Author Topic: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts  (Read 61917 times)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts
« Reply #1140 on: April 17, 2022, 05:41:20 PM »
I don’t get the punter pick, but I’m not opposed to McDuffie at 10.

I trust our coaching staff to pick the right players for their scheme.
That part is fair. I don't like the positional value, but I do trust this staff to take guys who fit the system.

I think Saleh knows exactly what type of guys he's looking for in this system. I would just be completely shocked if that involved two top-10 defensive picks that aren't edge rushers.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1141 on: April 17, 2022, 06:06:37 PM »
I don’t get the punter pick, but I’m not opposed to McDuffie at 10.

I trust our coaching staff to pick the right players for their scheme.
Eh...Mann was in the bottom half of the league last year. Morstead was better.

I'm not going to die on a hill to defend the pick....but it's not like Mann is irreplaceable.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1142 on: April 17, 2022, 06:13:24 PM »

Pickens, Hall, Woods and Jurgens all help our QB....improving our D also helps our QB.

So I'm not sure what you're whining about.

Keep in mind Douglas signed 2 TEs and a Guard in FA too.

Jurgens is a 4th round center, the expectations for that pick should be approximately zero.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1143 on: April 17, 2022, 06:14:37 PM »

Jurgens is a 4th round center, the expectations for that pick should be approximately zero.
Of course...hes a depth pick
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1144 on: April 17, 2022, 06:21:50 PM »
I'd have to see what picks 1-8 were, and who was available at 4, before I can fully judge McDuffie/Lloyd in this scenario. 1st round does leave me underwhelmed but the 2nd picks it up.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1145 on: April 17, 2022, 06:28:06 PM »

Depending on who MB is replying to, he's either improving our offense, or he's a depth pick.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1146 on: April 17, 2022, 06:30:01 PM »
Eh...Mann was in the bottom half of the league last year. Morstead was better.

I'm not going to die on a hill to defend the pick....but it's not like Mann is irreplaceable.
I just think it's atrocious to draft a punter at all. The fact that Douglas drafted a punter 2 years ago and he was outperformed by someone we signed off the street is the best proof as to why drafting a punter is a terrible idea.

Don't want to go overboard on this pick because I don't expect anyone here to be able to break down options in the 5th round. But drafting punters is rarely a good idea if ever.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1147 on: April 17, 2022, 06:30:28 PM »
Get on old fart free agent punter.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1148 on: April 17, 2022, 06:31:34 PM »
I just think it's atrocious to draft a punter at all. The fact that Douglas drafted a punter 2 years ago and he was outperformed by someone we signed off the street is the best proof as to why drafting a punter is a terrible idea.

Don't want to go overboard on this pick because I don't expect anyone here to be able to break down options in the 5th round. But drafting punters is rarely a good idea if ever.
Like I said...im not dying on this hill.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1149 on: April 17, 2022, 06:40:40 PM »
Depending on who MB is replying to, he's either improving our offense, or he's a depth pick.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1150 on: April 17, 2022, 06:47:56 PM »
I think if you ranked our needs entering the draft, it's something like...

1. EDGE
2. WR
---------
3. Safety
4. RB
5. LB
6. DT
7. OT (could rise if we don't trust Becton)
8. CB
9. Center
--------
everything else

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1151 on: April 17, 2022, 06:49:14 PM »
I think if you ranked our needs entering the draft, it's something like...

1. EDGE
2. WR
---------
3. Safety
4. RB
5. LB
6. DT
7. OT (could rise if we don't trust Becton)
8. CB
9. Center
--------
everything else
Safety isn't a bigger need than LB or CB

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1152 on: April 17, 2022, 07:25:08 PM »
Safety isn't a bigger need than LB or CB

According to Salehs explanation of our defense he wants solid #2 to low #1 CBs and above average safeties. By my count we have 3 potential #2 CBs and 1 starting safety.

And also by some weird fucked up reason the “smoke” out there is that the Jets think their LBs are fine and their interior Dline was trash last year which made the LBs look terrible. If that’s not bullshit and is actually what the Jets believe (I couldn’t disagree more…) one might need to put DT at need 3 and S at need 4 and LB at need 6 where we are looking for a potential future replacement for Mosely.

I don’t agree at all mind you. I think if we get “our edge” at 4 and move JFM inside that helps with that a lot. But if Saleh disagrees we might be looking at a Perrion Winfrey/Devonte Wyatt/Travis Jones early in round 2.
Need a new one for a new board...

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1153 on: April 17, 2022, 08:36:05 PM »
According to Salehs explanation of our defense he wants solid #2 to low #1 CBs and above average safeties. By my count we have 3 potential #2 CBs and 1 starting safety.

And also by some weird fucked up reason the “smoke” out there is that the Jets think their LBs are fine and their interior Dline was trash last year which made the LBs look terrible. If that’s not bullshit and is actually what the Jets believe (I couldn’t disagree more…) one might need to put DT at need 3 and S at need 4 and LB at need 6 where we are looking for a potential future replacement for Mosely.

I don’t agree at all mind you. I think if we get “our edge” at 4 and move JFM inside that helps with that a lot. But if Saleh disagrees we might be looking at a Perrion Winfrey/Devonte Wyatt/Travis Jones early in round 2.

From January to late April...i'm not believing anything a coach or GM says about anything.

All i know is, LB wasn't addressed in FA....and we're not going into the season just with Mosley, Quincy Williams and whoever is pencilled in at weakside LB (insert some random bum here).

As far as safety goes....Whitehead, Joyner, Davis and Pinnock is a serviceable group.  If anyone thinks safety is a bigger need than LB, hasn't been paying attention.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1154 on: April 17, 2022, 08:43:37 PM »
If we are a base nickel team, we should only have two LBs on the field in most situations.  With that said, we need to upgrade the position.

I keep seeing talk (from Derek Smalls) about what we’re going to do at tackle if Becton doesn’t work or if Fant leaves…

CJ Mosley is likely done here after this season.  We can’t keep that contract.  We need to draft a player to learn from him.

He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tags: