Author Topic: Philip Seymour Hoffman found dead in apartment  (Read 18213 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Philip Seymour Hoffman found dead in apartment
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 08:01:06 AM »
Is that supposed to excuse it?
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2014, 08:03:32 AM »
Is that supposed to excuse it?

Excuse it? Why would anyone try to excuse anything?

Again, how do you understand so little about the basics of addiction? It isn't like it hasn't ever been discussed, examined or explained in gruesome public detail countless times.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2014, 08:15:07 AM »
Anyone I've known who's stuck a needle in their arm has either fucked their life up or died from a result. It's a path to nowhere. I'm happy for all the excrement I did in my life and all the drugs I used to be around this is a habit I never picked up.

Doesn't make this news any easier to take. One of the best actors of our time. RIP

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2014, 10:35:48 AM »
What a crazy high heroin must give if it convinces reasonably intelligent human beings to destroy their lives for just one hit. Crazy.
"Wrong!"

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2014, 10:51:18 AM »
Sucks.  I watched Doubt on Saturday night, probably around the same time he was injecting a fatal overdose.  Creeped me out when I heard about it on Sunday.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2014, 10:59:08 AM »
What a shame. Dude was on borrowed time since he was into every drug he could get his hands on.

He was supposedly clean for almost 23 years until 2012 when he went to rehab.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2014, 11:34:35 AM »
He's a great actor I always found him a bit creepy/odd/slimey. Sorry he's dead but honestly I feel nothing for him, absolutely nothing. Life is tough enough, when you have it by the balls and you just basically kill yourself, bye.

We all have friends that have done the same, some of us have mutual friends where that's the case, I guess it's just not personal for me.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2014, 12:51:47 PM »
The poopchute had three children. What the freak was he doing shooting heroin?

Its not called addiction for nothing

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2014, 12:52:33 PM »
He was supposedly clean for almost 23 years until 2012 when he went to rehab.

Clean for over twenty years to an overdose in two? Well freak.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2014, 12:58:53 PM »
He actually had a good quote.

Paraphrasing

"When someone in poverty dies because of overdose, they're looked upon as a 'useless junkie', when a famous actor or musician dies for the same reason they're, a 'dealing with a dark past' or 'a tortured soul' "

I've seen drugs do in people from all walks of life.

Like Guiness said, the amount of excrement I've seen and been around its a damn miracle .

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2014, 01:16:33 PM »
He actually had a good quote.

Paraphrasing

"When someone in poverty dies because of overdose, they're looked upon as a 'useless junkie', when a famous actor or musician dies for the same reason they're, a 'dealing with a dark past' or 'a tortured soul' "

I've seen drugs do in people from all walks of life.

Like Guiness said, the amount of excrement I've seen and been around its a damn miracle .
Family, friends. Rich, poor. Man, woman. Etc, etc.  it's a horrible drug that I've pretty much had around me since I was a little kid and pretty aware of what it did to people. People who were really close to me. Having these fucked up experiences within my family, selfishly, kept me away from making the same stupid mistakes and poor decision making that a lot of my buddies back then made, ie coke and heroin.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2014, 01:34:05 PM »
Family, friends. Rich, poor. Man, woman. Etc, etc.  it's a horrible drug that I've pretty much had around me since I was a little kid and pretty aware of what it did to people. People who were really close to me. Having these fucked up experiences within my family, selfishly, kept me away from making the same stupid mistakes and poor decision making that a lot of my buddies back then made, ie coke and heroin.

I know how it goes. I've been around it all. And much like you my motivation to stay the freak away was by watching friends and families lives go down the drain first hand.

Knowing his history this didn't shock me in the least cause once you get hooked, clean or not. Relapse is always just around the corner.

No matter how long has passed

At this point I'm just preaching to the choir. Nothing you dong know

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2014, 03:48:08 PM »
How is it that so many otherwise intelligent people in the world still completely fail to understand the first thing about addiction?

How is it that I'm not allowed to express a moment of anger over the fact that 3 children are now fatherless?

I understand addiction perfectly well, I can still be pissed off that he followed it to its only logical conclusion.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 03:54:00 PM by CatoTheElder »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2014, 03:54:06 PM »
How is it that I'm not allowed to express a moment of anger over the fact that 3 children are now fatherless?

Because the way you did it:

The poopchute had three children. What the freak was he doing shooting heroin?

makes no sense at all in the context of the situation and the reality of addiction. Posts like the one you made are irrational and unhelpful to the millions of people who suffer from substance addictions, and to the perception of addicts by the rest of society. Addicts need help, not yelling at for their bad decisions. You're intelligent enough to know that.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2014, 04:08:17 PM »
Because the way you did it:

makes no sense at all in the context of the situation and the reality of addiction. Posts like the one you made are irrational and unhelpful to the millions of people who suffer from substance addictions, and to the perception of addicts by the rest of society. Addicts need help, not yelling at for their bad decisions. You're intelligent enough to know that.

You're right. I have utterly failed in my capacity as a drug councilor, which is exactly the office in which I was acting when I posted that comment in this specific thread, which addicts routinely visit for guidance and other councilors visit to improve their techniques for treatment.