Author Topic: The All American Automotive Thread  (Read 40944 times)

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
Re: The All American Automotive Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2014, 03:10:37 PM »
GE just gave my dad an A5 when he retired.  He loves it, but it's useless in the weather they are getting up there.

I would get the Quattro so it wouldn't be an issue. I can drive anything in the snow though I'm not too worried.

I wanted the Subaru BR-Z but its not practical for me as a daily driver.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2014, 03:17:01 PM »
RWD in snow is funny. I remember years ago my wife trying to drive her 325i up a long hill, in a traffic jam, with a couple of inches of snow on the ground. In the end she gave up, parked it and walked home. We had to go back later when the traffic was gone.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2014, 03:23:05 PM »
RWD in snow is funny. I remember years ago my wife trying to drive her 325i up a long hill, in a traffic jam, with a couple of inches of snow on the ground. In the end she gave up, parked it and walked home. We had to go back later when the traffic was gone.

I had to push some dipshit in a BMW 328 this morning because they got stuck on a hill. I guess that doesn't make them an poopchute but it's the last thing I had in mind for early this morning in the cold. I'd rather he just took his floor mats out and wedged them under the rear tires. That or some kitty litter.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2014, 05:06:45 PM »
I had to push some dipshit in a BMW 328 this morning because they got stuck on a hill. I guess that doesn't make them an poopchute but it's the last thing I had in mind for early this morning in the cold. I'd rather he just took his floor mats out and wedged them under the rear tires. That or some kitty litter.

If you knew what conditions would be like, I don't get why you wouldn't keep a bag or tub if kitty litter in the trunk.

EDIT: You meaning that guy.  Not you personally.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2014, 05:10:16 PM »
If you knew what conditions would be like, I don't get why you wouldn't keep a bag or tub if kitty litter in the trunk.

Despite the seasonal snow and ice that happens every freaking year, people have a tendency to not know what the hell they are doing.

I live near a town that is predominantly Korean.. some of those drivers in the elements are a living nightmare. They either drive 3 miles per hour in their 4wd BMW X5 or spin out on straight roads because they don't understand that braking hard on ice is incredibly stupid.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2014, 05:16:18 PM »
Just yesterday I had to plow my car into a curbside snowbank to avoid a soccer-mom who managed to 180 her GL class Mercedes truck into oncoming traffic. Mind you this on an uphill road with no turn in sight.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2014, 05:43:48 PM »
forgot to mention the new ford Taurus is very nice.  I hated my parent's growing up.  has anyone been in one of these?
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2014, 05:52:08 PM »
has anyone been in one of these?

Haven't been in a new one.  I was is in the passenger seat of a 2003 Taurus that was involved in an accident with an old woman.

This old woman just drove out right in front of my friend, and he crushed her going 40 or so.  She got knocked out GTA style with her head on the steering wheel. 

He called 911 and said one of the best quotes of all-time:  "Yes, I was in an accident and I KO'd a 70 year old woman..."
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2014, 05:56:28 PM »
I rear-ended someone with a '00 Sable. That thing was a tank, hardly a scratch on it.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2014, 08:25:08 PM »
The worst rental car I ever got was a Toyota Corolla. We drove off the lot with it, got maybe a mile down the street, then Enterprise called us back and upgraded us to a Buick LaCrosse for free (they found out we were getting married and figured we should get something better).

Besides that, since 2012 I've rented an Avenger, an Equinox, a Liberty, and an Altima. All were fine but none could touch the LaCrosse. It was like driving a cloud.

Been driving an 05 Buick LaCrosse for a few years, this thing is dandy, very comfortable on long drives. Drive is smooth and consistent. It isn't "fun" driving, like a sports car would be, but it's smooth and easy. Don't really know how else to describe it. I think my next (first real person car, Whooo!) car I would like a crossover, just for the sheer volume of comforts (and the liklihood of kids on the back half of owning that car), but my LaCrosse will always hold a great place in my heart
Need a new one for a new board...

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Koz

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2014, 07:40:16 AM »
As of 2 weeks ago, out with this:

In with this

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2014, 07:43:54 AM »
^ can i catch a ride to the tailgate?
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Koz

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2014, 07:49:09 AM »
Hah!  freak that, I drive it as little as possible.  5.3L v8, I get about 10 blocks to the gallon in city driving.

Right now, just goes back and forth to the train, but will use it on the beach alot this summer.