Author Topic: Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 2015)  (Read 15905 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 2015)
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2014, 02:29:37 PM »
I'm not sure if this warrants its own thread, but it looks like Benedict Cumberbatch is in final talks to take the role of Dr. Strange on the big screen. Tom Hardy was also a finalist.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2014, 02:30:15 PM »
I'm not sure if this warrants its own thread, but it looks like Benedict Cumberbatch is in final talks to take the role of Dr. Strange on the big screen. Tom Hardy was also a finalist.

Certainly threadworthy once something is official.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2014, 03:29:38 PM »
No kidding, those are some great names for that character.  Was hoping Cumb was going to be a late add for the new Star Wars but oh well.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2014, 05:45:23 PM »

Joaquin Phoenix originally accepted the role but then stepped away
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Ornstein

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2014, 07:25:19 PM »

I could definetly see him doing a great job as Doctor Strange, was hoping for Joaquin Phoenix but I'm not complaining.

Koz

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2014, 09:10:07 PM »
wonder if we'll see any "Falcon" in the next movie?  Nice addition in the most recent Captain America movie.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2014, 09:19:26 PM »
wonder if we'll see any "Falcon" in the next movie?  Nice addition in the most recent Captain America movie.

Doesn't seem to be credited but IMDb has him listed for Cap 3.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2014, 11:52:03 AM »
Joaquin Phoenix originally accepted the role but then stepped away

I saw that. He had too many projects so he couldn't commit to Dr. Strange (partially because the Strange character may appear in a future Avengers film as well). On that note, Cumberbatch must be thinking "Who needs sleep?"

I don't know how much of a spoiler this is at this point, but skip if you don't want a mix of speculation and actual events...

*******SPOILER*********

Falcon has taken over as Captain America from Steve Rogers in the comics. This appears to be a permanent change, not a "Death of Captain America--until next year" gimmick. Cap is now old and no longer under the effects of the Super Soldier serum, so he now works behind the scenes while the person who was Falcon now dons the Star-Spangled Avenger's costume.

There is speculation that eventually this is going to happen in the movies too. At the very least, I'd be shocked if Falcon didn't play an increasingly larger role in the Avengers and Cap movies.

*******END SPOILER******
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2014, 12:32:26 PM »
I saw that. He had too many projects so he couldn't commit to Dr. Strange (partially because the Strange character may appear in a future Avengers film as well). On that note, Cumberbatch must be thinking "Who needs sleep?"

I don't know how much of a spoiler this is at this point, but skip if you don't want a mix of speculation and actual events...

*******SPOILER*********

Falcon has taken over as Captain America from Steve Rogers in the comics. This appears to be a permanent change, not a "Death of Captain America--until next year" gimmick. Cap is now old and no longer under the effects of the Super Soldier serum, so he now works behind the scenes while the person who was Falcon now dons the Star-Spangled Avenger's costume.

There is speculation that eventually this is going to happen in the movies too. At the very least, I'd be shocked if Falcon didn't play an increasingly larger role in the Avengers and Cap movies.

*******END SPOILER******

I doubt this occurs.  It's more likely that bucky becomes the new captain america than Falcon.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2014, 01:26:48 PM »
I doubt this occurs.  It's more likely that bucky becomes the new captain america than Falcon.

That's who most people assumed would take over the role from Rogers in the comics. Marvel is big into trying to be more diverse these days though and so Falcon took the shield. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they did the same in the movies, especially given the overall positive reception Falcon got from the movie.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2014, 02:17:41 PM »
Marvel just announced their upcoming movie lineup:

Captain America: Serpent Society Civil War* 5/6/2016
Dr. Strange 11/4/2016
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 5/5/2017
Thor: Ragnarok 7/28/2017
Black Panther (played by Chadwick Boseman) 11/3/2017
Avengers: Infinity War pt. 1 5/4/2018
Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers version) 7/6/2018
Inhumans 11/2/2018
Avengers: Infinity War pt. 2 5/3/2019

Still no Hulk movie though.

Wow! Serpent Society wasn't the real title. It is going to be Civil War! Will Cap die?! How will this affect the Avengers movies?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 02:21:06 PM by AlioTheFool »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2014, 02:26:04 PM »
Wow! Serpent Society wasn't the real title. It is going to be Civil War! Will Cap die?! How will this affect the Avengers movies?

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2014, 02:28:51 PM »
^Bahahaha.  That's officially how I will forever picture Alio now.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2014, 02:44:13 PM »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2014, 08:17:52 PM »

Tags: movies marvel