Author Topic: Comcast to buy Time Warner Cable  (Read 3683 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Comcast to buy Time Warner Cable
« on: February 13, 2014, 08:43:22 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-26166729

Another victory for competition. This won't have any negative impact upon customers at all. Honest, guv.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
Re: Comcast to buy Time Warner Cable
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 09:12:27 AM »
How do you say a 60bn deal is " grossly inadequate", but then go ahead and take a 45bn deal?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 09:38:15 AM »
So will TWC be slightly better than vomit and excrement, or will comcast become a slightly worse cunty albatross with this merger?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 09:46:02 AM »
So will TWC be slightly better than vomit and excrement, or will comcast become a slightly worse cunty albatross with this merger?

As a TWC customer, I have no idea what to expect. They're already the only decent option for internet in my neighborhood.

klaximilian

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 09:49:42 AM »
As a TWC customer, I have no idea what to expect. They're already the only decent option for internet in my neighborhood.

If you're going to be part part of Comcast/Xfinity, prepare yourselves for the worst customer service of your life. Comcast is OK, until something goes wrong. Their call-center reps are beyond retarded and have pee-poor training.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 09:50:49 AM »
If you're going to be part part of Comcast/Xfinity, prepare yourselves for the worst customer service of your life. Comcast is OK, until something goes wrong. Their call-center reps are beyond retarded and have pee-poor training.

A. Most TWC customer are familiar with receiving the worst customer service of all time.
B. Calling them is my wife's job anyway.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 09:52:42 AM »
A. Most TWC customer are familiar with receiving the worst customer service of all time.
B. Calling them is my wife's job anyway.

Dealing with all utility companies is my job in our household. At least 50% of the time my wife is yelling and swearing within two minutes of the call starting.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 09:53:49 AM »
Dealing with all utility companies is my job in our household. At least 50% of the time my wife is yelling and swearing within two minutes of the call starting.

Oh, same here.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 09:55:24 AM »
I have had my problems with Comcast but by and large they are a decent enough company to deal with.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

klaximilian

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 10:04:42 AM »
I have had my problems with Comcast but by and large they are a decent enough company to deal with.

I liked them for a year, and then a few issues rolled (bill and service) that wasted at least 5 hours of my time on the phone. Nothing go resolved and my blood pressure likely went through the roof.

I have them for internet now because we don't have any better options and my speed with them is quick. God forbid something goes wrong there, I'll probably go bizerk and threaten the first person I speak with on the phone.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 10:16:24 AM »
I have them for internet now because we don't have any better options and my speed with them is quick. God forbid something goes wrong there, I'll probably go bizerk and threaten the first person I speak with on the phone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmLRTVYgEq4

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 10:25:02 AM »
I liked them for a year, and then a few issues rolled (bill and service) that wasted at least 5 hours of my time on the phone. Nothing go resolved and my blood pressure likely went through the roof.

I understand bro, I have had good experiences with their customer service and bad. With big companies nowadays it's tough to get any service other than a retarded phone messaging system designed to frustrate the excrement out of you and get you to hang up.

Depending on your likes/needs Comcast has decent internet and cable options. They were a hell of a lot better than dealing with cablevision back in the day. Omfg were they horrid.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

klaximilian

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2014, 10:45:25 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmLRTVYgEq4

I should play that exact clip. Liam Neeson's delivery is epic.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2014, 11:45:16 AM »
I will never complain about Comcast or any other company after dealing with this dumpster fire of a cable provider called Hotwire Communications. They had to steal their name from a bigger company, that's how freaking shitty they are. They're based out of Philly but they have a lot of shady backroom deals with the newer buildings in Miami.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/hotwire-communications-miami

They shadily got customers by signing exclusive and long deals with condo developers/apartment complexes and the buildings are only wired for them. Basically the only thing other thing you can get is directv...and that[s' only if you can actually mount a dish on your balcony that faces the right direction etc.

They're the worst company I've ever dealt with in any capacity. Their service itself is excrement, and their customer service department is worse. At least when Comcast works it's good. Their internet drops all the time and you can't DVR anything (even though you pay $15 a month for it and another $10 for an HD receiver) because the channels freeze randomly all the time for at least a few seconds.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 11:47:08 AM by JFIF »

Tags: