Author Topic: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts  (Read 61922 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts
« Reply #990 on: March 25, 2022, 12:04:01 PM »
Were those old mocks from before we signed him?
Some people are still doing it - but they're just mocks, not real indicators of what's gonna happen.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #991 on: March 25, 2022, 12:07:22 PM »
The first five picks should be Thibs, Hutch, Walker, Ickey, and Neal in some order. Worst case scenario for us is the three edge rushers going in order to start the draft.

Just had a quick look back and the last time someone didn't make a slightly eyebrow raising pick in the top 3 was probably 2017. So odds are good that someone will do the mildly unexpected again this year.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #992 on: March 25, 2022, 12:08:23 PM »
Just had a quick look back and the last time someone didn't make a slightly eyebrow raising pick in the top 3 was probably 2017. So odds are good that someone will do the mildly unexpected again this year.
Trubisky was eyebrow raising, I thought.

So I'd say 2016.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 12:10:13 PM by Badger »

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #993 on: March 25, 2022, 12:10:14 PM »
Were those old mocks from before we signed him?  That or tards that don't know anything about the Jets.

These are all recent mocks and I wouldn't say that it's exclusively tards making them.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #994 on: March 25, 2022, 12:12:01 PM »
Then it's Sauce time

Yes, but if we don't take him at 4 I believe there's a better than decent chance he's still available at 10, which would make taking him at 4 mildly disappointing from a value standpoint (though I'd still be extremely excited about the player).

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #995 on: March 25, 2022, 12:12:20 PM »
Trubisky was eyebrow raising, I thought.

So I'd say 2016.

Yeah, maybe. And the last time the QB class was so weak might be 2014, and that was all over the place with mocks vs what actually happened.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #996 on: March 25, 2022, 12:14:51 PM »
This is a very reasonable scenario in my opinion and I would be over the moon if it happened:

1. JAX: Aidan Hutchinson, EDGE, Michigan
2. DET: Ickey Ekwonu, G/OT, NC State
3. HOU: Travon Walker, EDGE, Georgia
4. NYJ: Kayvon Thibodeaux, EDGE, Oregon
5. NYG: Evan Neal, OT, Alabama
6. CAR: Kenny Pickett, QB, Pittsburgh
7. NYG (from CHI): Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame
8. ATL: Malik Willis, QB, Liberty
9. SEA (from DEN): Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State
10. NYJ (from SEA): Sauce Gardner, CB, Cincinnati
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 12:19:19 PM by Andrew Ryan »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #997 on: March 25, 2022, 12:16:52 PM »
^I was just about to try to work out a scenario in which Gardner is there at 10.

As annoyed as I'd be, Wilson is also in the mix to go before 10.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #998 on: March 25, 2022, 12:20:08 PM »
^I was just about to try to work out a scenario in which Gardner is there at 10.

As annoyed as I'd be, Wilson is also in the mix to go before 10.

Wilson is a possibility for the Falcons at 8. Have to believe they'll go QB or WR before they go corner.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #999 on: March 25, 2022, 12:24:21 PM »
I'm going to be legitimately pissed if we take an OL at 4.

I'd be fine with it.  It would confirm our worst fears about Becton and that would suck, but if the FO doesn't believe in him then so be it.  I'll accept nearly any scenario that doesn't involve Conor McDermott taking meaningful snaps at tackle during this season.   

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1000 on: March 25, 2022, 01:42:58 PM »
I'd be fine with it.  It would confirm our worst fears about Becton and that would suck, but if the FO doesn't believe in him then so be it.  I'll accept nearly any scenario that doesn't involve Conor McDermott taking meaningful snaps at tackle during this season.
You can't keep Becton or the #4 overall pick on the bench this year.  The Jets aren't giving up on Becton before the draft.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1001 on: March 25, 2022, 03:00:34 PM »
And if we were the Giants, getting a really good defensive lineman would be awesome, because they have a promising edge rusher in Ojulari.  they could use an inside out player next to him/across from him. If we take Walker at 4, we’ll be exactly where we were in the early 2010s with Muh, Sheldon, and Coples, trying to manufacture a passrush and putting square pegs in round holes, wasting JFM, and, very possibly, still looking for an edge rusher.

And if passrush technique could be taught to make guys legit pro passrushers, there’d be a hell of a lot more guys with great traits and poor numbers who work out.

And who cares that is JJ two years older? His even limited tape at UGA showed exactly how good he was going to be if he was able to get on the field more than he did. You know exactly what you’re getting with JJ, an legit edge guy who plays the run well and produces every game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do agree with a lot of this with Walker. Walker reminds me a ton of the DL we've drafted in the 1st in the past who have been good players but not truly impactful players.

To Heis' point, our DL and our defense has slipped so much where we just need good players up front because we are not nearly as good as we were in the past.

But if we're thinking Walker is this 12+ sack guy, that does not seem likely early in his career. I think if you're taking a DL in the top 5, you need him to be a top pass rusher. Walker has the measurables to develop into that guy, but he does not seem to have an arsenal of pass rush moves right now, so it will take some time.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1002 on: March 25, 2022, 03:14:03 PM »
But if we're thinking Walker is this 12+ sack guy, that does not seem likely early in his career. I think if you're taking a DL in the top 5, you need him to be a top pass rusher. Walker has the measurables to develop into that guy, but he does not seem to have an arsenal of pass rush moves right now, so it will take some time.

I would draft him at 4 because it would make things easier on Williams, JFM, and hopefully Lawson.  His ability to slide with power and still control gaps allows linebackers to run free to the QB as well.

Georgia gets pressure with trickery.  Smart brings guys from everywhere, but they dominated opponents with fronts/stunts.

Dean, Tindall, and Beal harassed QBs because Davis, Walker, Carter, and Wyatt were so difficult to deal with.   

Walker, Davis, and Wyatt are all first rounders.  Carter will be a Top 10 overall prospect in 2023. 

In an ideal world, we get a top pass rusher like Thibs or Hutchinson, but they're probably gone.  I wouldn't take Walker over either of them. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 03:15:38 PM by Heismanberg »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

casman02

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #1003 on: March 25, 2022, 03:28:33 PM »
This is a very reasonable scenario in my opinion and I would be over the moon if it happened:

1. JAX: Aidan Hutchinson, EDGE, Michigan
2. DET: Ickey Ekwonu, G/OT, NC State
3. HOU: Travon Walker, EDGE, Georgia
4. NYJ: Kayvon Thibodeaux, EDGE, Oregon
5. NYG: Evan Neal, OT, Alabama
6. CAR: Kenny Pickett, QB, Pittsburgh
7. NYG (from CHI): Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame
8. ATL: Malik Willis, QB, Liberty
9. SEA (from DEN): Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State
10. NYJ (from SEA): Sauce Gardner, CB, Cincinnati

May I interest you in this
https://www.nfl.com/news/four-round-2022-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-qbs-malik-willis-kenny-pickett-go-top-three

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1004 on: March 25, 2022, 03:32:12 PM »
May I interest you in this
https://www.nfl.com/news/four-round-2022-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-qbs-malik-willis-kenny-pickett-go-top-three

I know the fanbase would collectively flip out if we took Walker over Thibs, but that is an awesome draft for us
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tags: