Author Topic: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts  (Read 61919 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts
« Reply #885 on: March 15, 2022, 08:42:43 PM »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #886 on: March 15, 2022, 08:48:33 PM »
It's a huge disappointment his best trait was that he was an athletic freak.  He isnt.

Idk, I think anyone who watched him play knew he wasn’t  DK level of freak. A 4.5 forty is still good for a 225 WR… but I think the freak labels were probably overblown just based off of his tape alone (not a knock, still a big fan of his tape and would be happy with him at 10)

Edit: wasn’t**
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 10:21:23 PM by Laxin »

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #887 on: March 15, 2022, 09:09:14 PM »
I like Burks but you can't tell me that his 40 time isn't a mild disappointment.

does he look like he runs 4.5 on film with pads on?

the answer is no

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #888 on: March 15, 2022, 09:31:20 PM »
The hall of fame is littered with WRs who couldn't run under 4.5 40 times.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #889 on: March 15, 2022, 10:54:07 PM »
does he look like he runs 4.5 on film with pads on?

the answer is no
lol

Its not just the 40.
His vertical, his bench, his broad jump, his 3 cone.
Man, he even measured in short.

The guy is not a good route runner and was being elevated because of his potential as an elite athlete.  He's not an elite athlete so why in the world are you taking him at 10?  London and Wilson are definitely better prospects. 

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #890 on: March 15, 2022, 11:22:45 PM »
Here's my post FA mock  with a trade:

I traded back with Cle...10 and 69 for 13 and 44

4.Kayvon Thibodeaux EDGE Oregon

13. Drake London WR USC

35. DeMarvin Leal DT Texas A&M

38. Greg Dulcich TE UCLA

44. Quay Walker LB Georgia

111. Cole Strange OG Chattanooga

117. Mario Goodrich CB Clemson

146. Kyren Williams RB Notre Dame

163. Amare Barno EDGE Virginia Tech
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #891 on: March 15, 2022, 11:35:54 PM »
Honestly think RB is one of the bigger needs on offense after WR. We could obviously use another TE and a backup G/T, but I think someone to share the load with MC and pass protect on 3rd down is more pressing. I don’t really want Coleman getting more than 5 touches per game

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #892 on: March 16, 2022, 03:09:59 AM »
If we draft Walker... is EDGE still a need?
I like Walker as an overall talent, but I don’t like Walker for what the Jets need. Jermaine Johnson is a superior player as a pure edge guy because he has legit pass rush moves and knows how to use his athleticism better than Travon does. Walker’s passrush is all just strength/speed right now, and while he would add great physical talent to the line, I don’t know if he does anything that we’re in desperate need of.

I’d personally bulk Travon up more and use him like JFM or Justin Tuck as an inside/outside guy.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #893 on: March 16, 2022, 08:48:31 AM »
I’d personally bulk Travon up more and use him like JFM or Justin Tuck as an inside/outside guy.

At this point, that's why I prefer him for our front.  I wouldn't take him over a true edge like Thibs or Hutchinson, but I think we're just out of range for both of those guys.

I'm not looking at Travon Walker as a pass rushing EDGE.  He's a defensive end that can kick inside in a pinch and give our front some juice.

We need some run fit monsters up front to help Quinnen.  Lawson, if he comes back, is likely to get bullied sometimes in the run game.  The same goes for Bryce Huff when he's out there.  JFM inside might solve some issues, but then you are weak again on the edge.  Rankins is strictly a pass rushing interior player.

Our linebackers are dead in the water if we can't get our interior defensive line upgraded. 
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 08:50:44 AM by Heismanberg »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #894 on: March 16, 2022, 08:49:29 AM »
Honestly think RB is one of the bigger needs on offense after WR. We could obviously use another TE and a backup G/T, but I think someone to share the load with MC and pass protect on 3rd down is more pressing. I don’t really want Coleman getting more than 5 touches per game

100% agree

I think it's an undervalued position and that could work in our favor.  Any of the top five RBs in this class would be a nice addition to our offense, but I'm hoping for Breece Hall.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #895 on: March 16, 2022, 08:54:20 AM »
Walker stood out to me almost immediately when Georgia kicked Clemson's derriere, but the Auburn game is a good one of his to watch.

He's being used as a contain player and not a pass rusher.  He also played some linebacker against them and Kentucky, which is cool to see UGA use his athleticism that way.  Dropping into coverage is something he can do if we want to go multiple up front.

Georgia was so big up front and so fast at linebacker that Walker was basically being used as a game wrecking edge setter.  He's rarely just trying to get back there.  He's reading run first.  It worked for Kirby Smart, so I'm not knocking the scheme at all but it clearly limited Walker against the pass. 

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #896 on: March 16, 2022, 01:03:33 PM »
Has anyone seen a mock draft that actually mocks Walker to the Jets?

It seems like this little board is driving the Walker to the Jets bandwagon, and I don't think I've seen anyone else have Walker at 4. Granted, I've had other distractions recently, and the Tomlinson signing affects our pick, but I rarely see him mocked at 4.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #897 on: March 16, 2022, 01:05:20 PM »
Has anyone seen a mock draft that actually mocks Walker to the Jets?

It seems like this little board is driving the Walker to the Jets bandwagon, and I don't think I've seen anyone else have Walker at 4. Granted, I've had other distractions recently, and the Tomlinson signing affects our pick, but I rarely see him mocked at 4.

I've seen a few where he goes to Houston at 3. 

Most mocks have us taking Ekwonu or Thibodeaux. 

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #898 on: March 16, 2022, 01:23:21 PM »
I've seen a few where he goes to Houston at 3. 

Most mocks have us taking Ekwonu or Thibodeaux. 
Same. I've seen 3. Never 4.

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #899 on: March 16, 2022, 02:49:08 PM »
At this point, that's why I prefer him for our front.  I wouldn't take him over a true edge like Thibs or Hutchinson, but I think we're just out of range for both of those guys.

I'm not looking at Travon Walker as a pass rushing EDGE.  He's a defensive end that can kick inside in a pinch and give our front some juice.

We need some run fit monsters up front to help Quinnen.  Lawson, if he comes back, is likely to get bullied sometimes in the run game.  The same goes for Bryce Huff when he's out there.  JFM inside might solve some issues, but then you are weak again on the edge.  Rankins is strictly a pass rushing interior player.

Our linebackers are dead in the water if we can't get our interior defensive line upgraded.
Which is why I’d say we disagree on him being picked 4. A guy to be versatile inside/outside or play a more conservative game at edge could be found later, while a guy with pedigree as a pass rushing edge usually has to be a priority. Right now I know we have guys who can play on the interior, but I really don’t know if we have a legit outside passrusher.

I personally value Jermaine Johnson higher than others, and to me he fits well because he is well rounded. But obviously a KT or Hutch would and should be automatic for any fan.

Tags: