Author Topic: 2022 NFL Draft Prospect Discussion  (Read 30329 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: 2022 NFL Draft Prospect Discussion
« Reply #255 on: January 24, 2022, 04:20:49 PM »
Joyner wasn't a band-aid, he was hand picked to start. Same with Jarrad Davis.

then why did they only sign one year deals?  Short term, stopgaps

Joyner was going to be our third safety behind Maye and Davis
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #256 on: January 24, 2022, 04:28:46 PM »
then why did they only sign one year deals?  Short term, stopgaps

Joyner was going to be our third safety behind Maye and Davis

I thought Joyner was hand-picked by Saleh.

ok, i'll buy the short term/stop gap theory....you want to bring D.Hunter here for a 4th round pick and on a 1 yr prove it deal, sign me up.

Do i want to trade a 2nd rounder and give him a Carl Lawson type contract....not really.

if we're gonna trade premium picks away, i'd rather bring in JC Jackson....or C.Ridley (if his head is on straight).
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #257 on: January 24, 2022, 04:29:07 PM »
Joyner wasn't a band-aid, he was hand picked to start. Same with Jarrad Davis.

Vinny Curry is the only role-player rotational guy they took a swing on.
I'm not sure what your solution is here. You're supposed to roll the dice on talent. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Anyone can get hurt. Usually injury-prone guys have that baked into their contracts.

And outside of Lawson and Corey Davis, everyone else was a stopgap/bandaid solution. Joyner and Davis were 1-year deals to be bandaids until we found more permanent solutions.

Sheldon Rankins worked out in a similar deal (and we gave him 2 years). Joyner and Curry and Jarrad Davis did not.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #258 on: January 24, 2022, 04:31:35 PM »
I'm not sure what your solution is here. You're supposed to roll the dice on talent. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Anyone can get hurt. Usually injury-prone guys have that baked into their contracts.

And outside of Lawson and Corey Davis, everyone else was a stopgap/bandaid solution. Joyner and Davis were 1-year deals to be bandaids until we found more permanent solutions.

Sheldon Rankins worked out in a similar deal (and we gave him 2 years). Joyner and Curry and Jarrad Davis did not.

My solution is to trade draft capital for elite vets that aren't perennial injured.  I get what Hunter was 2 years ago....but he broke down his last two seasons
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #259 on: January 24, 2022, 04:37:54 PM »
My solution is to trade draft capital for elite vets that aren't perennial injured.  I get what Hunter was 2 years ago....but he broke down his last two seasons
Elite veterans that aren't perennially injured don't get traded. And if they do, they get traded for a king's ransom.

Hunter is coming off two major injuries and wants to get paid. That combination should dent his trade value. If that is enough to scare you off, that's fine, but you're not finding "elite vets that aren't perennially injured" in the trade market unless you want to give up multiple 1sts.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #260 on: January 24, 2022, 04:40:12 PM »
Elite veterans that aren't perennially injured don't get traded. And if they do, they get traded for a king's ransom.

Hunter is coming off two major injuries and wants to get paid. That combination should dent his trade value. If that is enough to scare you off, that's fine, but you're not finding "elite vets that aren't perennially injured" in the trade market unless you want to give up multiple 1sts.

And that brings me back to my original opinion of passing on Hunter.  Minny is going to want premium picks for him....they can eat excrement instead.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #261 on: January 24, 2022, 04:46:47 PM »
And that brings me back to my original opinion of passing on Hunter.  Minny is going to want premium picks for him....they can eat excrement instead.
They will want them. I don't know if they will still get them. I would give up a 3rd for Hunter though. Even this year in 7 games, he still had as many sacks as anyone on the Jets (6). I definitely wouldn't give up 4 or 10, but I would kick the tires on all these veteran pass rushers that could be on the trade market (Hunter, Mack, etc).

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #262 on: January 24, 2022, 05:32:29 PM »
One thing is for sure.  Whoever we sign will have an injury history by the end of 2022.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #263 on: January 24, 2022, 10:51:28 PM »
If we are trading legitimate draft capital (top 3 round picks) I want freaking legitimate weapons. I heard Seattle and DK Metcalf are having issues. If that’s real I’d gladly send them 10 back for him.

Calvin Ridley is a good player tough situation. It’s a gamble for a guy who needs to rehab his mind to the point football can be his sole focus. Can he do that in the bright lights of New York? That’s usually the place that breaks people mentally not builds them back up.

What legitimate TEs might be available for trade? Ertz is off the market as is the Philly TE who had a career day against us. Schultes I suppose could be a tag and trade guy. But I suspect it’s more likely they try and keep him and deal Cooper as he’s getting older and costs zillions. He’s also a guy I’d trade some mid round capital for. Lots of talent, getting a bit older, being over paid for recent production and frankly we are giving Dallas cap relief and that’s a big reason why he might be cheaper on the trade market than some other guys
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 05:54:33 AM by Libero_2 »
Need a new one for a new board...

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #264 on: January 25, 2022, 02:43:25 PM »
On 12/5 I took Kayvon to be the #1 pick at -110 odds.

Same book now was Hutchinson to be the #1 pick at -150 odds and Kayvon at +200

12/5
Kayvon -110

12/17
Hutch -150
Kayvon +200

1/25
Kayvon +165
Hutch +190
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #265 on: January 25, 2022, 05:00:54 PM »

12/5
Kayvon -110

12/17
Hutch -150
Kayvon +200

1/25
Kayvon +165
Hutch +190
Is kayvon still the best odds or are you excluding others

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #266 on: January 26, 2022, 09:08:36 AM »
Is kayvon still the best odds or are you excluding others

1/26

Kayvon +165
Hutch +185
Neal +210
Ekwonu +475
Pickett +3300

Bet is for #1 pick - Only players currently listed are above. BetOnline.com
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #267 on: January 26, 2022, 09:13:53 AM »
At those odds Pickett has to be worth a couple of bucks, it's far from unheard of for some QB needy team to fall in love with a guy during the run up and trade up to make sure they get him ahead of anyone else trading up.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #268 on: January 26, 2022, 09:16:08 AM »
At those odds Pickett has to be worth a couple of bucks, it's far from unheard of for some QB needy team to fall in love with a guy during the run up and trade up to make sure they get him ahead of anyone else trading up.

Nobody is trading up to 1 for Pickett....or any QB in this draft.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #269 on: January 26, 2022, 09:18:18 AM »
Nobody is trading up to 1 for Pickett....or any QB in this draft.

Probably not, but like I said - at those odds it's worth a couple of bucks. Lots of needy teams this year and pickings are slim.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: