Author Topic: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts  (Read 61914 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts
« Reply #975 on: March 25, 2022, 10:30:17 AM »
He wasn't asked to rush the passer.  Georgia's true pass rushers the past two seasons were Olujari and then Anderson (who got arrested six or seven games into the 2021 season). 

I see a lot of stuff out there about his sack totals.  As a contain player and a DL that lined up at DE, DT, NT, and standup OLB, he had good production.

I'm not saying he is an elite pass rusher.  He's far from it.  He is an elite defensive end because of his traits and his ability to play every DL tech at a high level.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #976 on: March 25, 2022, 10:34:18 AM »
100%

Part of me thinks it would be entertaining to trade Carolina 38 to get to 6 and essentially have traded Darnold for the top CB in the class
Need a new one for a new board...

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #977 on: March 25, 2022, 10:40:16 AM »
I feel like we've drafted a lot of defensive linemen over the last decade or so with high picks because they'd got all sorts of elite traits, and they were just going to become pass rushing monsters when they got to the NFL.

Quinnen
Sheldon
Coples
Mo Wilk

And none of them really did, whether because the scheme didn't ask or allow them to or because they just didn't have it in them. I think we're well overdue drafting someone whose only purpose in life is to get off the edge and chase down the quarterback, instead of justifying to ourselves why all these other things they do so well are as important or why their other traits mean we can just teach them to be a pass rusher. I'm not saying you're wrong about Walker or that he can't learn to consistently get to the quarterback, I'd just like us to draft someone because they're already fantastic at it.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #978 on: March 25, 2022, 10:46:55 AM »
I've started to believe that Walker won't even be on the board when we pick.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #979 on: March 25, 2022, 10:53:34 AM »
I've started to believe that Walker won't even be on the board when we pick.

He shouldn't be

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #980 on: March 25, 2022, 11:02:18 AM »
I feel like we've drafted a lot of defensive linemen over the last decade or so with high picks because they'd got all sorts of elite traits, and they were just going to become pass rushing monsters when they got to the NFL.

Quinnen
Sheldon
Coples
Mo Wilk

And none of them really did, whether because the scheme didn't ask or allow them to or because they just didn't have it in them. I think we're well overdue drafting someone whose only purpose in life is to get off the edge and chase down the quarterback, instead of justifying to ourselves why all these other things they do so well are as important or why their other traits mean we can just teach them to be a pass rusher. I'm not saying you're wrong about Walker or that he can't learn to consistently get to the quarterback, I'd just like us to draft someone because they're already fantastic at it.
You forgot Leonard Williams.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #981 on: March 25, 2022, 11:04:25 AM »
You forgot Leonard Williams.

Yes I did.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #982 on: March 25, 2022, 11:06:29 AM »
He wasn't asked to rush the passer.  Georgia's true pass rushers the past two seasons were Olujari and then Anderson (who got arrested six or seven games into the 2021 season). 

I see a lot of stuff out there about his sack totals.  As a contain player and a DL that lined up at DE, DT, NT, and standup OLB, he had good production.

I'm not saying he is an elite pass rusher.  He's far from it.  He is an elite defensive end because of his traits and his ability to play every DL tech at a high level.
And if we were the Giants, getting a really good defensive lineman would be awesome, because they have a promising edge rusher in Ojulari.  they could use an inside out player next to him/across from him. If we take Walker at 4, we’ll be exactly where we were in the early 2010s with Muh, Sheldon, and Coples, trying to manufacture a passrush and putting square pegs in round holes, wasting JFM, and, very possibly, still looking for an edge rusher.

And if passrush technique could be taught to make guys legit pro passrushers, there’d be a hell of a lot more guys with great traits and poor numbers who work out.

And who cares that is JJ two years older? His even limited tape at UGA showed exactly how good he was going to be if he was able to get on the field more than he did. You know exactly what you’re getting with JJ, an legit edge guy who plays the run well and produces every game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #983 on: March 25, 2022, 11:29:49 AM »
If we take Walker at 4, we’ll be exactly where we were in the early 2010s with Muh, Sheldon, and Coples, trying to manufacture a passrush and putting square pegs in round holes, wasting JFM, and, very possibly, still looking for an edge rusher.

Look how far the defense has fallen.  I'm not about drafting a defensive tackle with any of our premium picks, but we are clearly hurting up front. 

How are you wasting JFM if both him and Walker can play inside and out?

Walker is a 4-3 DE that can play DT.  He wouldn't be a square peg in our current scheme because it's a 4-3.  Coples and Richardson were poor fits in the 3-4.  If we were drafting him to play 3-4 OLB, I'd get it.  He's great with his hand in the ground.  There's no issue with scheme fit.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #984 on: March 25, 2022, 11:42:02 AM »
I'm going to be legitimately pissed if we take an OL at 4.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #985 on: March 25, 2022, 11:43:39 AM »
I'm going to be legitimately pissed if we take an OL at 4.
That ended with Laken

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #986 on: March 25, 2022, 11:45:30 AM »
That ended with Laken

You say that but seemingly every mock draft I see has us taking an OL.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #987 on: March 25, 2022, 11:47:43 AM »
The first five picks should be Thibs, Hutch, Walker, Ickey, and Neal in some order. Worst case scenario for us is the three edge rushers going in order to start the draft.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #988 on: March 25, 2022, 12:02:34 PM »
You say that but seemingly every mock draft I see has us taking an OL.
Were those old mocks from before we signed him?  That or tards that don't know anything about the Jets.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 12:04:16 PM by bojanglesman »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #989 on: March 25, 2022, 12:03:30 PM »
The first five picks should be Thibs, Hutch, Walker, Ickey, and Neal in some order. Worst case scenario for us is the three edge rushers going in order to start the draft.
Then it's Sauce time

Tags: