Author Topic: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts  (Read 61915 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts
« Reply #1110 on: April 13, 2022, 03:38:39 PM »
He traded Mekhi Becton in that scenario

Jesus I can't read.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1111 on: April 13, 2022, 03:48:32 PM »
I keep reading that the Jets love Ekwonu from various Jets sources. If that's the case, I think we should trade Becton for a 2nd-round pick. I imagine Douglas already would have talked to a couple teams to gauge his value just in case.

The benefit of doing that is that as of now, we don't have an OT we can trust on the roster in 2023. Fant is a FA, and Becton is still a question mark. With a young QB, it's vital we lock down the OL to protect him and build a running game, and Ekwonu is a better prospect than Becton even if you aren't worried about Becton's injuries.

If Hutchinson and Thibodeaux are gone, there's nobody I'm really in love with at 4, and I don't even know if the Jets will take Thibodeaux at 4 even if he's there. Ekwonu would be the BPA if he's there at 4. And we likely would need to take an OT on Day 2 in order to basically be a backup plan for Becton. Taking Ekwonu would severely lessen that need, and Becton (or Fant) is good enough to be dealt for quality draft picks IMO.

I like Jermaine Johnson, but I'm not sure he's worth the #4 overall pick. I like Travon Walker, but I'd rather have a pure edge who can get after the quarterback. I like the DBs, but I don't want to spend a top-5 pick on a defensive back. I love Ekwonu.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1112 on: April 13, 2022, 04:07:21 PM »
Ekwonu is a better prospect than Becton even if you aren't worried about Becton's injuries

I disagree with this
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1113 on: April 13, 2022, 04:42:40 PM »
No way in hell I'd trade Becton this year.  He is too talented to give up on this soon.  When he's on the field, he's really good.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1114 on: April 13, 2022, 07:15:32 PM »
Would be awesome if Ekwonu and Neal were on the board at 4 and the Jets trade back a few spots so another team can get him.  Maybe move back to 8 with ATL and pick up a second rounder.  A few guys on the board at 4 will still be there for the Jets at 8 I think.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1115 on: April 13, 2022, 08:13:06 PM »
Would be awesome if Ekwonu and Neal were on the board at 4 and the Jets trade back a few spots so another team can get him.  Maybe move back to 8 with ATL and pick up a second rounder.  A few guys on the board at 4 will still be there for the Jets at 8 I think.

I believe we get 1 OT 1 QB and one defender off the board 5-6-7. Could you imagine sliding back with Sauce/an edge on the board to 8 and getting one of those two at 8 plus some bonus picks?
Need a new one for a new board...

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1116 on: April 15, 2022, 08:28:13 AM »
Albert Breer mocked the first 12 picks....

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/04/15/game-plan-mock-first-12-picks-league-rumors

4. Ickey Ekwonu

Edge rusher is a need. Corner is too, and we saw GM Joe Douglas take a swing at getting Zach Wilson a weapon in the Jets’ bid for Tyreek Hill. But there’s still a feeling he’ll take an offensive lineman in the first round for the third time in as many years as GM with one of his two first-round picks. And Ekwonu, a real mauler, is the one I’ve heard the Jets connected to most.

The logic on Ekwonu, tied to his positional flexibility, makes sense. There’s real concern on 2020 first-rounder Mekhi Becton, and whether he’ll be the long-term answer at left tackle. Taking Ekwonu would give the Jets an insurance policy in case Becton washes out. And if Becton can grow up a little and start to fulfill his immense potential? Well, then the Jets could kick Ekwonu into guard, a position many teams feel is his most natural NFL spot, and a place where some feel like he has all-pro potential.

And sure, this is high for a guard. But sixth was, too, and we’ve seen what’s become of Quenton Nelson in Indianapolis.

10. Drake London

You can cut and paste what I said about the Giants. I think Douglas will try to make a trade with one of his two picks, to pick up capital and maybe position himself for 2023 as well.

If they stick here, I could see the Jets catching a falling Gardner or Thibodeaux, or maybe even Stingley. Absent that, I think this a spot where help could come for Zach Wilson, if all the receivers are sitting there for the Jets. In this scenario, they are, and this is the range where both USC’s Drake London and Ohio State’s Garrett Wilson are pegged to be in play (and maybe Alabama’s Jameson Williams, too, based on teams’ comfort level with his ACL).

I’ll take the guy, then, who I believe best complements their current foundation of Elijah Moore and Braxton Berrios at the position, and get Mike LaFleur his prototype “X.”
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1117 on: April 15, 2022, 08:29:27 AM »
does Breer know we have Tomlinson and AVT at guard?  lazy reporting
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #1118 on: April 15, 2022, 07:45:58 PM »
Albert Breer mocked the first 12 picks....

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/04/15/game-plan-mock-first-12-picks-league-rumors

4. Ickey Ekwonu

Edge rusher is a need. Corner is too, and we saw GM Joe Douglas take a swing at getting Zach Wilson a weapon in the Jets’ bid for Tyreek Hill. But there’s still a feeling he’ll take an offensive lineman in the first round for the third time in as many years as GM with one of his two first-round picks. And Ekwonu, a real mauler, is the one I’ve heard the Jets connected to most.

The logic on Ekwonu, tied to his positional flexibility, makes sense. There’s real concern on 2020 first-rounder Mekhi Becton, and whether he’ll be the long-term answer at left tackle. Taking Ekwonu would give the Jets an insurance policy in case Becton washes out. And if Becton can grow up a little and start to fulfill his immense potential? Well, then the Jets could kick Ekwonu into guard, a position many teams feel is his most natural NFL spot, and a place where some feel like he has all-pro potential.

And sure, this is high for a guard. But sixth was, too, and we’ve seen what’s become of Quenton Nelson in Indianapolis.

10. Drake London

You can cut and paste what I said about the Giants. I think Douglas will try to make a trade with one of his two picks, to pick up capital and maybe position himself for 2023 as well.

If they stick here, I could see the Jets catching a falling Gardner or Thibodeaux, or maybe even Stingley. Absent that, I think this a spot where help could come for Zach Wilson, if all the receivers are sitting there for the Jets. In this scenario, they are, and this is the range where both USC’s Drake London and Ohio State’s Garrett Wilson are pegged to be in play (and maybe Alabama’s Jameson Williams, too, based on teams’ comfort level with his ACL).

I’ll take the guy, then, who I believe best complements their current foundation of Elijah Moore and Braxton Berrios at the position, and get Mike LaFleur his prototype “X.”
If a person has a three paragraph explanation for the IK pick and the only argument is “IDK, insurance I guess” then that person really didn’t do a good job at all. Ignoring our existing guards is so dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1119 on: April 15, 2022, 10:50:03 PM »
I'd be really underwhelmed with that 1st round. And I like Ekwonu.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1120 on: April 16, 2022, 01:40:02 PM »
I'd be really underwhelmed with that 1st round. And I like Ekwonu.
I'd be fine with it. I'm fine with any of the receivers at 10. Ekwonu isn't my first choice at 4, but outside of Thibodeaux, I don't really see a home run pick at 4.

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #1121 on: April 16, 2022, 01:55:41 PM »
I'd be fine with it. I'm fine with any of the receivers at 10. Ekwonu isn't my first choice at 4, but outside of Thibodeaux, I don't really see a home run pick at 4.

Similar thought here.
I think KT or Walker is the pick at 4 unless theyre both gone in top 3. Then I'd bet on Ekwonu over Sauce being the choice. I'm okay with any of those 4, but like Badger I'd be underwhelmed with a couple of them.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1122 on: April 17, 2022, 11:01:15 AM »
I wanted to do one more quick mock while thinking outside the box.  The bulk of my mocks always involved taking a WR at 10,  i wanted to see what i could do if i took a different approach.  So i traded back from 4 to 9 with Seattle, picking up their 2nd rounder from Denver (pick 40).

i think i hit a few HRs here....McDuffie and Lloyd instantly lock down our defense.  Pickens is an underrated 6'3 burner and Ebiketie will slide in nicely opposite of Carl Lawson.  Hall, Joseph, and Jurgens fill some needed gaps as well.  Jelani Woods could be some late round gold.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 11:08:52 AM by MBGreen »

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1123 on: April 17, 2022, 02:21:10 PM »
I love trading down, but I hate this mock so much. McDuffie at 9 is a reach. I love Devin Lloyd, but if we draft a LB and a non-Gardner/Stingley CB in the top 10, I would hate it.

Pickens has upside, but we need someone to compete right away, and I hate that pick at 35.

The rest of the draft is fine, but I hate the first 3 picks. This is one of the worst Jets mocks I've seen.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1124 on: April 17, 2022, 02:23:34 PM »
McDuffie is right there with Gardner and Stingley

There’s an argument to be made that he’s the most pro-ready defensive back in this draft class.

How can Pickens not compete right away?  He’s coming from a pro-style offense that plays in the most talented conference.  He’s just as ready as any receiver in this group.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tags: