Author Topic: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts  (Read 61915 times)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts
« Reply #1125 on: April 17, 2022, 02:39:50 PM »
McDuffie is right there with Gardner and Stingley

There’s an argument to be made that he’s the most pro-ready defensive back in this draft class.

How can Pickens not compete right away?  He’s coming from a pro-style offense that plays in the most talented conference.  He’s just as ready as any receiver in this group.
I think he's slightly below Gardner and Stingley, and I'm not sold on taking a cornerback in the top 10 anyway, so taking my 3rd-best CB in the top 10 is not something I'm interested in.

Pickens has a ton of upside, but I think he is a boom/bust receiver. His production was never great. He's coming off a year where he barely played. I think he needs work on his technique. There are a lot of questions with Pickens. If he puts it together, he can be the best receiver in the draft, but I'm not fully sold at 35. I probably shouldn't say I "hate" that pick, but I don't love his fit for what we need.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1126 on: April 17, 2022, 02:42:30 PM »
I love trading down, but I hate this mock so much. McDuffie at 9 is a reach. I love Devin Lloyd, but if we draft a LB and a non-Gardner/Stingley CB in the top 10, I would hate it.

Pickens has upside, but we need someone to compete right away, and I hate that pick at 35.

The rest of the draft is fine, but I hate the first 3 picks. This is one of the worst Jets mocks I've seen.
Oh man...I hope this mock comes true so much now.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1127 on: April 17, 2022, 02:55:42 PM »
Oh man...I hope this mock comes true so much now.
The mock could end up working out fine. Pickens could be a star, and Ebikitie could answer our edge issues.

But I think our goal at 4 and 10 should be to help our pass rush and to help our young QB, and you have done neither. So I can't like it at all.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1128 on: April 17, 2022, 03:01:00 PM »
The mock could end up working out fine. Pickens could be a star, and Ebikitie could answer our edge issues.

But I think our goal at 4 and 10 should be to help our pass rush and to help our young QB, and you have done neither. So I can't like it at all.
Pickens, Hall, Woods and Jurgens all help our QB....improving our D also helps our QB.

So I'm not sure what you're whining about.

Keep in mind Douglas signed 2 TEs and a Guard in FA too.

"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1129 on: April 17, 2022, 04:12:58 PM »

getting a shutdown corner and potentially the best LB in the draft (one that can cover TEs btw.....) helps our pass rush.  I thought you were smarter than this?

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1130 on: April 17, 2022, 04:28:14 PM »
getting a shutdown corner and potentially the best LB in the draft (one that can cover TEs btw.....) helps our pass rush.  I thought you were smarter than this?
Yes, when I think improving a pass rush, I think cornerbacks and off-ball linebackers. I thought you were smarter than that. Obviously, if you improve part of a defense, other parts improve along with it, but you're not addressing the pass rush.

Maybe we should draft a punter because a punter helps field position, which helps out Zach Wilson AND our defense.

I love Devin Lloyd as a prospect. I can get behind him OR a CB in the top 10, but even then I don't love it.

If any other non-Jets person posted a mock where we left the 1st round without an edge rusher or offensive player, you would rightly skewer them.

We've needed an edge rusher for nearly two decades. Get me an edge rusher. And if the edge rushers are gone, get me someone who can help Zach Wilson's development.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1131 on: April 17, 2022, 04:31:59 PM »
Yes, when I think improving a pass rush, I think cornerbacks and off-ball linebackers. I thought you were smarter than that. Obviously, if you improve part of a defense, other parts improve along with it, but you're not addressing the pass rush.

Maybe we should draft a punter because a punter helps field position, which helps out Zach Wilson AND our defense.

I love Devin Lloyd as a prospect. I can get behind him OR a CB in the top 10, but even then I don't love it.

If any other non-Jets person posted a mock where we left the 1st round without an edge rusher or offensive player, you would rightly skewer them.

We've needed an edge rusher for nearly two decades. Get me an edge rusher. And if the edge rushers are gone, get me someone who can help Zach Wilson's development.

I addressed WR and EDGE in the 2nd round...because it's one of many plausible scenarios.  This particular mock Hutch/Thibs went in the top 3...so i traded back.  Which allowed me to pick up an additional 2nd rounder....which i used on one of the best HBs in the draft (moar help for Zach).

Pickens and Ebiketie fill the need if the board doesn't fall the way you want it to.  This draft is loaded at WR. 

All opinions are welcome, especially the negative ones.  But don't act like EDGE/WR weren't addressed just because they weren't in the first round.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 04:37:16 PM by MBGreen »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1132 on: April 17, 2022, 04:34:11 PM »
If i were here to make you happy, Mack...i would've traded 4 and 10 to Seattle for Geno Smith.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1133 on: April 17, 2022, 04:41:19 PM »
I addressed WR and EDGE in the 2nd round...because it's one of many plausible scenarios.  This particular mock Hutch/Thibs went in the top 3...so i traded back. 

Pickens and Eberketie fill the need if the board doesn't fall the way you want it to.  This draft is loaded at WR. 

All opinions are welcome, especially the negative ones.  But don't act like EDGE/WR weren't addressed just because they weren't in the first round. 
"All opinions are welcome, especially the negative ones, but I will call you an idiot if you disagree."

I am well aware you took guys in the 2nd round. This is just a very underwhelming draft for me. That's all. It doesn't mean it can't work out. Any draft can work out if the players work out.

I just think that in a nutshell, when you're trying to rebuild a roster, taking a LB and a CB in the top 10 is terrible resource management, especially the way this defense is run. Taking two top-10 picks on defense and neither one being an edge rusher makes me want to vomit.

If we don't get an edge in the top 10, I'm totally good with Ebikitie in the 2nd round. I said I hate the Pickens pick, but that's more because I want a more sure thing with that pick. I think Pickens has a high chance of busting for a 2nd-round pick. He has upside to be the best WR in the draft, which is why he's likely a 2nd-round pick, but I don't really want a boom/bust guy with that pick, unless we're doubling down at WR in another round later.

Also, I just saw you drafted a punter. That might pee me off more than drafting a LB and the 3rd-best CB in the top 10. Drafting two punters in a 3-year when your team is 13-36 under your watch (and 6-27 when you've had a full offseason) is like taking Christian Hackenberg as your QB of the future.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1134 on: April 17, 2022, 04:42:37 PM »
If i were here to make you happy, Mack...i would've traded 4 and 10 to Seattle for Geno Smith.
Just because you posted the worst mock draft in the history of TGG/YDKF/TJO doesn't mean you need to get mad at me.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1135 on: April 17, 2022, 04:48:29 PM »
Just because you posted the worst mock draft in the history of TGG/YDKF/TJO doesn't mean you need to get mad at me.
I'm not mad...your opinion is weak. That's a you issue.

I really hope JD and I are aligned...that mock checks all the important boxes.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 04:57:17 PM by MBGreen »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1136 on: April 17, 2022, 04:49:54 PM »
"All opinions are welcome, especially the negative ones, but I will call you an idiot if you disagree."

I am well aware you took guys in the 2nd round. This is just a very underwhelming draft for me. That's all. It doesn't mean it can't work out. Any draft can work out if the players work out.

I just think that in a nutshell, when you're trying to rebuild a roster, taking a LB and a CB in the top 10 is terrible resource management, especially the way this defense is run. Taking two top-10 picks on defense and neither one being an edge rusher makes me want to vomit.

If we don't get an edge in the top 10, I'm totally good with Ebikitie in the 2nd round. I said I hate the Pickens pick, but that's more because I want a more sure thing with that pick. I think Pickens has a high chance of busting for a 2nd-round pick. He has upside to be the best WR in the draft, which is why he's likely a 2nd-round pick, but I don't really want a boom/bust guy with that pick, unless we're doubling down at WR in another round later.

Also, I just saw you drafted a punter. That might pee me off more than drafting a LB and the 3rd-best CB in the top 10. Drafting two punters in a 3-year when your team is 13-36 under your watch (and 6-27 when you've had a full offseason) is like taking Christian Hackenberg as your QB of the future.
LB and CB are needs because our D is currently garbage.

Only an idiot would think otherwise.

Pickens isn't boom or bust.... lol

Nobody is a sure thing. Is this your first draft?

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1137 on: April 17, 2022, 05:21:14 PM »
LB and CB are needs because our D is currently garbage.

Only an idiot would think otherwise.

Pickens isn't boom or bust.... lol

Nobody is a sure thing. Is this your first draft?
Of course LB and CB are needs. That doesn't mean you need to take them in the 1st round.

Our D is garbage because our defense is built on getting a pass rush, and we had no pass rush last year.

The two most important goals for this franchise in this draft are to help out Zach Wilson and to get a pass rush, and you took a LB and a CB in the 1st round, and you drafted a punter in the 5th round.

I know there's no sure things in the draft. I'm just not a huge Pickens fan at 35. And I hate what you did in the 1st round. And I hate that you drafted a punter. I'm fine with your other picks, but the 1st-round (and drafting a punter) are so bad, that this draft is irredeemable.

Obviously, it could work out because any draft can work out if the players work out. But this ain't it.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1138 on: April 17, 2022, 05:32:35 PM »
Of course LB and CB are needs. That doesn't mean you need to take them in the 1st round.

Our D is garbage because our defense is built on getting a pass rush, and we had no pass rush last year.

The two most important goals for this franchise in this draft are to help out Zach Wilson and to get a pass rush, and you took a LB and a CB in the 1st round, and you drafted a punter in the 5th round.

I know there's no sure things in the draft. I'm just not a huge Pickens fan at 35. And I hate what you did in the 1st round. And I hate that you drafted a punter. I'm fine with your other picks, but the 1st-round (and drafting a punter) are so bad, that this draft is irredeemable.

Obviously, it could work out because any draft can work out if the players work out. But this ain't it.
I love what I did in the first round even more now.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1139 on: April 17, 2022, 05:38:02 PM »
I don’t get the punter pick, but I’m not opposed to McDuffie at 10.

I trust our coaching staff to pick the right players for their scheme.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tags: