Author Topic: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts  (Read 61918 times)

ons

• Chad Pennington
Re: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts
« Reply #735 on: February 17, 2022, 02:40:55 PM »
https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/02/15/2022-nfl-first-round-mock-draft-ny-jets-surprise/

4. Jermaine Johnson
10. Garrett Wilson

I'm not even mad.  I'm kinda warming up to the idea of Johnson's stock moving up into the top 5.

Jermaine Johnson is also ~ 2 years older than Thibodeaux, Hutchinson, Karlaftis, etc. I think he's solidly among the oldest prospects being talked about going so high, which should definitely should be considered when thinking about projection.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #736 on: February 17, 2022, 02:53:06 PM »
Jermaine Johnson is also ~ 2 years older than Thibodeaux, Hutchinson, Karlaftis, etc. I think he's solidly among the oldest prospects being talked about going so high, which should definitely should be considered when thinking about projection.

For a team that has had a vanishingly small number of players it drafted sign a second contract, I don't know how much we should really care. Give me five years of good play and anything else is a bonus. Obviously drafting 25 year olds shouldn't be a standard policy, but if everything else screams that they're the right guy then I wouldn't be put off by a greater level of maturity.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #737 on: February 19, 2022, 08:50:43 AM »
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2951636-2022-nfl-mock-draft-br-nfl-scouting-depts-post-super-bowl-picks

Bleacher Report's 3 Rd Mock

4. Karlaftis
10. Jordan Davis
35. Devin Lloyd
38. Trey McBride
69. Coby Bryant

Not a fan of round 1

No way Lloyd drops to the second round.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #738 on: February 19, 2022, 08:53:32 AM »
Bleacher Report's 3 Rd Mock

4. Karlaftis
10. Jordan Davis
35. Devin Lloyd
38. Trey McBride
69. Coby Bryant

Not a fan of round 1

No way Lloyd drops to the second round.
Gross
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #739 on: February 19, 2022, 09:01:32 AM »
I didn't think it was even worth mentioning in the Do Not Want thread, but Jordan Davis at 10... do not freaking want. 

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #740 on: February 19, 2022, 02:57:09 PM »
Just because Bleacher Report was bought by Time Warner and has mastered the art of clickbait/search engine algorithm exploitation doesn't mean they are legit or informative in any way (not that any Feb. mocks are legit and/or informative, I know it's all in good time-killing fun).

Imagine if Connor Hughes had less sources and also had Down Syndrome....that's the Bleacher Report "journalism" sweatshop.

This is like rolling your eyes at the homeless crack head at the subway exit predicting we take Oscar The Grouch at pick 10.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 02:59:19 PM by Gorilla »

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #741 on: February 21, 2022, 07:50:20 AM »
https://www.nfl.com/news/three-round-2022-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-packers-add-wr-in-round-3
Chad Reuter's latest 3 round Mock; AKA The Drake Draft

4. Hamilton
20. Drake London +(Pitt 2023 1st rd pick and 2022 3rd rd pick)
29. Drake Jackson traded up from 35 and gave up our 4th rd pick this year
38. Roger McCreary
69. Sean Rhyan
84. Charlie Kolar

I'll pass on this mock.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #742 on: February 21, 2022, 08:18:49 AM »

Chad Reuter's latest 3 round Mock; AKA The Drake Draft

4. Hamilton
20. Drake London +(Pitt 2023 1st rd pick and 2022 3rd rd pick)
29. Drake Jackson traded up from 35 and gave up our 4th rd pick this year
38. Roger McCreary
69. Sean Rhyan
84. Charlie Kolar

I'll pass on this mock.

Not to our taste but I don't think it's a disaster. 6 picks that can all potentially start day 1 and getting the Steelers 2023 pick is promising, they could be pretty lousy next year unless they're landing a big fish at QB.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #743 on: February 21, 2022, 09:46:52 AM »

Not to our taste but I don't think it's a disaster. 6 picks that can all potentially start day 1 and getting the Steelers 2023 pick is promising, they could be pretty lousy next year unless they're landing a big fish at QB.

I just can't get on board with any mock involving us taking a Safety at 4.

I do like the trade back tho.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #744 on: February 21, 2022, 11:19:23 AM »
I just can't get on board with any mock involving us taking a Safety at 4.

I do like the trade back tho.
Actually I'm going to backpedal a bit... I clicked the link and saw he had us take Hamilton over Thibodeaux. That would be very annoying.

Only way I can begin to rationalize Hamilton is if both top edges are gone.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #745 on: February 21, 2022, 11:30:52 AM »
Actually I'm going to backpedal a bit... I clicked the link and saw he had us take Hamilton over Thibodeaux. That would be very annoying.

Only way I can begin to rationalize Hamilton is if both top edges are gone.

yes..Thibs being there makes it much worse.

Ekwonu/both EDGEs/Neal are ahead of Hamilton imo. 

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #746 on: February 21, 2022, 11:33:42 AM »
yes..Thibs being there makes it much worse.

Ekwonu/both EDGEs/Neal are ahead of Hamilton imo.
With the OL I can think of it like this - is it better to have Hamilton and BGA (like Green or Johnson) at 35/38, or Ekwonu/Neal and BSA (like Brisker) at 35/38? Obviously the reality is much more complicated but if you compare those narrowed scenarios I think there's a real debate.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #747 on: February 21, 2022, 11:43:17 AM »
With the OL I can think of it like this - is it better to have Hamilton and BGA (like Green or Johnson) at 35/38, or Ekwonu/Neal and BSA (like Brisker) at 35/38? Obviously the reality is much more complicated but if you compare those narrowed scenarios I think there's a real debate.

I guess i don't value Safety as much.  I'd rather take Lewis Cine in round 3 if he's still there.

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #748 on: February 21, 2022, 11:54:26 AM »

I'm not the hugest fan of going O-line at 4, I think there are too many other pressing needs for this team given the performance of our O-line in the second half of the season combined with the possibility of Becton coming back. I really want edge at 4, but if the top 2 are off the board I wouldn't be upset to take Hamilton over Ekwonu/Neal.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #749 on: February 21, 2022, 01:05:48 PM »
I'm not the hugest fan of going O-line at 4, I think there are too many other pressing needs for this team given the performance of our O-line in the second half of the season combined with the possibility of Becton coming back. I really want edge at 4, but if the top 2 are off the board I wouldn't be upset to take Hamilton over Ekwonu/Neal.
These are the positions I would select before Safety at 4 (in random order)

OL
EDGE
CB
WR

in other words..premium positions.

I'm not knocking Hamilton...kid's a baller. He's just not a priority in the top 10 for us, imo.

Tags: