
was it just me or did anyone else think that robbie was displaying a much more diverse route tree the last few games of the season?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard