Author Topic: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts  (Read 61915 times)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts
« Reply #855 on: March 14, 2022, 10:14:42 PM »
Has Walker really proven to be that impact player yet? From what I’ve seen, he’s flashed and been a good player, but I don’t really think he’s been that impact passrusher that we are hoping for with the 4th overall pick. Seems like a lot of projection there, which is fine, but not sure I’m thrilled with that at #4.

I think I’d prefer one of the CBs.
I want an edge ideally for the positional value, but I feel this message board hypes up Walker more than any other place I've seen. There are a couple people that have Walker top 5, but that's certainly not the consensus.

I'm not sold on him as an edge rusher at all, but I am sold on him as an elite run defender, and with his athleticism, he has the impact to do more. I do worry that we're drafting another very good DL who isn't a difference maker if we draft him, but his athleticism gives him some more upside.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #856 on: March 14, 2022, 10:17:56 PM »
I still don't think it's crazy for us to draft Ekwonu at 4 if he falls and then trade Becton. There was a lot of negative smoke around the organization, from him struggling in camp, to him not getting healthy on time, to several different people saying the Jets weren't happy with Becton. If we can get a top-40 pick for Becton, maybe we take Ekwonu, stick him at RT, and then use that top-40 pick to address another need.

Best case scenario is Becton is a star at OT, and I love his potential, but I think there's a drop-off after the top 4 guys for me (Hutch, Thibs, Neal, Icky). We need to get another offensive tackle just to provide insurance for Becton. Maybe the move is just move on from Becton entirely. I wouldn't love it, but it wouldn't shock me.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #857 on: March 14, 2022, 10:52:40 PM »
Travon Walker is a better prospect than Evan Neal
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #858 on: March 14, 2022, 10:53:56 PM »
Has Walker really proven to be that impact player yet? From what I’ve seen, he’s flashed and been a good player, but I don’t really think he’s been that impact passrusher that we are hoping for with the 4th overall pick. Seems like a lot of projection there, which is fine, but not sure I’m thrilled with that at #4.

I think I’d prefer one of the CBs.

Stop looking at him as a pass rusher and look at him as a defensive front player.

We are ridiculously slow laterally on defense.  Walker makes an immediate impact as a sideline-to-sideline front player and a run defender.  He has enough physical ability to generate 6-8 sacks yearly.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 10:55:32 PM by Heismanberg »

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #859 on: March 15, 2022, 05:18:26 AM »
Stop looking at him as a pass rusher and look at him as a defensive front player.

We are ridiculously slow laterally on defense.  Walker makes an immediate impact as a sideline-to-sideline front player and a run defender.  He has enough physical ability to generate 6-8 sacks yearly.

Today.

As he develops, with his traits and measurable, work ethic etc. the sky is the limit.
Need a new one for a new board...

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #860 on: March 15, 2022, 08:12:54 AM »

That may be true but this is the 4th overall pick.  When was the last time a player that was this much of a prospect picked top 5?  Better yet when did that player become successful?

If you want to take him at 10, go for your life, but I want a player at 4 who has a high floor and I know can contribute.  I dont want a raw prospect who might only have 6-8 sacks a year

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #861 on: March 15, 2022, 08:30:45 AM »
That may be true but this is the 4th overall pick.  When was the last time a player that was this much of a prospect picked top 5?  Better yet when did that player become successful?

If you want to take him at 10, go for your life, but I want a player at 4 who has a high floor and I know can contribute.  I dont want a raw prospect who might only have 6-8 sacks a year

He's an elite defensive lineman.  He's not a prospect.  He has pass rushing potential.  He's not an edge rusher like Thibs or Hutchinson.  He is the best run defending defensive lineman in the draft, easily. 

The term EDGE is screwing people up.  He is a defensive end that can play defensive tackle in a pinch. 

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #862 on: March 15, 2022, 10:17:33 AM »
He's an elite defensive lineman.  He's not a prospect.  He has pass rushing potential.  He's not an edge rusher like Thibs or Hutchinson.  He is the best run defending defensive lineman in the draft, easily. 

The term EDGE is screwing people up.  He is a defensive end that can play defensive tackle in a pinch.
Picking a run stuffer top 10 is a waste, especially for this organization who has been able to find diamonds in the rough across coaching staffs and front offices.

As a pass rusher Walker is unbelievably raw.  He is a prospect.  We need a pass rusher who has proven he can get to the qb.  Again if you want to take him at 10 as a project that's fine, but I'd be much more comfortable with Sauce at 4 who has shown elite success at the position you are drafting him to play

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #863 on: March 15, 2022, 10:18:51 AM »
Picking a run stuffer top 10 is a waste, especially for this organization who has been able to find diamonds in the rough across coaching staffs and front offices.

As a pass rusher Walker is unbelievably raw.  He is a prospect.  We need a pass rusher who has proven he can get to the qb.  Again if you want to take him at 10 as a project that's fine, but I'd be much more comfortable with Sauce at 4 who has shown elite success at the position you are drafting him to play

Why do you keep calling him a pass rusher? 

Calling him a "run stuffer" is a bit of a reach too.  He's not a nose tackle.  He runs better than most linebackers. 

If you look at the DL that had success with Saleh, they are similar to Walker.  I'm not talking about Nick Bosa.  We don't have a shot at a player like that.  I'm talking about Armstead and Buckner:  dominant anchor types that can push the pocket.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 10:21:21 AM by Heismanberg »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #864 on: March 15, 2022, 10:21:19 AM »
Why do you keep calling him a pass rusher? 

Uh.......

Walker is a pass rusher
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #865 on: March 15, 2022, 10:22:32 AM »
Uh.......

Not in the way that insanity seems to think.

He wants an elite pass rusher on the edge.  We all do.  We are likely out of position for that. 

Walker can rush the passer, but not in the way that you'd see from Hutchinson or Thibodeaux or even Jermaine Johnson.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #866 on: March 15, 2022, 10:23:32 AM »
If we are serious about taking the best player available at #4, it's Walker if Thibs and Hutchinson are off the board.

Sauce Gardner would be fine too, but Walker can impact every play.  Gardner can be schemed around.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #867 on: March 15, 2022, 10:26:27 AM »
If we are serious about taking the best player available at #4, it's Walker if Thibs and Hutchinson are off the board.

Sauce Gardner would be fine too, but Walker can impact every play.  Gardner can be schemed around.

This is why I expect Walker to be the guy. I also wouldn’t be shocked to see him go over Thibs if a team (such as us) isn’t comfortable with how he interviewed
Need a new one for a new board...

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #868 on: March 15, 2022, 10:27:26 AM »
This is why I expect Walker to be the guy. I also wouldn’t be shocked to see him go over Thibs if a team (such as us) isn’t comfortable with how he interviewed

It's certainly possible that Houston could take Walker at #3.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #869 on: March 15, 2022, 10:44:36 AM »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Tags: