Author Topic: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts  (Read 61912 times)

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
Re: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts
« Reply #1035 on: March 28, 2022, 06:41:41 PM »
Yeah but CBs aren't difference makers, I can't think of a single example of a time when a successful defense has been built around a corner and it would never work if you tried to do it in the NFL.

How quickly we forget about The Drew Coleman Archipelago. 

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1036 on: March 28, 2022, 06:57:16 PM »
How quickly we forget about The Drew Coleman Archipelago. 

I was really hoping for the Kyle Wilson Peninsula to become a thing, but alas.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1037 on: March 29, 2022, 11:33:34 AM »
Yeah but CBs aren't difference makers, I can't think of a single example of a time when a successful defense has been built around a corner and it would never work if you tried to do it in the NFL.
If Sauce is a Hall of Fame cornerback, he's worth the pick. If any of these guys are Hall of Famers, they are worth the pick. We might hate Kyle Hamilton, but if he's as good a safety as Revis was a cornerback, he's worth the #4.

But in general, I don't want a CB in the top 10. I am not as adamant against it as I used to be because the more I study Sauce, the more I like him, but I've said since Day 1 that our draft picks should either help our QB or help hit the opposing QB, and a cornerback doesn't really fill either need.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1038 on: March 29, 2022, 11:38:33 AM »
If Sauce is a Hall of Fame cornerback, he's worth the pick. If any of these guys are Hall of Famers, they are worth the pick. We might hate Kyle Hamilton, but if he's as good a safety as Revis was a cornerback, he's worth the #4.

But in general, I don't want a CB in the top 10. I am not as adamant against it as I used to be because the more I study Sauce, the more I like him, but I've said since Day 1 that our draft picks should either help our QB or help hit the opposing QB, and a cornerback doesn't really fill either need.

Now go back and re-read my post you quoted, but pretend I'd put /s all over it. Maybe read the first couple of replies to it as well if it's still unclear where I was going.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1039 on: March 29, 2022, 12:37:18 PM »
Now go back and re-read my post you quoted, but pretend I'd put /s all over it. Maybe read the first couple of replies to it as well if it's still unclear where I was going.
Yes, I think I understood where you were going. So much so that I literally mentioned the man's name in my post.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1040 on: March 30, 2022, 07:29:55 AM »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1041 on: March 30, 2022, 07:49:29 AM »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1042 on: March 30, 2022, 07:56:00 AM »
Tanny continuing his tradition of undervaluing EDGE for the Jets and waiting to address it later.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1043 on: March 30, 2022, 08:01:48 AM »
Tanny continuing his tradition of undervaluing EDGE for the Jets and waiting to address it later.

6 picks later....oh no the humanity!
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1044 on: March 30, 2022, 08:16:52 AM »
JJ at 10 is a nice consolation prize.

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #1045 on: March 30, 2022, 09:47:49 AM »
Uncle Tanny weighed in with his own mock

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2022/story/_/id/33621658/nfl-mock-draft-2022-mike-tannenbaum-gm-picks-32-first-round-selections-including-three-quarterbacks

4. Garrett Wilson
10. Jermaine Johnson

I would have no problem if this is what we walked away with.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1046 on: March 30, 2022, 09:49:08 AM »
I would have no problem if this is what we walked away with.

My only issue is that he passed on Thibs....but yes, i'm okay with this outcome as well.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1047 on: March 30, 2022, 09:57:32 AM »
The thing I have to keep reminding myself about the draft, is that it doesn’t matter who they draft or what kind of prospect they are/were on draft night. The staff believes in the guys they take, and actually has a plan for them. Just because I personally didn’t like them, doesn’t mean the staff can’t put them to good use in our system and develop them into solid players and contributors

Unlike the past few staffs, I trust Saleh and JD are on the same page, that there is a plan and that they actually will be able to execute it.
Need a new one for a new board...

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1048 on: March 30, 2022, 09:58:52 AM »
The thing I have to keep reminding myself about the draft, is that it doesn’t matter who they draft or what kind of prospect they are/were on draft night. The staff believes in the guys they take, and actually has a plan for them. Just because I personally didn’t like them, doesn’t mean the staff can’t put them to good use in our system and develop them into solid players and contributors

Unlike the past few staffs, I trust Saleh and JD are on the same page, that there is a plan and that they actually will be able to execute it.
I've said it before but for the last few years my attitude for the draft has been trying to minimize my own misery by being as open as possible to the pros of each possible high pick we could make.

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #1049 on: April 04, 2022, 12:35:07 PM »

Tags: