Author Topic: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts  (Read 61911 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts
« Reply #1020 on: March 28, 2022, 08:56:48 AM »
I need to see this

35. CB - Kyler Gordon
38. LB - Christian Harris
69. OT - Abraham Lucas
111. S - Nick Cross
117. G/C - Dylan Parham
146. WR - Velus Jones Jr.
163. K - Cameron "Big Dick" Dicker

Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1021 on: March 28, 2022, 08:59:54 AM »
We gotta draft Dicker.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1022 on: March 28, 2022, 09:02:10 AM »
We gotta draft Dicker.
We better not draft anyone named Kyler.  That's the name of mentally challenged NASCAR fan.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1023 on: March 28, 2022, 09:07:08 AM »
35. CB - Kyler Gordon
69. OT - Abraham Lucas
111. S - Nick Cross
117. G/C - Dylan Parham

I see Matt Miller made all the picks.  He continues to be horrible at his job.  Hopefully ESPN fires him.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1024 on: March 28, 2022, 09:07:37 AM »
I see Matt Miller made all the picks.  He continues to be horrible at his job.  Hopefully ESPN fires him.

I tried to shield you from this.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1025 on: March 28, 2022, 10:30:18 AM »

I’m not sure anyone on that list truly excites me after Walker. I have most of this

35. CB - Kyler Gordon
69. OT - Abraham Lucas
111. S - Nick Cross
117. G/C - Dylan Parham

Need a new one for a new board...

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1026 on: March 28, 2022, 10:58:50 AM »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1027 on: March 28, 2022, 11:02:54 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/nyjets/status/1508454613619462154

How does this guy have a job?

By virtue of the same thing happening every year. The closer we get to the draft the fewer draft permutations are left unpublished and so they have to trot out increasingly unlikely ones, because they get more attention and clicks than rolling out the same one half a dozen guys have already used and discussed in detail.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1028 on: March 28, 2022, 01:19:25 PM »
played around with the PFF mock draft simulator, now that trades are unlocked.  I traded down twice from #4

I was hoping to get Travon Walker at 12, but the Commanders took him at 11.  Still liked my haul.

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #1029 on: March 28, 2022, 02:41:12 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48crQHGPy34

Kiper and McShay just live streamed their latest mock:
4. Walker
10. Sauce

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #1030 on: March 28, 2022, 03:00:35 PM »
I'm just really against going corner in round 1 after the Reed signing.  Too many holes on this team for me to give up on finding out if Echols or Hall can develop for us. 

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1031 on: March 28, 2022, 03:02:24 PM »
I'm just really against going corner in round 1 after the Reed signing.  Too many holes on this team for me to give up on finding out if Echols or Hall can develop for us. 

Reed is a #2 CB

If we can get a top corner, especially now that we have to deal with Hill/Waddle and Diggs 2x a year, it makes sense

Corner is a premium position

There's nothing wrong with Hall/Echols being rotational depth
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #1032 on: March 28, 2022, 03:22:06 PM »
Reed is a #2 CB

If we can get a top corner, especially now that we have to deal with Hill/Waddle and Diggs 2x a year, it makes sense

Corner is a premium position

There's nothing wrong with Hall/Echols being rotational depth

But how many times last summer did we hear Saleh say that the breadth of talent in the NFL isn't as wide as it seems and the difference sometimes comes down to whomever gets those reps and opportunities?  I believe it.  Do I believe more reps will help Tim Ward turn into a starter?  Nah, not really.  Denzel Mims?  freak no.  But we have some genuine prospects at cornerback and it seems totally countercultural to reward their promising development in 2021 by letting them split a dozen snaps a week in 2022.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1033 on: March 28, 2022, 04:54:03 PM »
But how many times last summer did we hear Saleh say that the breadth of talent in the NFL isn't as wide as it seems and the difference sometimes comes down to whomever gets those reps and opportunities?  I believe it.  Do I believe more reps will help Tim Ward turn into a starter?  Nah, not really.  Denzel Mims?  freak no.  But we have some genuine prospects at cornerback and it seems totally countercultural to reward their promising development in 2021 by letting them split a dozen snaps a week in 2022.

The counterpoint to that is, after a year of working with everyone, maybe Saleh and co just don’t think these guys truly have the chops to be starters and feel they are more Tim ward than potentially a DJ Reed?

It also might not be about Hall or Echols and might be they think Sauce is the top player in the draft and they can get him at 4 (or maybe 10 after getting a pass rusher) and they just can’t pass up that  kind of value despite what they already have on the roster?

In general, I agree with you. If they have Sauce as a guy they think is a solid starter to potentially top 15-20 CB in the league one day, they can get better value for this roster somewhere else. But if they think the CB they take has top 5 potential at the position, I think you just have to take that guy when he’s on the board for you (at essentially any position)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 04:55:34 PM by Libero_2 »
Need a new one for a new board...

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1034 on: March 28, 2022, 05:02:19 PM »
The counterpoint to that is, after a year of working with everyone, maybe Saleh and co just don’t think these guys truly have the chops to be starters and feel they are more Tim ward than potentially a DJ Reed?

It also might not be about Hall or Echols and might be they think Sauce is the top player in the draft and they can get him at 4 (or maybe 10 after getting a pass rusher) and they just can’t pass up that  kind of value despite what they already have on the roster?

In general, I agree with you. If they have Sauce as a guy they think is a solid starter to potentially top 15-20 CB in the league one day, they can get better value for this roster somewhere else. But if they think the CB they take has top 5 potential at the position, I think you just have to take that guy when he’s on the board for you (at essentially any position)

Yeah but CBs aren't difference makers, I can't think of a single example of a time when a successful defense has been built around a corner and it would never work if you tried to do it in the NFL.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: