Author Topic: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts  (Read 61921 times)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts
« Reply #1155 on: April 17, 2022, 08:59:25 PM »
Yeah, on second thought, I agree, LB should be ahead of safety.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #1156 on: April 17, 2022, 09:55:17 PM »
i know there isn't an agenda but i think it's funny how nearly all media/analyst mocks have come to the conclusion that KT is either going before 4 or being passed by the jets and going to the giants at 5

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1157 on: April 17, 2022, 10:14:14 PM »
i know there isn't an agenda but i think it's funny how nearly all media/analyst mocks have come to the conclusion that KT is either going before 4 or being passed by the jets and going to the giants at 5
Mortensen basically said the Jets wouldn't take him even at 10. Yet we're working him out. So either the Jets are putting out a lot of disinformation or we don't like KT. I'm hoping it's disinformation.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1158 on: April 17, 2022, 10:48:48 PM »
From January to late April...i'm not believing anything a coach or GM says about anything.

All i know is, LB wasn't addressed in FA....and we're not going into the season just with Mosley, Quincy Williams and whoever is pencilled in at weakside LB (insert some random bum here).

As far as safety goes....Whitehead, Joyner, Davis and Pinnock is a serviceable group.  If anyone thinks safety is a bigger need than LB, hasn't been paying attention.

I don’t disagree with you. I think our weakest position group top to bottom is LB followed by RB. But the words from Saleh indicate they want us to fix the IDL because the LBs are solid. I’ve been predicting a smokescreen there the entire time to mask our intentions to draft Dean or Lloyd in the first, because aside from Solomon Thomas we haven’t done a damn thing for the idl rotation this off-season either.

But H is right, we primarily play two guys and we have two developmental wills that we seem to really like, I have seen no evidence that Sherwood is good, but they seem to be operating as if he is, despite the Achilles. I think we need two guys, one to challenge for time now and one to take Mosleys job next year. Theoretically, that could be the same guy, but that depends on Quincy Williams being a quality starter and Sherwood and/Nasirldeen making significant strides in year 2
Need a new one for a new board...

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1159 on: April 17, 2022, 10:52:18 PM »
Mortensen basically said the Jets wouldn't take him even at 10. Yet we're working him out. So either the Jets are putting out a lot of disinformation or we don't like KT. I'm hoping it's disinformation.

Everything is a smokescreen this time of year.

I think that we are doing due diligence to figure out if we can work with him.

Whomever it is, I hope our edge 2 is on the board at 4 whether that’s Thibs/Walker or even Johnson… because I can’t see any scenario where Hutchinson isn’t our #1 player and short of him killing a man between now and next week he will be going top 3.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1160 on: April 19, 2022, 07:17:04 AM »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1161 on: April 19, 2022, 07:56:33 AM »
Here's a 3 round mock where McShay and Kiper alternate picks

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2022/insider/story/_/id/33761722/three-round-nfl-mock-draft-2022-mel-kiper-todd-mcshay-predict-top-105-picks-alternating-all-32-teams

4. Sauce Gardner (Kiper)
10. Drake London (Kiper)
35. Boye Mafe (McShay)
38. Kenneth Walker III (Kiper)
69. Bernhard Raimann (McShay)
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1162 on: April 19, 2022, 12:25:08 PM »
I would be floored if Mafe or Raimann are there at those spots. But it’s a damn good looking draft on paper if did that.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1163 on: April 19, 2022, 12:50:04 PM »
Are there any players in this draft who you'd be pissed if were on the board at 4 and we trade back?  Hutchinson maybe.

#tradedowntwice2022

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #1164 on: April 19, 2022, 01:24:55 PM »
Are there any players in this draft who you'd be pissed if were on the board at 4 and we trade back?  Hutchinson maybe.

Scoring a 2023 first rounder would be a win in almost any scenario for me, excluding passing on Hutchinson.

I've said it before, but I want two first rounders in every draft until we're positive we're set at quarterback. 

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1165 on: April 19, 2022, 01:38:32 PM »
Scoring a 2023 first rounder would be a win in almost any scenario for me, excluding passing on Hutchinson.

I've said it before, but I want two first rounders in every draft until we're positive we're set at quarterback. 

Trade Ashtyn Davis to Seattle.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1166 on: April 19, 2022, 02:00:50 PM »

I think that's a big reason the Eagles made the trade they did, and I think it's really smart.

I would love to trade down from 4 or 10. Either would be a home run for me. Thibodeaux and Hutchinson are the only guys I would even have to think about passing up for a trade.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1167 on: April 19, 2022, 02:10:08 PM »
I think that's a big reason the Eagles made the trade they did, and I think it's really smart.

I would love to trade down from 4 or 10. Either would be a home run for me. Thibodeaux and Hutchinson are the only guys I would even have to think about passing up for a trade.

How does it help us be better now? How does kicking the can down the road help Zach this season?

Douglas is halfway through his contract. He's done a good job so far, but if Zach doesn't earn another contract with us then Douglas won't have one either. Parlaying high current picks into future ones just in case Zach needs to be replaced makes no sense.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1168 on: April 19, 2022, 02:20:50 PM »

https://twitter.com/vikesinsider/status/1516480385068290054?s=20&t=L3X4OAFs9iQwZsseKzzGaw

yes, i'm aware this is smokescreen season.  But i could see big Joe fleecing the Vikes new GM.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #1169 on: April 19, 2022, 02:26:52 PM »
Parlaying high current picks into future ones just in case Zach needs to be replaced makes no sense.

It's not only just in case Zach busts.  This is by all accounts a pretty weak draft.  Selling picks in a weak draft for picks in a much stronger draft helps the franchise long term.  What will help Zach more in the next couple years: Travon Walker right now, or maybe Tyler Linderbaum right now and Jaxon Smith-Njigba next season? 

I'd feel very differently if we were trotting Zach out behind the 2019 line, or we had Jeff Smith and Ryan Griffin and Frank Gore as our primary pass catchers, or if we only had one pick in the top 40 to get him some more help.  But we're overloaded with draft capital this year, and it's a weak year.  It makes sense to push some into next season. 

Tags: